“Amazing design! Authentic lebanese.”
Review of Assaha Lebanese Restuarant - CLOSED

Assaha Lebanese Restuarant
Cuisines: Lebanese
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed December 24, 2012

First off, the architectual and interior design of this restaurant is outstanding! It is unlike any other restaurant I have visited in London with its stone carved walls built to replicate an authentic lebanese villiage which has a unique, rustic feel. However to have a full appreciation of the design, you need to be seated in the downstairs section of the restaurant which they sometimes keep closed. The starters and salads are always freshly made and great tasting. Although I've eaten here a few times and the food has mostly been great, I should mention that the last time I visited the chicken was slightly over cooked. They had also, at that time, removed the shawarma from the menu which is a shame because it was delicious. The restaurant can be too quiet at times depending on what day and time you go. I would say that if the restaurant can return to the high level of quality and service it started at, it could be one of the top lebanese restaurants in london. The decor alone is certainly worth a visit!

Reviewed December 13, 2012

I visited this restaurant last night .
It was the most hostile unfriendly place I have been for dinner in my life.
The waiters were unwelcoming the place was far too bright and not even any background music.
I ordered my food a soft drink a starter and a main coarse , waited 25 minutes all the time feeling very uncomfortable as well as my companion so we decided to terminate the meal , however i had drunk the water so felt only fair I should pay for that.
I called the waiter and explained that the service was dreadful and the whole ambiance of the place very dull and to bring me the bill for the water.
After 10 minutes of him going from colleague to colleague he went away and bought the complete meal out ( both starter and main coarse ) I explained once again i was not prepared to sit in a place I felt uncomfortable in with rude unwelcoming waiters.
He eventually took the food away and presented me with the £2.50 bill for the bottle of water we had drank.
I presented him with a £10.00 note and then had to wait for another 10 minutes for the change , eventually resulting me getting up and going to the cashier and telling them the change required was £7.50.
I asked if the manager was available and unsurprisingly he was not .
I will never recommend anyone to eat here .
It is built up as the best Lebanese food in London with the best service .. however it was clearly the worst service with the worst ambiance and not a place I would waste money on.

1  Thank Tony S
Reviewed December 12, 2012 via mobile

Average restaurant, average food average service & atmosphere.
It seems like the other people who wrote reviews went to a different restaurant!
Really nothing special here, pretty much a restaurant for tourists.

Reviewed November 15, 2012

We were in this restaurant twice.The food is absolutely fantastic.The staff very kind and even the owner is a great guy.We really recomend this restaurant in London where you can eat very well for reasonably prices!

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Fast and friendly service and excellent falafel and hummus. Quiet, yet atmospheric. I'd recommend eating here, especially for vegetarians.