“Amazing place to stay with family”

51 Kensington Court Limited
Ranked #704 of 1,064 Hotels in London
Chevy Chase, Maryland
“Amazing place to stay with family”
Reviewed August 10, 2013

My family of four stayed at this lovely place for a week in June and I can tell you it’s incredibly convenient. Our superior 2 bedroom 2 bathroom unit was very comfortable and amazingly quiet. Every morning we grabbed coffee from the Starbuck’s just 30 seconds around the corner and breakfast from the Whole Foods that which is less than a 5 minute walk on the way to the South Kensington High Street underground stop. We rarely saw the staff since we were out before they came in and still out when they left for the day. But they responded to every single one of our emails promptly. There has been much said about the convenience of the location and every bit is true. There has been much said about the incredible responsiveness and helpfulness of the staff and every bit is true. They followed up on our questions clearly care about their guests. We had a problem when we checked in with one of the bathrooms and it was out of commission for several days. Management was wonderfully helpful and credited us for the loss of bathroom in what I considered a very fair reimbursement. The kitchen is typically small for a place in the city but very manageable. The bathrooms were a good size given the location and the sitting room fit 12 people when we had guests. The main bedroom was downright huge given London standards and the second bedroom is what you have to expect for the city. To expect bigger is to expect to pay much more. There is a lift though very small. We chose to use the stairs. We had purchased the wrong voltage converters and staff provided 4 converters for us for the week. Wifi worked perfectly and we were on the 3rd floor (imagine 6 devices using wifi at the same time – no problems). Finally, my sisters families stayed in two different places and they complained about so many problems. They chose to come over to our place at the end of the day because it was so comfortable.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Nancy K
51KensingtonCt, Manager at 51 Kensington Court Limited, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Dear Nancy K

Thank you for the fabulous review for your 3 night stay with us. I am pleased to know you were overall happy with your entire stay at the hotel and in particular the service by the team. I sincerely hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back soon and thank you for sharing your positive experience.

Your sincerely

Aga Marekmana

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
  • Arabic first
Nowhere, Oklahoma, United States
Reviewed August 9, 2013

The location is perfect: by a tube station, and near the Museums.
The room is very silent, facing an almost traffic free road.
The superior studio has a small kitchen (without a window, with a tiny fan) and the ring hob was not working the proper way.
The bath was not perfectly clean at our arrival (toilet bowl dirty).
We had to ask lovely Dahlia at the reception to make the TV set work!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank SiRi C
Dear SiRi C

Thank you for taking out time to review 51 Kensington Court Serviced Apartments. I would like to thank you for appreciating the perfect location of the 51KC Apartments and the quietness of the Superior Studio. I am particularly pleased that you enjoyed the service provided by Daria. I will recognise her for her efforts.
The Electrician has checked the ring hobs and he has confirmed that they are in good working condition.
Please accept my apologies for the bath and toilet not being perfectly clean on your arrival. However I am confident that the staff would have definitely taken immediate measures to solve this problem on being notified.
Your comments are valuable to us and we are always working hard improve our services. I hope that these issues will not deter you from returning and that we have the opportunity of welcoming you back in the near future.
Your sincerely

Aga Marek
sydney
Reviewed June 1, 2013

We stayed nine nights with a child-two bedroom apartment-great views, great position, really helpful staff, relaxed atmosphere, we loved it. Have to say it's the best London apartment/hotel I've stayed in over the years-hope to get back there sometime soon.

Room Tip: The apartments with balconies opposite the gardens are lovely.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Meredith B
51KensingtonCt, Manager at 51 Kensington Court Limited, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback you experienced here.
I am also pleased to hear that you enjoyed our service and facilities.

I do hope you have wonderful memories with us and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Yours sincerly
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed May 22, 2013

Had a great stay here. The location is really handy with a good range of shops and restaurants within walking distance and a tube station 5 minutes walk away. There are nice walks from here through the park too.

The kitchen was well equipped if you prefer to eat in.

The staff on duty during our stay were really friendly and helpful. We would certainly stay there again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Edie B
Dear Guest

Thank you for sharing your experience with us and I am pleased to hear that you were satisfied with our service during your stay.
Again, I much appreciated on your precious comment and looking forward to welcoming you
back in the future.

Yours sincerely
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 15, 2012

I have stayed at this property quite regularly over the last eight years. I always find the staff most helpful and accommodating. The location is great for me as its quiet, but near Kensighton High Street and Kensignton Gardens, so shopping or a nice walk are nearby. The rooms have benefited from upgrade over the last two years. There are still some small things that could be done to improve the kitchens, but generally they are well equipt and the rooms are most comfortable. A great choice.

Room Tip: make sure you ask about pull out beds and sofas that are available
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
7 Thank SM499507
51KensingtonCt, Manager at 51 Kensington Court Limited, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
Dear Guest

We would like to thank you for taking the time to leave a review and are extremely pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay at 51 Kensington Court. It is always great to read that our guests are happy and satisfied!

Your comments about the kitchen are an encouragement to us in the pursuit of making even more improvements.

We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to 51 Kensington Court.

With all our very best regards
Reviewed October 6, 2012

The good things are the location and the freedom of being able to make meals, but this is not deserving of many stars. I had booked a one-bedroom, asking specifically for the one with a walk-in shower because I find climbing over a tub both dangerous and scary. To my great annoyance, I arrived to find I was "upgraded" to a two-bedroom that not only had the tub issues, but was on the third floor. It's also was not the elegant apartment I booked - no charm here at all. I pity anyone who books for two bedrooms. the second had the smallest single beds, close together, that I have seen. A very small child might by comfortable . . . I had no recourse, evidently, for this " upgrade"' which I was told worked out better for THEIR booking schedule. Offensive!

The promised wifi is a joke. As far as I could tell, it does not work above the ground floor. The weekend of my visit, the telephones were inoperable to call out -- which is what most tourists need a hotel phone for! I was glad I had bought a throw-away mobile.

I got the feeling that the staff is trained to be "nice" but really could not care less and are focused on something other than the client.

Don't expect luxury -- it is not that at all.

IF YOU BOOK -- insist that you will be given the room you booked! Be sure you have your own phone and plan on buying access to BT wifi. Frankly, you can do better, as I often have in London "service apartments."

Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
6 Thank Matty D
Dear Guest

We would like to thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We take all feedback seriously, and sincerely regret that we did not meet your expectations.

I do apologise for the incident with the booking and I am truly sorry you did not get the room you were expected. We were under the impression we had resolved this issue to your satisfaction at the time it was brought to our attention. I am sorry if this is not the case. I do understand how you feel, but should you decide to give us another chance may I recommend you to visit one of those room which should better match your expectations.

We sincerely regret the phone and internet failure over the weekend. We have contacted the engineer immediately after we learnt about the problem and the issue was resolved eventually.

We are proud of our team which has been working with us for many years providing excellent customer service.

Once again thank you for the review and for being our guest.

Yours sincerely
Grafton, Australia
Reviewed July 30, 2012

This is our 3rd visit , the location remains excellent ,and the staff friendly .
We stayed in apartment 4 , a neat studio flat on the ground floor with a nice bay window onto the street. The bathroom is good, the kitchen is frustrating , there is no exhaust fan so the flat tends to smell of last nights cooking.The utensils showing wear and tear
i was irritated by the "Olympic Tariff " , it increased from 230 pounds to 330 pounds per night ,
incidentally we left 6 days before the opening ceremony and paid the extra rate from 16-22 july

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank NigelBacon
51KensingtonCt, Owner at 51 Kensington Court Limited, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Dear Mr Bacon

Thank you for posting your review. We welcome all constructive criticism, as it helps us improve.

We are sorry that you felt irritated by our Olympic Tariff. We check our prices on a regular basis to ensure we are offering our guests competitive rates. Our prices vary subject to supply and demand and, even though we have had high demand for our apartments over the Olympic period, we have still ensured our rates have been very much in-line with what our competitors in the local area have been charging for this same period.

Regarding your feedback on the kitchen, clearly we were not performing to our usual standards. We have reviewed your feedback in detail with our housekeepers and I can assure you we have followed up on the points you have raised. 51 Kensington Court prides itself on the quality of the apartments and service that we offer.

It is very important to us that our guests feel very much at home here and I look at any issues raised by our guests with the highest priority. We do hope we may have the opportunity to welcome you back to 51 Kensington Court again in the future. Please get in contact with myself when you are next looking to stay in London. Thank you.