“Terrible keyboard player”
Review of Azerbaijan - CLOSED

Azerbaijan
Cuisines: Turkish, Persian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Javan Restaurant is a Persian cuisine restaurant in a great location in King Street, West London. We serve top quality meals. This restaurant established with the aim of familiarising people within this area with Persian Cuisine. We recently changed the management, name, quality of food our staff and especially our head chef. Our head chef is one of the best chefs in Iranian communities with many years experience in working for top Persian restaurants in London. We now do food delivery to your home. We serve the best quality foods. We use finest baby lamb fillets, poussins, chickens and ingredients. Unlike previous management, there is no service charge included anymore and gratuity is at your discretion. Come visit us, call us, experience and enjoy the best Persian cuisine in West London.
Reviewed May 28, 2014

We booked a table for my friends birthday party for downstairs. The food and service was ok but the keyboard player was
awful.The old guy was playing out of tune and didn't have a clue about music.My wife is iranian and I really enjoy persian music but,I think they must get a new keyboard player. Someone who can understand proper persian melody.All my iranian friends left the restaurant earlier.what a shame.

3  Thank david d

Reviewed May 26, 2014

Three of us came to this restaurant in Hammersmith last night. We received a friendly greeting, seated and given our menus, and asked for our drinks orders. Items on the menu were exp!aimed and we ended up with a starter of breads with mixed dips - absolutely delicious. A salad is put on the table (free of charge) to go with the started. For main course we had one stew,one chicken dish and one lamb dish. They came with rice but we chose to have the rice with fruits of the garden instead. We shared the food between the three of us. We did not want a desert but I had a fresh mint tea to finish with. The owner came over for a chat before we left. A very good evening, reasonably priced and good atmosphere. Will certainly be back and would recommend.

My son has also had a take away from them. Just as good.

Do go and try it out.

Reviewed May 14, 2014

Had a nice shared meal for 4 last week. Really tasty food and great staff. Would recommend if you are in hammersmith and want to try something new.

Reviewed April 5, 2014

Had a great meal here and really recommend it. Managers and staff were friendly and attentive, food was really good (best Persian food in the area!) and all at a great price.

1  Thank TheMcWoods
Reviewed April 1, 2014

I tried this restaurant with some friends recently. None of us had any experience with traditional food from Azerbaijan, so we weren't sure what to order. The staff was very accomodating and gave us some good reccomendations. We started with a variety plate of dips with bread - all were quite good, but were I to go again, I would skip everything and just get a large helping of hummous - it was great!

At the waiter's recommednation, we did a family-style platter of various grilled meats for the main. The various lamb dishes were all tasty, and the chicken was good if not spectacular. The saffron rice was very well put together, and one of my friends tried the rice with dill - he enjoyed it very much.

As a bonus, the saffron ice cream was a treat, and they also had a decent selection of wines (we ended up going with a Georgian wine - they had many that weren't on the menu, so if you know anything about wine, ask and see if they have your favorite)

1  Thank Jon C