Review Highlights

from $118.00
from $81.30
from $119.30
5,248 results
All reviews moving story west end puppets horses production film play stage theatre life cast tickets audience
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Absolutely fantastic show. Horses became real to me. And it was so moving. Well done to all that were involved in the making of it. You deserved the standing ovation. Ok

1  Thank lexyloo2005
Reviewed October 5, 2018

I went to see War Horse in Milton Keynes for the first time. I heard it was a great theater production and a very good story. I wasn't sure what to expect, but I can truly say, it truly surpassed my expectations. A wonderful and moving story, very well acted out, not a dull moment. I would highly recommend it to anyone, well worth it. P.S you don't have to be into horses to appreciate this amazing story.

2  Thank Shashi P
Reviewed August 17, 2018

Saw this show in Woking. Had been told it would be fantastic but it surpassed my expectations. Even my 9 year old was gripped and thoroughly enjoyed it. Despite the very emotive subject matter, it wasn't overly upsetting and therefore remained enjoyable. Even some very humorous moments included. Looking to see if I can get some tickets for later in the tour..once wasn't enough!

3  Thank MrsJET
Reviewed June 1, 2018 via mobile

I wouldn't recommend this show if u are a very young child it's very loud alot of bangs ended up having a panic attack and had to leave the show I was sad as couldn't see it till the end

2  Thank Lois P
Reviewed May 22, 2018 via mobile

Saw War Horse in Festival Theatre in Edinburgh, fantastic production with amazing work by the puppeteers , it was hard to believe the horses weren’t real! Really gripping and moving story brilliantly produced.The theatre itself was very nice with a excellent sound system . Bill

Reviewed April 30, 2018

Took my mother to see warhorse for a birthday treat We had great seats and were excited about seeing the show.
Unfortunately we did not enjoy it at all. No real props on stage, really dull and boring for us. There's a cloud like screen going across the stage showing war scenes and the stage sort of rein-acted it. A lot of imagination was needed. The puppeteer was the only good thing there. The performers had quite heavy ascents and it was difficult to make out what they were saying. I spent £122 on tickets for this and I can honestly say it was the worst theatre production I've ever seen.

5  Thank 653Susan
Reviewed April 28, 2018

Had the pleasure to be in the audience for war horse. A fantastic show so moving and the actors and puppeteers out of this world. No negatives,only positives would recommend you take some handkerchiefs though. Loved it and would give it 10 stars if I could.

1  Thank olaedinburgh
Reviewed April 15, 2018 via mobile

My friends and I travelled to the Theatre Royal at Nottingham to see War Horse (on tour). We had a good view from where we sat and I had no worry about some tall person sitting in front of me as the tiers were well spaced.
Having read the book and seen the film I was excited to see the play having heard how good it was. The sets and the scenery were so cleverly done. Joey was amazing, the puppeteers brought him to life in such a way as to forget he wasn't a real horse. All the cast played their parts so well and brought to life the atrocities of The First World War, from the soldiers who bravely fought and gave their lives, not only from the German guns, but also the in the trenches, to the horses who had to pull the big guns. Throughout the play is songman Bob Fox with the moving songs sung in his exceptional voice.
Very moving and a poignant reminder of those who bravely gave their lives, human or animal.

1  Thank wilfredo5
Reviewed March 14, 2018

We splurged and bought really good seats for this show (although in retrospect, no seat in the theater would really be bad), and we loved the experience. There was a kids' school group there to see the show, as well, and they were a fun and lively group but very well-behaved (one little girl was very dismayed to be sitting behind my very tall husband, but he slouched down for her and she sat on some friends' coats to rise up and everybody was happy.) Great production. I'd seen the movie so knew the story, but I think that the theater production is very special - a unique presentation and a great one to see IN LONDON. Piqued my son's interest in WWI all over again. London theater is wonderful and we felt that we picked a good show to see.

1  Thank jackmom1112
Reviewed October 29, 2017

Thank you War Horse for taking this 'Must See' show on tour, I saw it in Bristol; a truly enchanting experience.

The simplicity and honesty of the story is brought vividly to life by the excellent cast. An incredible take on real life & relationships during the horrors of WW1. This really does get to your emotions so tissues are a must. If you have the opportunity I strongly recommend that you see it, you will not be dissapointed

2  Thank Anne H