“The Best Curry in Brick Lane”

Brick Lane Brasserie
Reserve with OpenTable
Brick Lane Brasserie is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2,711 of 22,552 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Balti, Bangladeshi
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Spitalfields
Description: Brick Lane Brasserie is situated in the heart of Brick Lane also known as the famous curry lane. With so many curry houses to choose from Bricklane often stand out because of their authentic family recipes. It is a family run business that thrives on providing their customers with the best possible service. Capacity - seating of up to 90 guest. A classic Indian cuisine based on traditional recipes. It has a great reputation amongst the Brick Lane restaurants for quality & service, weather a couple or a group dinning out. The restaurant also has a private dinning area ideal for small parties or corporate events. There are loads of offers to choose from to get the most out of your money. Lunch time offer: Set menu, 3 course - any starter, any main with rice or naan for just £8.95 OR Book your table to be seated before 7pm and get 30% off your bill. OR All day offer: First drink free (soft or alcohol) + 20% off your food bill.
London, United Kingdom
“The Best Curry in Brick Lane”
Reviewed January 14, 2014

My Friend and I have tried all the Indian restaurants in Brick Lane and the Brick Lane Brasserie is the best. The food is excellent and at a good price. The staff which is run by Joe (the Manager) make you feel welcomed and dare I say it like a member of the Family. This is the 8th time I have been to Brasserie and it will not be the last.

• Visited January 2014

“Best of everything!”
Reviewed January 12, 2014

I booked the Brick Lane Brasserie for a family party of 13 people, a little nervous as had not been there before. I need not have been worried, we were made very welcome, and we're very well looked after from the moment we walked through the door. The food was delicious, we were not hurried, even though there were people waiting for tables. The staff were very helpful when we were ordering, and at no time tried to over sell extra dishes. We got a very generous discount, and felt the prices were very reasonable. I would definitely recommend this to all my friends.

• Visited January 2014
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Super Indian night out”
Reviewed January 6, 2014 via mobile

Third time we have visited and gets better each time. Five minute walk to Brick lane from Aldgate East and very easy to find. Not the biggest restaurant but all seats taken throughout our meal created a nice friendly atmosphere. We sat downstairs on a table set for eight and had a lovely meal. Service was superb and a free drink is always a good start. Think I heard them offering two free drinks to some couples so make sure you ask. Service was really good and we were looked after by Joe who was very knowledgeable about the dishes and looked after our group superbly

Visited January 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Food ok BUT very expensive and Rude Staff”
Reviewed January 2, 2014

Food was just about OK but the service was rude and over whelming. Dishes were very expensive for a Brick Lane curry House. Even with the massive discount we obtained from the touter we still paid more than usual.

• Visited December 2013
“Good food, poor service”
Reviewed December 30, 2013 via mobile

Being from Birmingham and somewhat a curry connoisseur, we thought we would try a curry from the famous Brick Lane. With the fantastic sign outside winning the best curry house on Brick Lane 2013 was very enticing. I think that is a lie. As stated above the food was nice, mine a little too spicy than I am used to, but my partner's was to his liking, the starters were beautiful.
Back in Brum and any other curry house we have ever been to, poppadoms come complimentary as you read the menu, not here. We didn't have any, the fact you pay for them and you fill up on them, made us just want the food.
The service, well, where to start. It was around half 10 when we arrived and the noise in there was deafening. I had to shout to my boyfriend to be heard. Obviously, the customers loudness is not the fault of the restaurant, but them turning the Indian music up to full to drown the talking out was. I had to ask them to turn it down. They did do this, but I was made to feel I had done something wrong by asking for this to happen.
We ate our food, only a starter and main. As soon as they had taken the plates away, there was the bill, without even asking for it. Sorry, did I not want another drink or a look at the dessert menu? We went to complain for the rudeness, the waiter informed us he was the manager, clearly he wasn't, the real manager came to see what the fuss was about. He informed us that the licencing is now strick and done by 12, please have a complimentary shot as an apology. We did, but can't help but think it left a bitter taste, esp that it was only 11.30. We were ushered out quickly and will not be visiting here again.