“Great way to see London”
Review of London Detours

London Detours
Ranked #37 of 752 Tours in London
More attraction details
Owner description: We take great pride in showcasing the creative side of London with our amazing walking tours. Discover the History, Street Art and Community through the streets of the Capital. Come join the adventure and explore.
Reviewed October 22, 2012 via mobile

Cant say enough great things about Joe and his enthusiasm for London. We did both the west end tour an the east end tour. Joe was informative, entertaining and a genuine guy. The east end street art tour was wonderful for our teenage son. He enjoyed it immensely. Thanks again Joe for everything!!

All reviews
in 5 reviews
in 13 reviews
in 8 reviews

Reviewed October 15, 2012

Let me begin by saying that I created this tripadvisor account just so that I could give praise to this company and especially to the impressive young man who runs it, Joe. This is my very first review ever.

I will not rehash all of what has already been said as I concur with it all. But rather would like to emphasize on the integrity and professionalism of the company. This was a first visit to London for both my wife and I. And we had high expectations based on the reviews in this post. They were not only met but surpassed. What really makes this company different we think, is the people approach. Joe loves his city yes but even more so, he loves people. He is genuine and caring and has the skills and know-how to make the experience worth the while for his clients. The five hours we spent with him flew by so quickly. We had a great introduction to the City of Westminster (along with funny anecdotes, except for the one about the dead beattle!!) and a real pleasure to have such a nice young man show us his wonderful city.

Reviewed October 15, 2012

I went on the Westminster tour with Joe and had a fantastic time. We not only got to see the famous attractions but interesting hidden alleyways, art, etc. Joe is very well informed and had a story to tell about everything. There was never a dull moment and time flew by. He's FUNNY, friendly, full of energy and passionate about what he does. London's a great place to visit and I can't wait to see it again. I'll probably sign up for another one of Joe's tours next time.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

Having been on so many boring tours inside jam-packed buses with loud tourists where guides looked like they wished they were somewhere else, I decided to try something different and booked two walking tours with Joe from London Detours. What can I say? The five-star reviews on Tripadvisor are all spot on. From the minute we've met, it was clear that this is not just a job for Joe, it's his passion, and this what makes his tours so special. He really knows the history of the city, yet he doesn't overwhelm you with too many details or mundane information. He puts his own spin on the stories and engages his audience, thus you don't feel like you are being lectured, but rather having a conversation with an old friend. Also, I'd like to mention Joe's personality - warm, kind, and caring, with a great sense of humor. Therefore, I would advise skipping hop-on, hop-offs and river cruises and go with London Detours instead. Not only you will learn a lot, you will actually enjoy yourself.

See more reviews
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Had a great day with London Detours. Even though we had been to London many times before we learnt so much about London on the Westminster Tour. It took five hours (1/2 hour more than planned) but time just flew by and we had a great time. Joe was enthusiastic and a great guide. Will recommend this tour to anyone going to London. If you are reading this, do not miss a tour with London Detours! It is money well spent!