“Absolutely Beautiful Hotel”

Threadneedles, Autograph Collection
Ranked #235 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed November 21, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Threadneedles Hotel for 3 nights as a family member was having their wedding reception in the hotel. When we arrived in the hotel, the staff were very friendly, pleasant and attentive. They also allowed us to check in early which was fab because we had been on a train all morning coming down to London. As we were checking in, we were offered Champagne or water- of course the Champagne was a must! We were then taken up to our room- we had went for their Standard Room- I would love to see their rooms which were higher than a Standard because our room was beautiful. Lovely big room and a lovely bathroom. They did a turn down service every evening, you could choose between sparkling or still water delivered to your room every night and a paper hung on your door handle every morning. All those touches made the stay even more enjoyable. The bed was extremely comfy and couldn't fault a single thing. The hotel is right in the banking district, meaning that it is very quiet at the weekend. The hotel is simply a 5-7minute walk from St Pauls and only 1 minute from Bank underground station. Would highly recommend this hotel for its service and general overall stay. Would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Don't need to go for a really expensive room to get a lovely room- the standard room is absolute...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
MichaelHewson, Manager at Threadneedles, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2013

Dear RumGirl24

Thank you for your review!

The team are delighted that you and your husband had a memorable stay with us and that your accommodation was enjoyable.

We hope to welcome you back to the Hotel in the near future, for another quiet getaway.

Kind regards, Michael

Write a ReviewReviews (1,216)

Reviewed November 11, 2013

Threadneedles is a great hotel. The room was luxurious, spacious and very clean. The common areas were impressive and the service was very good. The rooms feature US outlets in the living area which was helpful. The bar and restaurant close fairly early. One downfall was the room was freezing and there was no way to adjust it. Overall, a lovely hotel and a convenient location. I would recommend it for anyone wanting to stay near the Bank. Plus great shopping right out the door!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Dear alex198468

Thank you for your recent review! We are delighted that you were able to stay with us, albeit concerning that your room temperature was uncomfortable. We're sorry we were not able to address this whilst you were our guest.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Hotel in the future and certain hope for a more pleasant experience on your next visit.

Kind regards, Michael

Reviewed November 10, 2013

From the moment we arrived to the moment we left,the service was impeccable.The hotel is stylish with lovely features that mark it as a stand out hotel.The room we stayed in was spacious,well appointed with delightful London themed decor and a wonderfully comfortable bed.
If I had to name something that could be improved it would be the room temperature.Some like it hot, but we would have preferred it to be a bit cooler and were unable to reduce the air con temp.That said,if we were staying in the area again it would be my first choice of hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Lawder S, General Manager at Threadneedles, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2014

Dear ChrisandElizabeth
Thank you for leaving a review on our trip advisor page, our guest's feedback is so important to us.
I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay. I can also now advise you that we have replaced some of our air conditioning plant imn order to improve the efficiency of the cooling system. I hope that on your next visit you will find you can achieve the room temperature you want.

Reviewed November 10, 2013

Travelled with my Husband and stayed at the hotel on 9th November 2013.

I was really looking forward to staying in London and going to see a show with my Husband as a treat. I searched different websites to get the best price and Secret Escapes offered a really good rate that included breakfast. We then booked with them for the first time the night before arrival. Took advantage of the Impulse Weekend Offers.

The hotel was quite close to Bank the underground station - a five minute walk.

When we entered the hotel we were really impressed with the foyer. The Receptionist offered us a drink whilst she checked us in which was a nice touch! Upon checking in the Receptionist took our details and unfortunately couldn't find us on the system. I explained that we booked directly with Secret Escapes as the confirmation from them said to do. Still she couldn't find our reservation. Luckily for us (and her) they had plenty of availability. She upgraded us to an Executive room free of charge due to the error which we were fairly pleased with. Another receptionist did say that this has happened before. So a little tip, if you book with Secret Escapes to take advantage of a much better rate, ring the hotel to check that they have received your booking. This was our first time booking with Secret Escapes.

When we arrived in our room we were quiet pleased. The bed was to die for with puffed up pillows too. The bathroom was marble finished with both a shower and a bath. I opened the wardrobe and it was a relief to see the umbrella as it was raining - have never seen an umbrella in the room before. Maybe it's a sign that it rains a lot in London! I tried the umbrella and unfortunately it was broken. Rang reception and they sent another one upto the room in no time.

The room had a mini bar, plenty of drinks in but only two items of food. The ice bucket that was left with two complimentary bottles of water only had minimal ice in. I think with the room being at the end of the corridor we were the last to get the mini bar stocked along with the ice.

We were asked if we would like a complimentary paper to which we said that would be great. The following day my Husband and I on two separate occasions peered out of our room but no paper. We mentioned this as we went down to breakfast and the receptionist said she would arrange and that it would be there when we returns to the room. It wasn't - was disappointed - especially from a five star hotel. When I complained the receptionist said she was sorry but didn't feel like our stay was that important. Just treated as a paying customer only.

After returning after seeing a show in Leicester Square - The Commitments (which was amazing!) there were complimentary bottles of water and also complimentary slippers. The bed was turned down (duvet folded back) - couldn't wait to dive in it! I had previously used the towels in the bathroom and left them on the floor - they were changed which was nice.

Breakfast was nice but wouldn't have wanted to pay full price - it was included in the room rate. The Grapefruit Juice was amazing!

We checked out and took the Umbrella with us as my Husband asked the receptionist if we could have it. To our surprise she agreed - probably because of the issues that we had experienced.

We both thought the hotel was over priced and we were just another customer.

2  Thank Miss_Valentino

Dear Miss_Valentino
Thank you for your feedback, I am pleased that you liked so many of the small touches and that you particularly liked the comfortable beds.
I am so sorry that you had to wait so lonfg for your newspaper and also that that umbrella in your room was broken. Please accept my sincere apologies.

Reviewed November 9, 2013

I stayed here for business in November 2013. Excellent hotel, friendly staff, huge and luxurious rooms, would highly recommend, you won't be disappointed. A great location to explore London from. The entrance hall in particular is amazing!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank aneknamin

Dear aneknamin
Thank you for your review, I am so pleased that you enjoyed your srtay with us, I do hope you will be back again very soon.
Best Regards

Reviewed November 8, 2013

Brilliant hotel situated near to the Bank of England and Bank tube station. The Decor is very nice, particularly the lounge area. The rooms are very comfortable and the staff are very welcoming on arrival.
Generally the area is pretty quiet at the weekend but a little lively on a Friday night. One of Jamie Oliver's restaurants is around the corner... Worth a visit. Short walk to St Paul's as well.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Simon A
Thank you fopr your review, I am so pleased that like many others, you felt able to rate us 5/5.
I do hope you will be back again soon.

Reviewed November 4, 2013

Hotel was really nice, modern, very clean with a great central location. The staff were excellent. Only let down was (as with so many hotels) was the temperature of the room being far too warm and the control knobs supplied seem to make no difference what so ever. The full English breakfast was nice, but was not worth £26 a head!

1  Thank R S F

Dear R S F
Thank you for your review of our hotel. I am pleased to be able to tell you that since your stay, we have now replaced some of our air conditioning plant to improve the efficiency of the cooling. I am sure that on your next visit you will be able to achieve the temperature you want in your room.