“51 Kensington Court”

Ranked #718 of 1,063 Hotels in London
Hong Kong, China
“51 Kensington Court”
Reviewed May 22, 2013

Had a great stay here. The location is really handy with a good range of shops and restaurants within walking distance and a tube station 5 minutes walk away. There are nice walks from here through the park too.

The kitchen was well equipped if you prefer to eat in.

The staff on duty during our stay were really friendly and helpful. We would certainly stay there again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Edie B
51KensingtonCt, Manager at 51 Kensington Court Limited, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for sharing your experience with us and I am pleased to hear that you were satisfied with our service during your stay.
Again, I much appreciated on your precious comment and looking forward to welcoming you
back in the future.

Yours sincerely

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
  • Arabic first
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 15, 2012

I have stayed at this property quite regularly over the last eight years. I always find the staff most helpful and accommodating. The location is great for me as its quiet, but near Kensighton High Street and Kensignton Gardens, so shopping or a nice walk are nearby. The rooms have benefited from upgrade over the last two years. There are still some small things that could be done to improve the kitchens, but generally they are well equipt and the rooms are most comfortable. A great choice.

Room Tip: make sure you ask about pull out beds and sofas that are available
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
7 Thank SM499507
51KensingtonCt, Manager at 51 Kensington Court Limited, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
Dear Guest

We would like to thank you for taking the time to leave a review and are extremely pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay at 51 Kensington Court. It is always great to read that our guests are happy and satisfied!

Your comments about the kitchen are an encouragement to us in the pursuit of making even more improvements.

We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to 51 Kensington Court.

With all our very best regards
Reviewed October 6, 2012

The good things are the location and the freedom of being able to make meals, but this is not deserving of many stars. I had booked a one-bedroom, asking specifically for the one with a walk-in shower because I find climbing over a tub both dangerous and scary. To my great annoyance, I arrived to find I was "upgraded" to a two-bedroom that not only had the tub issues, but was on the third floor. It's also was not the elegant apartment I booked - no charm here at all. I pity anyone who books for two bedrooms. the second had the smallest single beds, close together, that I have seen. A very small child might by comfortable . . . I had no recourse, evidently, for this " upgrade"' which I was told worked out better for THEIR booking schedule. Offensive!

The promised wifi is a joke. As far as I could tell, it does not work above the ground floor. The weekend of my visit, the telephones were inoperable to call out -- which is what most tourists need a hotel phone for! I was glad I had bought a throw-away mobile.

I got the feeling that the staff is trained to be "nice" but really could not care less and are focused on something other than the client.

Don't expect luxury -- it is not that at all.

IF YOU BOOK -- insist that you will be given the room you booked! Be sure you have your own phone and plan on buying access to BT wifi. Frankly, you can do better, as I often have in London "service apartments."

Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
6 Thank Matty D
Dear Guest

We would like to thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We take all feedback seriously, and sincerely regret that we did not meet your expectations.

I do apologise for the incident with the booking and I am truly sorry you did not get the room you were expected. We were under the impression we had resolved this issue to your satisfaction at the time it was brought to our attention. I am sorry if this is not the case. I do understand how you feel, but should you decide to give us another chance may I recommend you to visit one of those room which should better match your expectations.

We sincerely regret the phone and internet failure over the weekend. We have contacted the engineer immediately after we learnt about the problem and the issue was resolved eventually.

We are proud of our team which has been working with us for many years providing excellent customer service.

Once again thank you for the review and for being our guest.

Yours sincerely
Grafton, Australia
Reviewed July 30, 2012

This is our 3rd visit , the location remains excellent ,and the staff friendly .
We stayed in apartment 4 , a neat studio flat on the ground floor with a nice bay window onto the street. The bathroom is good, the kitchen is frustrating , there is no exhaust fan so the flat tends to smell of last nights cooking.The utensils showing wear and tear
i was irritated by the "Olympic Tariff " , it increased from 230 pounds to 330 pounds per night ,
incidentally we left 6 days before the opening ceremony and paid the extra rate from 16-22 july

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank NigelBacon
51KensingtonCt, Owner at 51 Kensington Court Limited, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Dear Mr Bacon

Thank you for posting your review. We welcome all constructive criticism, as it helps us improve.

We are sorry that you felt irritated by our Olympic Tariff. We check our prices on a regular basis to ensure we are offering our guests competitive rates. Our prices vary subject to supply and demand and, even though we have had high demand for our apartments over the Olympic period, we have still ensured our rates have been very much in-line with what our competitors in the local area have been charging for this same period.

Regarding your feedback on the kitchen, clearly we were not performing to our usual standards. We have reviewed your feedback in detail with our housekeepers and I can assure you we have followed up on the points you have raised. 51 Kensington Court prides itself on the quality of the apartments and service that we offer.

It is very important to us that our guests feel very much at home here and I look at any issues raised by our guests with the highest priority. We do hope we may have the opportunity to welcome you back to 51 Kensington Court again in the future. Please get in contact with myself when you are next looking to stay in London. Thank you.
Chicago
Reviewed July 6, 2012

I've stayed at 51 Kensington Court a number of times and each stay has been excellent. The staff is very friendly and the location cannot be matched - short walk from High Street Kensington and Hyde Park.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
5 Thank aak777
Doha, Qatar
Reviewed July 6, 2012

The facilities are great- the kitchen has everything you could need for a short stay, and it's a great location (just a min off Kensington High Street and whole foods). The bathrooms are clean and seemed refurbished recently. The staff was very friendly and we had a great holiday staying here- would recommend it to anyone!!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank Smalik1982
London
Reviewed July 2, 2012

I booked 51 Kensington Court for my sister her husband and two young children. They stayed for 4 nights and had a very large apartment - more than enough space for them to relax and for the kids to play. The location was ideal - moments from Kensington High Street and Hyde Park and a shorgt walk from from the main museums (Science Museum, Natural History Museum and the V&A (also very close to Knightsbridge for Harrods and Harvey Nicolls - excellent shopping).

Having an apartment instead of a hotel was ideal - the ability to have breakfast at your own conveninece and use the local restaurants was far more homely than staying in a hotel. The staff could not have been friendlier and the place was really fantastic - when the kids got back to Dublin they had to write an essay for school and the main thing they talked about was staying in a fantastic luxury aprtment called 51 Kensington Court.

I could not rate this palce highly enough.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family