Astors Belgravia
$281
$238
Trip.com
  • Pool
Strand Palace Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
$175
$244
$166
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
The Nadler Kensington(London)(Great Value!)
$135
$113
Agoda.com
All reviewsvictoria stationvictoria coachgreat locationebury streetbuckingham palacecontinental breakfasttop floorchelsea flower showsloane squaresmall hotelyogurtno elevatorquiet streetair conditioningclub roomroom was clean and comfortablefew minutes walk
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 3, 2008

James House Hotel was located on a very quiet safe street just a few minutes walk from Victoria station. It is within easy walking distance to Buckingham Palace, Westminster Abbey, and many other attractions. The hotel owner was away during our stay, but the interim manager was very welcoming, friendly and extremely helpful. (He made phone calls to the airport to track down my missing luggage while we were out sightseeing all day.) Our room was very small, but charming. the beds were clean and comfortable. The room could use a good cleaning however, as the pipes along the wall were coated thickly with dust. and we found bits of food under the bed. Bathroom was tiny but clean. breakfast was very basic and unappealing.. just cornflakes, cruiscants in plastic wrap, tangerines, juice and coffee. though London is an expensive city, I thought the room rates were high for the accommodations, with only continental breakfast provided. There were many other hotels on this street, and I would recommend checking rates at a few others to see if you can get a better rate. The location couldn't be better.

• Stayed: April 2008
1  Thank joanne-b2
Reviewed December 10, 2007

A buddy and I traveled to London in August. On first getting to London we went to the James House and were warmly welcomed by Carlos, the new owner of the James House. He was a friendly younger gentlemen who was both informative about attractions and nightlife.

We stayed in a double room and shared a bathroom with the other guests to get that European experience (although rooms with their own bathrooms are available). There was breakfast and plenty of coffee every morning along with cnversation with other guests while we planned our days.

Thank You James House.

Owen Raleigh, North Carolina

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 1, 2007

My girlfriend and I came to London for my birthday, looking for a reasonably priced and peaceful hotel. The James house Hotel turned out to be an excellent choice. The location was very handy indeed. Our quiet and clean room was most comfortable. The manager was very friendly and helpful during our stay; giving us good tips for local restaurants and providing us with a tasty breakfast, even though we had woken up rather late! In an area with many less agreeable accommodation options, I was very pleased to have found this place and will not hesitate in returning there again.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank turkeydan
Reviewed October 28, 2007

Dear me! This is a pokey little terrace house that appears to have bestowed the title of 'hotel' upon itself; I'm confident the owners are the only people on earth who would describe this as anything other than a 2 star guest house. If you are looking for modest digs with barely enough room to swing a cat - I think this would do nicely except that it is the same price as a 4 - 5 star modern hotel in any Australian capital city. We paid GBP90 per night. The room has shower, toilet and handbasin included - literally! No separate ventilation space or room! How totally bizarre. The one window opens onto the sidewalk of quite a busy street so every pedestrian, every passing car and every conversation is like it is inside the room. The one positive is the convenient location, just a few minutes walk from Victoria square rail, bus and underground stations. The area is great - but there are lots of other accommodation options nearby.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank Bill I
Reviewed August 15, 2007

Found this hotel b&b by chance ..Great location and the staff were so friendly. Arrived on a bad weather day, tired, was looked after and felt at home. I have a new 'home' in London that is great value for money. Have recommended it and I will return in September . The area is the best kept secret in London.

Stayed: June 2007