“Amazing show.”

36 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 56 helpful votes
“Amazing show.”
Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

Amazing performance. As everyone says You forget they are puppets. Emotional. Well worth a trip to the theatre.

1 Thank kscumbria

13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 87 helpful votes
“Well done production”
Reviewed November 1, 2013

Having read the book (wonderful story) seen the film, we looked forward to seeing the stage production and we were not disappointed.
The horse "puppets" worked by 3 actors to each horse, were incredible - after only a few minutes we felt as though we were watching real horses - brilliant.
As well as the horses there was also a puppet goose which was hilarious (it actually looked as though it was falling to bits, which simply added to its charm!)
The story pretty much followed the book.
The downside for me I missed a lot of the dialogue as I found it very difficult to hear - knowing the story helped.
Overall superb.

7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Just Beautiful”
Reviewed November 1, 2013

What's not to like? Touching story, all the more heartbreaking as it's based in reality, brilliant puppetry and beautiful acting. So grateful I got to see it.

Visited July 2013
Epsom, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“War Horse”
Reviewed November 1, 2013

This was a huge disappointment, apart from the excellent puppetry. It was badly acted, slow and boring. I do not understand what all the fuss is about. I have never been to a London show where there has not been a standing ovation at the end, not one person in the audience stood for the rather week applause. It was a relief to get out. I have seen the film version and I wept buckets of tears, so I went prepared with loads of tissues, but they were not needed. The whole show was very hammy, and I begrudge the money spent on the tickets. Also the foreign languages where unnecessary, it went on too long and the audience got restless. All very amateurish. Really disappointed.

3 Thank janet504170
Selattyn
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Something for all the family.”
Reviewed October 31, 2013

Only one complaint about it and that was that we couldn't see the whole of it because a young girl was leaning over the barrier, although we expected to have an obstructed view due to the safety rail this was very distracting.
Overall a brilliant play, the puppetry was amazing, very controlled and well thought out down to the fine detail such as the horses breathing.
The goose provided a welcome relief from the trauma in the plot with it's realistic yet comedic antics.