“Good quality, food, understated service”
Review of Assaha Lebanese Restuarant - CLOSED

Assaha Lebanese Restuarant
Cuisines: Lebanese
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 18, 2013

Dropped in here unplanned on a recent business trip to London. Head waiter very friendly and unassuming (as per the style / cultural background of the restaurant). I took the waiter's recommended mixed grill which was very tasty. Had a simple dessert of baklava and nutty, minty 'special' followed by traditional mint tea. The place looked spotless and the theme of Middle Eastern - cave-castle-cafe was great.

The only slight negative was the price - but I guess that is mainly down to the area where it is. I would recommend a visit if in the area.

1  Thank Marc E

Reviewed May 6, 2013

Visited twice this restaurant . Lebanese cuisine. I am vegetarian and I orded Okra mixed steamed vegetables in a tomatoe sauce, grilled halloumi cheese . mousaka don't think of the greek one.and I accompanied it with mint tea.
Price £ 12.85 once and the second time a little more because i orded a Assaha salad.

1  Thank Maddalena1958
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Looking for somewhere to eat close to my hotel on a wet night, I came across a little piece of the Lebanon on Craven Road in London W2. Wonderfully decorated in traditional style, this cosy restaurant serves ethnically diverse, interesting and authentic Lebanese foods. The welcome absence of Alcohol was more than compensated for by the wide range of fruit and vegetable juices and I heartily recommend the Assaha cocktail!
Friendly staff, reasonable prices and the excellent food combined to make this a lovely experience and I'll certainly be back there again.

Reviewed February 2, 2013

I am a regular visitor to this wonderful place, both to eat in and take away. I have ALWAYS found the staff pleasant, kind, and accommodating. For example, they managed to fit me in despite having two functions going, one of which was a major high profile ambassador who was entertaining.

The food has always been to a very high standard - even when not 100%, I have only been able compared the dish to its predecessors when it comes to quality.

I am a little worried that some people have written negative reviews about this truly unique restaurant when they mean to write for another nearby venue. I have introduced many to this restaurant and all I know have enjoyed the food, atmosphere, and felt thu got more than they paid for.

I have a family member that has been to one of the overseas restaurants who I know would only confirm and support my praise of the freshness, quality, and enjoyment of the food.

Reviewed January 29, 2013

We have been regulars at Assaha for the last three years. The food has been spectacular! The decor unusual and very inviting. We recommended it to a number of friends who also made it a favorite. Then late last year we noticed a subtle change... the owners were no longer present, food became more uneven, service, which was never outstanding, dropped a bit. Then this month, while in London, we made our required and obligatory visit with a group of friends. The menu has changed, prices are up and many of our favorites are gone. The most troublesome issue is that the food is just ordinary and the service is barely OK. It aws also rather empty for a Saturday night. The decor is still there...but something has changed.
Not worth the trip out of your way anymore.