“Great day out”

Jewish London Walking Tours
Ranked #48 of 751 Tours in London
More attraction details
Owner description: Join me, Stephen Burstin, for a fascinating experience that delights both Jewish and non-Jewish visitors to London as well as locals. Click on Website (in blue above here) and see the highlights of my various tours, each one informative and entertaining for all ages from my tours in the Old Jewish Quarter of London's East End which reveal the incredible story of the Jewish community to my exciting tours featuring London's famous landmarks (with Jewish connections too) such as Buckingham Palace, Tower of London, Houses of Parliament etc. There's also fabulous Hampton Court Palace and Windsor Castle. As a tour guide for 25 years, I delight in sharing my knowledge and enthusiasm for London, especially its Jewish heritage.
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Neither myself nor my wife are Jewish but we booked a tour through the East End of London at the behest of some German relatives who were visiting us and who have always taken an active interest in the religion.

The tour was a delight from start to finish with many different places and interesting stories.

Our guide Stephen was very professional and a very likeable guy. The manner in which he described the history of the area really made everything come alive and in particular we loved the trip to the Synagoge.

We can't wait to come back for another tour.

Thank you Stephen!

"come alive"
in 13 reviews
"wonderful guide"
in 10 reviews
"highly recommend the tour"
in 7 reviews
"interesting stories"
in 12 reviews
"jews"
in 55 reviews
"aldgate"
"spitalfields"

Reviewed January 10, 2013

Steve's knowledge and easy manner made this tour the highlight of my time in London.
I highly recommend him and his tour.
my next time in London I will definitely take another tour with him.

1  Thank Francine E S
Reviewed January 7, 2013

We enjoyed this tour very much, it was very informative and our guide Stephen Burstin held our attention throughout. Even though we are Londoners we found this tour showed us aspects of London not usually experienced and would highly recommend it.
K Murray.

1  Thank Kevin M
Reviewed January 4, 2013

We booked our Jewish London Walking Tour in advance of our arrival to the UK. Stephen Burstin, the proprietor, was helpful in planning and perfectly reliable with respect to our arrangement. He met us, as confirmed, on time and then took us on what amounted to a nearly three hour long tour. Two adults and two children (15 and 10) and we all managed to find some (many) things of interest. We enjoyed our tour and our time with Stephen. I recommend this opportunity for anyone who has an interest in knowing about London's Jewish past (and a bit of the present as well).

1  Thank RLRH
See more reviews
Reviewed January 1, 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed our walking tour of Jewish London, specifically Spitalfields and Aldgate. Stephen brought the sights we saw to life, through his descriptions and also through the various articles, pictures, and publications he had with him. We covered alot of territory and really got a feel of what Jewish life was like. Stephen is extremely personable and easy to ask questions of. We wouldn't hesitate to take another tour with him. It was one of the highlights of our trip.

1  Thank Jennifer L