“Super!”

Ranked #834 of 23,234 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: City of London
Description: The Byward Kitchen and Bar is a venue that offers homemade, traditional, British food in a relaxing setting, near one of the country's favourite landmarks. Situated next to All Hallows by the Tower and a stones throw from The Tower of London, The restaurant offers a surprising oasis on the edge of one of the busiest cities in the world. Get away from the London hustle in our outdoor seating area in a lovely quiet garden setting. Or come in and experience the relaxed ambience and modern décor. Choose from our seasonal menu Breakfast, Lunch, evening supper or sample our craft beer's or choose a cocktail at the bar.
Reviewed August 4, 2013

Hele leuke bediening! Leuke zaak met goed eten!

Very nice people and very good food and a nice place to be!!
Thank you very much for everything specialy for Glutenfree!!!

Fam Roling

1  Thank Willem1989
There are newer reviews for ​Byward Kitchen and Bar

Reviewed August 3, 2013

What a find: I ate two wonderful and great value breakfasts here while staying nearby.
Substantial, well cooked, great value, friendly and welcoming staff; pleasant, clean and homely premises...what more could you want?
I had the scrambled egg and (excellent) bacon: lovely! ..and ample portions, backed up by toast and jam, with lashings of tea thrown in with price. My wife had Veggie Full English and this was equally impressive.
If I was within a reasonable striking range of this place while in London, and was looking for simple, hearty breakfast at great price to set me up for day, I wouldn't eat anywhere else.
Recommended.

1  Thank paul m
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Clue to all travellers, when hungry and in need of a peaceful cool place to sit with great food and welcoming staff, look for the local church. Not cheap but wonderful quality food, small good wine list and great attention to detail making it a welcoming place to sit and eat and so near to the Tower

1  Thank bilsdalea
Reviewed July 25, 2013

After walking through the London tower I walked towards the All Hallows church. On the way I saw this place so I stopped in for a bite. The staff were extremely friendly. In fact my waiter was walking around singing and dancing, which provided quite the experience. I asked the waiter what would be the best for the local cuisine and he suggested some lunch special that came on a rack. The rack had a slice of fruit cake, a raspberry tart, cucumber/cheese/lox sandwich halves, biscuits and jelly, a lemon muffin and a cup of tea came with it. The price? Just 13 pounds! For the quality and the immensity of the rack I thought I had ordered something close to 30 pounds worth of food, but nay, only 13 pounds! This place is very affordable and provides great quality for the price. I would highly recommend stop by on the way to All Hallows or the Tower of London.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

We have visited twice now and the food and service has been a delightful experience. Catering for and welcoming all ages with food to cover a variety of palettes.
Close to the Tower of London it made a change from the usual offering of the big chains. Also saw it on the television!!!
Highly recommended.