“beautifull hotel and service”

Threadneedles, Autograph Collection
Ranked #235 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed January 4, 2011

arrived 27th december so we had a good deal anyway due to being a quiet period, we got there at 11am and could check into room straight away. Advised we were recieving a free upgrade to a suite at the top floor! On opening our room door we were pleasantly suprised to have french windows, patio and and big terrace / balcony with lovely views. It was a very nice touch. Room was not huge but big enough, big comfy bed, great shower and bath and 2 sinks. The staff there are very very helpfull and helped us on our last day leaving our bags in the hotel while we explored london before our late night train home.
Location is just by Bank tube station with connections everywhere. It is very quiet as is in the financial district so would need to get tube/bus to most central places.
I would really recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
Threadneedles, Assistant General Manager at Threadneedles, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2011

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us at Threadneedles.

We are happy that you enjoyed your upgrade to one of our Penthouse Deluxe rooms. It is always good to hear that our staff are friendly and helpful as this is what hospitality and Threadneedles is all about.

We hope to welcome you back again soon. Please let me know when you would like to return and thank you for recommending us.

All the best for 2011!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,215)

Reviewed January 3, 2011

Had "won" this night buy purchasing it at a Charity Auction. Was a great experience. The City of London would not be everyone's obvious choice for a leisure break - but there is still an amazing part of the famous sights of London within easy walking distance. St Pauls, Mansion House, Tower of London plus the City itself - the financial hub - Leadenhall Market, Lombard Street, Lloyd's. As a Businessman making visits to the City this has to be a dream locsation (and a dream hotel) Service excellent, Rooms not that spacious but beautifully appointed. It has its own restaurant "Bonds" where the food is of a very high standard, with service to match - this was a Bank - the lobby lounge was the banking hall under a 19thC stained glaas ceiling - see the logos for Bank of the City of London.
Enjoy - we did

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple

Thank you for the review of your stay as well as The City.

There are many interesting places in The City of London and as the years go on, so it seems to get more popular with leisure during the weekends. More and more eateries are also opening up on weekends and in years to come we see the City of London getting busier with leisure travellers.

It was good to read that you enjoyed your stay and that our staff took care of you. Thank you too for your comments about Bonds.

We hope that you will retutrn one day and I look forward to hearing from you directly at that time.

Our very best wishes for 2011!

Reviewed December 31, 2010

I got stranded there and I couldn't have found a better place to stay. Beautiful rooms, nice, helpful staff. Beds are so comfortable..and some bathrooms are really spacious...you just can't get out if it...

But when I managed to get out of my room, I met the most wonderful people at the reception :-)

The Threadneedles is a place you would definitely come back to and recommend to your friends. Thank you very much for making my stay so pleasant!!!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled solo

We loved having you to stay with us and are so happy that you left with a positive impression of the hotel and staff.

Our Reception team enjoyed the conversations they managed to have with you and they hold fond memories of your time with us.

We hope that you will return one day. Please email directly at that time so that I can oversee your stay.

All the very best for 2011!

Reviewed December 29, 2010

I was looking for somewhere to stay over Christmas in the City of London and found Threadneedles on Trip Advisor. On the recommendation of previous guests I took a chance and booked it - a decision I definitely do not regret. This hotel is a stylish, relaxing haven in the heart of the city. The staff were welcoming and attentive, the breakfast was excellent and the room (Executive Twin) was spacious and extremely comfortable (great beds!). The bathroom had a bath and seperate shower (something of a rarity in other hotels?), and the gift of fresh eggnog and chocolates were a lovely festive touch when we checked in. I would definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
Threadneedles, Assistant General Manager at Threadneedles, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2010

Thank you for choosing us for your Christmas break.

We loved having you and we are happy to hear that you enjoyed Threadneedles, the staff and your Christmas Egg nog and chocolates.

We look forward to welcoming you back again.

We very much appreciate your comments and thank you for taking the time to review your experience.

Reviewed December 21, 2010

There are certain qualities that I look for in a hotel - efficient, friendly service, high level of amenities, high degree of comfort in furnishings throughout the hotel and in particular the bedrooms, and both general cleanliness and newness of decorations and furnishings. Threadneedles delivers on all points. I have no hesitation in recommending this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
Threadneedles, Assistant General Manager at Threadneedles, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded December 22, 2010

Thank you for staying with us and for your kind review.

We are so glad that we ticked all your boxes and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Please contact me directly at that time so that I can oversee your stay.

Merry Christmas and all the best for 2011.

Reviewed December 20, 2010

This year saw us staying at Threadneedles for the 4th time; it's become an annual event to celebrate my husband's birthday. This year we were very kindly upgraded to a studio room which had all the things we enjoy about staying here - incredibly quiet, a huge bed, a TV in the bathroom, beautiful fabrics - plus a small seating area. The view from the window consisted of the dome of the lobby's ceiling and the tall office building next door but as it's a city centre hotel that exactly what I'd expect.
This year we had breakfast in Bonds restaurant. The service, choice and food was excellent.
The festive decorations in the lobby and restaurant are worth the trip, especially the huge red twig arrangement under the dome.
The hotel enjoys a great location. At the weekend you virtually have the City to yourself and yet the West End is a short bus ride away, and the bus stop right outside the door. In previous years we've travelled into the West End to eat in the evening but this year we explored the new development in Cheapside which is a short walk from the hotel. It contains a number of restaurants with more planned and great views of St Paul's.
I really hope we will be back next year the make it 5 years in a row.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple

We love that we have become your favourite hotel!

Thank you so much for coming back again. We too hope and look forward to your visit next year. Your reviews and support are very much appreciated.

Please contact me directly at that time so that I can oversee your stay.

Merry Christmas and all the best for 2011!

Reviewed December 20, 2010

Good central location. From the street you'd never guess it was a hotel; but once inside the reception hall, with its fabulous dome ceiling, is very welcoming, and so are the staff. It feels comfortable, not sterile like so many big city hotels.

That said, "Conde Nast Traveller ... top 50 hotels" - No I don't think so, this doesn't match many other decent four star hotels we've stayed in. It's good but not fantastic!

On arrival we were told we had a room upgrade; I'm not sure what we had been previously assigned but the room we got was 'a little above' your average business room, but not outstanding. The view from the rooms; roof-tops, air-conditioning and office blocks.

Service was quick and efficient, once your need was established; calling reception or room service on more than one occasion I had to repeat myself, in my native English, at least three times to gain a response "Ah, you mean..."? Uh, "Yes that was what I said the first time..." is in the least annoying and not what I expect from a hotel of this rating. Don't get me wrong I'm all for multi-lingual international staff, but this was painful..!

It's at the pricey end for meals (Nice Restaurant, but £22 for English breakfast is steep) and room service, but overall generally good. However, they throw-in 12.5% service; which bumps it all up noticeably. Now sorry, but if I'm paying for a 5 star hotel I expect the highest level of service and will tip as I see fit...

At the end of our stay the bill was wrong, items we hadn't used, items we had were not detailed... Quite amazing, but then I guess if its unclear what is being ordered, it hard to actually invoice it too!

Would I stay again, yes - but I'd certainly look elsewhere first.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple

Thank you for staying with us and for your review.

We take all our guest feedback very seriously and apologise for all the inconvenience caused.

We usually pride ourselves in showing attention to detail and looking after the needs of all our guests. I have been in touch with you separately and your feedback from your stay is very constructive.

Thank you for letting us know your comments and we hope that we can welcome you back one day to experience Threadneedles at its best!

Merry Christmas and all the best for 2011.