“kids trace their history”

Jewish London Walking Tours
Ranked #32 of 742 Tours in London
More attraction details
Owner description: Join me, Stephen Burstin, for a fascinating experience that delights both Jewish and non-Jewish visitors to London as well as locals. Click on Website (in blue above here) and see the highlights of my various tours, each one informative and entertaining for all ages from my tours in the Old Jewish Quarter of London's East End which reveal the incredible story of the Jewish community to my exciting tours featuring London's famous landmarks (with Jewish connections too) such as Buckingham Palace, Tower of London, Houses of Parliament etc. There's also fabulous Hampton Court Palace and Windsor Castle. As a tour guide for 25 years, I delight in sharing my knowledge and enthusiasm for London, especially its Jewish heritage.
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Anywhere I travel with my kids I search for a jewish tour that will teach them about their history.
I found Stephen through google search and took my chances.He was fabulous!Days before the tour he took the time to explain in detail our different options for directions to his meeting place.He enthralled the kids and adults with the rich history of the synangogue and the East End, told intriguing stories of Jack the Ripper and showed the kids a soup kitchen.According to the kids- "he was very interesting"(kids tell the truth!)A truly memorable tour!

1  Thank friedaca
"wonderful guide"
in 10 reviews
"interesting stories"
in 12 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
"subject matter"
in 8 reviews
"his passion"
in 6 reviews

Reviewed August 27, 2013

A really excellent tour. Our guide Stephen was enthusiastic, very knowledgeable and answered all our questions in a very well informed way. As born Londoners it was wonderful to go back to the East End where our grandparents lived - a very emotional experience. Others in our group (first time visitors to the East End) were enthralled by Stephen's stories and knowledge. He is a most professional guide and treats each member of the group with courtesy and charm. He made us laugh and he made us cry by bringing such a rich history of this part of London to life. Stephen's personal association with the East End of London shined through.

1  Thank randg18
Reviewed August 26, 2013

A very enjoyable and memorable morning. I went with my fiance and my parents. From the first "stop", which was the church where my dad's birth was registered (I never knew that before), I knew it would be special. For an area with such a rich history, Stephen does very well to cherry-pick some interesting and relevant places and people.

2  Thank topperdoggle
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Excellent Tour. Highly informative and interesting. He knows the area and history intimately and his personal connections to some of the places made it even more "alive".

1  Thank jedi11