See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed January 16, 2016 via mobile

Booked a single en-suitr room and had a four bunk room. Clean and not too uncomfortable but the bed was small. Curtains hanging off and a light bulb was out. Reception didn't tell me you have to pay a deposit for a TV remote, so after searching high and low for it went to tell them. Got one, but was a waste of time as the picture kept breaking up and there were just a handful of channels but NOT BBC 1 or 2. Wifi was good though, so used that on my tablet.
Shower was either boiling or freezing. Breakfast was a waste of time - it was 4 doors up sharing with their hotel so rammed. Gave up queuing after 15 minutes.
No lift - and staircases are steep (I was 4th floor).

Date of stay: January 2016
Trip type: Traveled solo
Management2244, Manager at Dolphin Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2016

Dear SaltaireMan,

From my understanding you have probably stayed in this hotel a while back. Since then we have converted this hotel from a hostel to a hotel. The quality has drastically improved over the past year, with a continuous and passionate effort from all the team and management. I hope that you give us another chance to witness the changes yourself. For example, the beds have been strengthened, the curtains have been changed, bathrooms have been changed, railings, windows, carpets and we have even installed a new breakfast room so that you do not have to share with the neighbouring crowded Dolphin. On your next visit to London please email us at info@dolphinhotel.co.uk

Kind Regards and apologies for any inconvenience

Reviewed September 24, 2015

hi just to say the hotel was very nice and clean lovely breakfast and staff stairs wasn't to bad good exercise and just like to thank the man on recepition when we checked out 13 th sept afternoon I left the key in the room also my case wondered y it seem easy cuming down I ad my fold up chair and ruck sack but 4 got my case he thought it quite thank u

Date of stay: September 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Dolphin_Management, Manager at Dolphin Inn, responded to this reviewResponded December 23, 2015

Dear Shaz,

I am very glad you enjoyed your stay with us and especially that you were left feeling happy and assisted after dealing with our team. This is our top priority so it is good to know we got it right.

We hope to see you again

Reviewed September 7, 2015 via mobile

I've never stayed in a hostel before. I'm not sure if this establishment is entirely hostel-esque but it seemed to be.

So check in for this inn is in the next door building called "dolphin hotel". Pleasant staff, and accommodating when it comes to storing luggage, both before check in, and after check out.

We stayed in a 6 bed room - 3 x bunk beds. Overall was relatively clean and came with its own minuscule bathroom, but the water was clean and hot, and the toilet worked. Bedding was clean and we got toilets to use as well.

It wasn't until bed time we noticed the only window in the room had no curtain. Being late, we fashioned a curtain out of hair clips and towels, which wasn't ideal but the best we could come up with.

There were bathrooms/toilet facilities on lower levels, one of which had all the workings for a shower, but no shower head or hose, and both of which had no hot water.

We were on the 3rd floor and could still hear the underground trains rumble by. Thank god they aren't 24 hrs yet.

The next morning we complained about the curtain, and though he didn't promise anything, that night there was a solitary curtain hung up. Unfortunately the one tube light in the room had lost its grip to the ceiling, so it was only suspended from the electrics.

Overall, for 2 nights £28 pppn, with hot water and clean bedding, we felt we for what we paid for, and tried to find the funny side of the lack of privacy window and lowered lighting.

Date of stay: September 2015
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Dolphin_Management, Manager at Dolphin Inn, responded to this reviewResponded December 29, 2015

Dear ladyjane,

Thanks for your review. I am glad our hostel provided you with the essentials you were looking for at a very reasonable price for London. However I must apologise for any trouble you had regarding the curtain and light bulb. Luckily we have a very experience maintenance team who have fixed the problem and will make sure nothing similar happens again.

Thanks again

Reviewed July 6, 2015 via mobile

Would never stay here again the sink was blocked up and filthy and walls are paper thin, the guests next door were singing and shouting at 2oclock in the morning and waking us all up.i reported the problem with the bathroom but nothing was done. I came here with my 9 and 10 year old children would definitely NEVER recommend this hotel for families.

Date of stay: June 2015
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed November 9, 2014

This is not a hotel, and the money you pay certainly doesn't reflect any form of accommodation.
Breakfast was awful. Twin rooms dirty. Bathroom is shared, bunk beds small and worse than a hostel.

I asked to move to a 'better' double room, where the curtains were hanging off, and the beds slid across the floor- with the double room being two beds pushed together. Bathroom wasn't shared, but was less than 1m^2!! No room to even shower.

Save your money and don't go here! And if you chose to, save you money and get breakfast from the nearby pubs or Wetherspoons

Room tip: Do not use this!
Date of stay: September 2014