See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed July 31, 2018 via mobile

We spent 2 nights at the dolphin-inn lodge. The hostel is near paddington station, a few minutes walk. Quite practical for us as we had to leave for heathrow airport on our last day. We walked with our 4 lugguages without big issue to take the heathrow express which is 15 minutes to terminal 3 and around 20-30 minutes to the other terminals.
Rooms: clean.
Breakfast: tea/coffee/juice/canned fruit/bread/butter/jam/boiled eggs. If you are looking for a great breakfast then this is not the place.
Reception is 2 or 3 doors away. There was no staff in the block we stayed in. We had to go to the other building if we had any querries. There is a small dining room which guests can use to eat their own meals.
Wifi is available in the block!
Around the place: outside we could hear people fighting...not sure if this is common to this area - we did not stay long enough..

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Minta78
PaddingtonHotels, Manager at Dolphin Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts, as we believe that guest feedback is the best way to identify our flaws and improve our performance. We are delighted to hear that you appreciated the cleanliness of our facilities and the convenient location of Dolphin Inn in central London. However, it is disheartening to read that you experienced some issues with the staff of the hotel. Please rest assured that this is not the level of service we aim for our guests, and we will definitely address the team accordingly. We would also like to apologise for the loud noises that you have experienced and to inform you that next time, if you notify a member of our team, we will be able to act accordingly. Also after 11pm we have a no noise policy and the square is a very peaceful and quite location.
Thank you once again for this review and we do hope to welcome you again in order to ensure a better experience.

Reviewed July 18, 2018 via mobile

Excellent location 2 minutes from Paddington Station. Lot of pubs and restaurants around and a small park if you want a lie-down on the grass. My single room was at the back of the building and on the third floor so fairly quiet. I could sleep with the window open, which I like. The WiFi was fast and reliable. However, the bed was almost child size and the room itself was more like a broom closet. The on-site bathroom was tiny and the shower curtain was hanging quite far from the floor so water was everywhere. The shower itself was next to useless unless you held it in your hand centimeters from whatever body part you wanted to wash. A single towel prevented any mopping up on the floor so big puddles that you had to step in whenever you were visiting the bathroom. The breakfast was extremely basic and not worth the trip down the cellar, even if the staff there were very nice. I would not stay again.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Traveled solo
PaddingtonHotels, Manager at Dolphin Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us. It makes us happy to hear that you enjoyed our strategic location in the city. Lack of space is a known issue in central London and especially in constructions similar to ours ,which were not built originally to operate as hotels. However, our aim here at Dolphin Inn is to offer a comfortable stay in a clean and welcoming environment at the best possible rates for London zone 1. Nevertheless, it is disappointing to read your dissatisfaction about the shower's water pressure and absence of towels. Next time you visit us, please inform a member of the staff about these issues and we will act accordingly. Luckily we have a very experienced maintenance team who can fix such problems and make sure nothing similar happens again.
At last, we are sorry that our breakfast did not meet your expectations, but rest assured that we always try to provide a meticulously-crafted menu to our guests, created by locally sourced products.
Once again, thank you for your valuable input and we do wish to welcome you again in order to ensure a better experience.

Reviewed May 6, 2018 via mobile

Firstly, do not confused. There are Dolphin Inn and Dolphin Hotel at Norfolk Square. Both are under the same management. Check in and check out will be done at reception of the hotel, then only go to Inn which is a few doors away from hotel. Hotel is at no 32 and the Inn is at no 44, Norfolk Square. Check in and check out were smooth.

Staff were nice and helpful. We can leave the luggage in the reception office after check out and also before check in time.

Location, superb!
Paddington Underground Station is just nearby and train station to Heathrow Airport is just next to Paddington Station. All are walkable from the hostel.
Many halal restaurants and souvenir shops at the street nearby (Praed Street) where you can also take the public red bus and also hop on hop off bus.

The price comes with linen, towel and breakfast too! I was excited because I was at the end of my solo travelling trip, just came from Scandinavian countries where mostly all above have to pay separately and it wasn’t cheap.

The only slight difficulty I had was, I had to carry my luggage up to the 1st floor. Luckily it was 1st floor, not higher up. There is no lift in Dolphin Inn.

Overall, I recommend this inn but if you have many luggage or travel with disable person, then you need to get details from the Inn management itself.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Traveled solo
PaddingtonHotels, Manager at Dolphin Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2018

Dear Achik,

Thank you for taking the time to share your impressions. It was our great pleasure to welcome you at Dolphin Inn and we are glad to hear that you enjoyed our location, service and breakfast. Next time you visit us, please inform a member of our team and we will gladly assist you with caring the luggage.

Reviewed December 18, 2017

The best of the hotel: Sam!! One of the staff you can find in breakfast time. She is such a lovely girl!Thank you for your kindness! I would say breakfast time was so earlier...And the other thing was the location, only 2 min from Paddintong station.
Good to stay for a few days and for the price and location.

Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
PaddingtonHotels, Manager at Dolphin Inn, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2017

Your comments on the friendliness of our staff is surely one of the best compliments you could ever make to us. Thank you for your feedback and for recommending us to other travelers. We are thrilled you had a good time with us and we will share the love with Sam and the rest of the team! We hope to welcome you back soon!

All the Best,

Reviewed October 29, 2017 via mobile

I arrived quite late after 11pm, I was able to check in smoothly and quickly which was very good. I stayed in a single ensuite, for what I paid the room was comfortable with a hot shower and also a hairdryer which was a bonus! The room I was in was in the ground floor and pretty quiet and seperate from the dorm rooms, I had a good night's stay. The only recommendation I would have is that on a weekend the breakfast time be extended to 10am as 9:15 is quite early to finish breakfast when you don't need to check out until 11am. Yes it may not be quite as comfortable as a big main hotel but it cost half the price for a single room and is in the perfect location to Paddington station. Would stay here again.

Date of stay: October 2017