“Great value !!!!!”

Grange City Hotel
Ranked #340 of 1,088 Hotels in London
“Great value !!!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

We have recently stayed at the city grange on a 2 night mini break. I have to say I was more then plesently surprised as this was a late deal secret hotel off last muinite.com ... It was described as a 5 star london spa hotel in a iconic location and I would agree that it is , when we arrived check in was smooth and we had been upgraded to a executive suite wich was fab !! For the price we paid wich was £198 for 2 nights in a London hotel very good ,, the room was clean and tidy and a great size . We made use of the spa and swimming pool jacuzzi sauna steam room all included in the package price .. We also treated ourselfs to a 45 muinite massage each wich was wonderfull . The only negative thing I can say is we orderd room service wich was not good desert still frozen !!! Not condiments to accompany the main course . We did make a small complaint regarding this and we were allocated 2 continental breakfasts as way of a apology wich were not included in our package so we were pleased with the result . I would definitely stay st this hotel again it's location for the Tower of London the shard ,,,,, is great and there is tower tube station literally 2 seconds away wich is great .. But beware when we stayed the district and circle lines were not working so we had to walk to bank wich is about a 20 min walk but besides that fab stay :-) ps if your looking for a good west end show go see jersey boys fabulous show x

• Stayed February 2013
2 Thank lorna b

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (585)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

Good spot for inner city hotel and especially if you're working in the city area. Could also suit holiday makers - obviously near the tower, a short walk to St Pauls cathedral, plenty of bars and restaurants around St Catherines dock, Leadenhall market and Bank, and a few shops to boot.
Had a good room with a few towards the tower. However....... When I first arrived very early in the morning, awoke to discover a projector screen in the ceiling above the bed (!), a wall for a view and a thin, partition wall between me and my loud neighbor. Wasnt impressed, but following a chat with reception, they kindly moved me to the another part of the hotel which was much better. As I was there for a week, this was dealt with smoothly and was no trouble, which was pleasing. Would stay again for convenience and a good change from the other side of town.

Room Tip: Avoid floor 1!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
England
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013

We were lured back to this hotel by it's decent weekend rates, what a mistake! The reception area is dirty and dilapidated. The staff are cold and unhelpful. The room (a standard room) was a fair size but the bathroom was grungy. We had the special New Year's Eve dinner in the restaurant which was depressing and almost inedible. Thank goodness we had other plans for the evening. The hotel's only advantage is the gym and 25m pool which unsurprisingly are maintained by another company. There are dozens of 4 star hotels in London that are more comfortable and welcoming.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
northamptonshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2013

Stayed at the Grange city hotel whilst on business in London for 3 nights. On arrival I received a warm friendly welcome and the concierge very kindly helped me with my luggage. Was upgraded on arrival to an executive room but I guess this is just the luck of the draw as my colleagues where in standard rooms. Room was tastefully put together and the bed and pillows are the most comfortable i have ever slept on, I have no complaints. The food and drink is very expensive and although the breakfast was very tasty with lots of options I cannot see how they can justify £23, however it is London so I guess you expect to pay over the top.We were all looked after very well during our stay and the staff where very helpful and pleasant, I would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel and I'm Looking at using this hotel for leisure in the future especially if the hotel has any deals

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the river, although I was upgraded my room looked out on to Fenchurch street s...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Wakefield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2013

I rate my recent visit to the Grange city on hotel on the weekend of the 8th and 9th of February very highly.
We were greeted by a friendly receptionists and after requesting a view of the tower online, we were allocated a room on the 8th floor with a superb view of the tower.
The room was as I expected with a variety of tv channels including sky sports (although I didn't have much time to watch it).
Breakfast was only a continental, so couldn't comment much on that.
I was very impressed with the gym, and it had plenty of weights and resistance machines. I found myself there on a Sunday morning around 8am, and then went into the pool, sauna and steam room. Just like the hotel and the room, it was extremely clean, and I would hazard a guess that it would put some health clubs to shame.

The main reason for staying was for a nice place to stay and a great location, and that didn't disappoint. A 30 second walk to Tower hill Tube, and the same for Fenchurch train station.
I would certainly recommend this hotel to other people.

Room Tip: A friendly request for a view of the tower on high level
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Everynamestaken1
Suffolk
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2013 via mobile

We booked this hotel under the 'mystery hotel' on last minute. For a 2 night stay for £198 we were impressed. The location is very good either for tower hill tube or the fact it's only 15 min walk from Liverpool street. We asked for a cheeky upgrade and for one (thank you very much). Thou our room overlooked fenchurch station tracks we weren't worried. Bed was very comfortable slept really well which is unusual for me when not in my own bed. Staff were very helpful and stored bags. Overall very impressed and would stay again.

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank Charls29
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2013

I recently completed a week -long stay at the Grange City while in London on business. The hotel is well-located with the Tower Hill Tube stop, the Tower of London, and parts of the City just a few minutes walk away. In my experience, the Front Desk staff is kind and helpful, and Housekeeping keeps the rooms immaculate. Most of the room are a decent size with well-equipped. although rather small, bathrooms. The rooms have a variety of views so ask questions when you receive your room assignment. Some rooms have a wonderful view of the Tower of London or the ancient London Wall, others have a perfectly acceptable street view, and still others have dismal views of the train tracks of the Fenchurch Street station or even just of the wall between the hotel and the Fenchurch Street station. Although the rooms and staff are of a good quality, I've always been puzzled by the assertion that this is a five star hotel. Those who are used to the space, amenities and attentive staff at a Four Seasons or Ritz will be very disappointed. However, If you accept the fact that the Grange City is a good business or leisure hotel with well-trained staff, you will have an excellent stay.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business