“London - A weekend of shows, shopping, and football.”
Review of London Detours

London Detours
Ranked #170 of 723 Tours in London
More attraction details
Owner description: We take great pride in showcasing the creative side of London with our amazing walking tours. Discover the History, Street Art and Community through the streets of the Capital. Come join the adventure and explore.
Reviewed May 21, 2013

Dragged my wife to London for the FA Cup Final. With the 'give and take' of married life I had to commit to escort her to the Westfield Shopping Mall. When we got to London we discovered there are two. We decided to head for the one by the Shepherd's Bush tube (that's underground to you) station. Easy cheap travel from central London to the Mall. Huge, endless stores, so-so restaurants for lunch.
Good restaurants and lots of variety are to be had by strolling along Charlotte Street browsing the menus and window gazing to assess the quality of the premises.
When in London we always do the Picaddily, Regent Street, Oxford Street and Bond Street stroll. It's always a plesant and tiring mixture of window shopping and the occasional raid into a store that stocks items we can't get at home. This time Diagonal on Regent Street was the winner.

Go to Leicester Square for half price theatre tickets. We booked for 'Burn the Floor'. Excellent dance show worthy of the West End. We also saw 'Thriller.' Michael Jackson music but poor presentation. More cruiseship standard than West End.
Then off to Wembley for the FA Cup Final between Manchester City and Wigan. Rare experience. Lots of noise and atmosphere. Day ruined by the failure of my team, Manchester City, to lift the cup.

All in all a great way to spend a weekend.

Reviewed May 15, 2013

Great tour - and great guide who genuinely seems to love the subject and London. Time flew by and was a bit sad when tour finished as could have looked around all day. Would recommend even if you don't think street art is your thing - I think by the end of the tour you'll find that it is!!! And if not you'll get to see some of the best parts of London !

1  Thank OoopsdidIdothat
Reviewed May 11, 2013

Joseph was a great guide of the city of London. My husband and I didn't really know anything about London and Joseph explained the history and other fun "factoids" about the city. He gave us plenty of chances to ask questions and make it more about us then the tour. Our favorite part was drinking at the pub and getting to talk about the differences in our culture and those of people in London. It was neat to walk the different bridges of London, through the Borough Market, and by Shakespears Globe theatre. I would highly recommend this tour to anyone who has a free mid-morning/afternoon and wants to learn about the city. When we make it back to London we will be taking another one of his tours with no doubt.

2  Thank AliciaLLynch
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Me and my sister went on this tour and it exceeded all of our expectations, 4 hours flew by as we were having so much fun looking at the amazing art, finding out so much information behind it and taking amazing photos! Joe was a wonderful guide, so knowledgable! It was such a relaxed atmosphere and I am defintely going to sign up for the other tours too.

Reviewed May 8, 2013

I did the Street Art tour around East London led by Joseph Morris. WOW! I really really enjoyed it, and it's definitely made me open my eyes a lot more when walking about. It's a whole culture I wasn't aware of. Joe has so much enthusiasm for his work which is refreshing to see. I highly recommend this tour and look forward to going on his other ones.