“An almost hidden gem”

Add it.
Marsh Ruby
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed January 8, 2013

I went to Ruby Marsh recently after a friend recommended it to me, she had raved about it for a while so I thought I'd better sample the delights here whilst in the neighbourhood. Well having now experienced Ruby Marsh I can only say that the food, staff, service and ambience more than exceeded my expectations. Coming from an Asian background myself, I was amazed at how authentic the food tasted - just like I used to have whilst growing up! I left feeling perfectly content with all that I had consumed and all the money that I'd parted with. Not that I am complaining about this but I was amazed at the low prices given the high quality of the produce used and dishes served.
I really hope Ruby Marsh thrives in 2013 and years to come as it really is these hidden, independent gems that make dining an exceptional experience in this day an age. Keep up the great work and I will be returning soon for that prawn curry!

There are newer reviews for Marsh Ruby

Reviewed October 9, 2012 via mobile

I wasn't used with Indian food before thinking that is too spicy but MarshRuby offer the best Indian food ever leaving you the choice to spice it how much you like! All the ingredients are a perfect selection of organic and free range products and the taste is amaizing! I could eat there nearly everyday!

The services are good quality and the place is very clean for take away shop. Staff very friendly! To be honest I was quite impressed to find a place which make you feel home!

Hope that will open evenings soon!

1  Thank Zalexalex
Reviewed August 23, 2012 via mobile

The food is very tasty and healthy (they use olive oil, brown rice, free range chicken etc.) and not expensive. My favourite is prawn curry with extra chilli.

1  Thank Me123me
Reviewed July 17, 2012 via mobile

Organic Indian style take away and restaurant very informal and great for lunch. Be warned the large portions are a bit of a challenge! They have about 5-6 curries that change daily including at least 2 veg options that are vegan. You can also combine 2 dishes to vary your meal.

The food itself is very nice but tastes more home made than a traditional Indian restaurant. This is no bad thing and probably down to their use of more healthy olive oil etc. drinks are generally organic too with Whole Earth drinks replacing the usual Pepsi etc.

I will be back

2  Thank Craig1976
Reviewed August 24, 2011

Great home cooked organic Indian food. Very popular lunch spot on Lower Marsh, a busy market street just behind Waterloo Station. The menu changes daily and options for take-away or eat in at the bar or in a simple but bright dining room. Vegetarian and meat options served from the counter and you are able to mix favourites :-)

Also open Thursday and Friday evenings for dinner when can take your own wine, etc.

3  Thank Cotswold1