“Difference in Burger”

Gourmet Burger Kitchen
Ranked #2,461 of 23,995 Restaurants in London
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: South Kensington
Description: Serving up gourmet burgers in the UK since 2001. Offering a variety of delicious burgers, homemade sauces and seriously good milkshakes.
Reviewed June 12, 2013

I first had their burger last year when I was visiting London and my friends took me there.

This time when I was traveling to London with family, I made a point to go to this place. Though I felt that it wasn't as great as I remembered from my first experience, but on the whole, my family really enjoyed their burgers and my kids loved their shake and kept asking to go back just for the chocolate shake.

Additionally, for first time visitors. Their chicken is halal and cooked in a halal way as well. I think this is true for their fried chicken. Lamb is also halal though cooking method may not be halal. This is based on my research from their website and I guess another website that shares halal restaurants.

On the whole, it's a must to visit once!!!! ...

Price is the same as an average restaurant in London. I would specially recommend their thick fries and shakes.....

Reviewed June 6, 2013

We dropped in for a burger on our way to a concert - we've been looking for a simple but good quality burger place for ages, and this is it. This place is just great.

They have a good range of choices for your burger, including buffalo and wild boar for the more adventurous! The burgers are cooked to order and you can modify your burger to suit yourself - the staff are happy to be flexible where that is concerned.

There isn't a waiter service, so you go the counter and make your order and they bring it to your table when it's ready. The staff were friendly and efficient. We got monkey nuts to nibble on while we waited for our food to arrive. There wasn't a long wait though, our burgers arrived in 5-10 minutes, and they were delicious. Cooked to perfection, very moist and tender - just fantastic.

If - like me - you find most restaurant burgers are just too big these days, they do have a smaller size for those of us who don't want to eat half a cow between the buns. We had the skinny fries, which are really skinny - about 2mm thick - but tasty and hot. Will probably try the chunkier ones next time.

They also serve proper glass bottled Coke, for those of you who hate the fountain stuff.

Simple food cooked very well by a great staff - that's pretty much all we want from a restaurant.

We can't say enough good things about this place, and we will definitely be returning next time we are in the area.

Wish we had a local GBK!

Reviewed June 3, 2013

Loved the lamb burger, and they were very happy to substitute the feta cheese. My mum is a vegetarian, but loved the choice of a no bun Falafel, comes with salad and houmous, left her full and happy. Service was great, friendly and helpful. Great find in Baker Street.
We loved the complimentary water jugs all with a wedge of lime and lemon.

Reviewed June 3, 2013 via mobile

Fantastic burgers cooked to order with quick service. I had "The Don" cooked medium rare plus a malt Oreo milkshake and was blown away. Also really enjoyed the onion rings with basil mayonnaise dip on the side.

Reviewed June 1, 2013

We walked in without a reservation and luckily someone was leaving as we arrived.
We had never eaten in a GBK before and really enjoyed the experience. The staff were really helpful and friendly as we had 4 children with us ranging from 14months- 12 years!
Food was good, service even better.
Thanks