This hotel met all expectations and failed to disappoint in an way, shape or form.
Situated on a quite road (which is rare for central London) and less than a 2 minute walk to Bank underground station. Everything about this hotel is 'grand'!
Unfortunately we were unable to check-in early, however we were able to leave our bags which were then subsequently placed in our room ready for when we returned to check-in later. It is the little things like this that make all the difference, such as the two large bottles of complementary water that were brought up to our room in the evening.
If I was to be super critical then I would say that the plug to the bathroom sink was broken (plug was stuck pressed down) and that the view (from our room at least) was non-existent. We did not stay for the view and the water in the sink did eventually drain away so this was not of any inconvenience.
You get what you pay for and this hotel is no exception.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Marriott Rewards members can earn and redeem Marriott rewards points at this hotel - part of the Autograph collection. Threadneedles, a 5 star boutique hotel in the heart of the City of London. Relax in the hotel's eclectic mix of old and new design; from the striking stained glass dome above the lobby, dating back to 1856, to contemporary styling in the 74 bedrooms and modern British dining in Bonds Restaurant & Bar. Find warmth in the walnut walls and grandeur in the cool marble floors of this Victorian banking hall, cleverly converted into a five star boutique hotel. Within easy reach are popular landmarks such as St Paul's Cathedral, The Barbican, Shakespeare's Globe and the Tower of London. The West End and Theatreland are only 3 tube stops away. For those who like to stray from the beaten tracks, the savvy guest can also explore The City's lesser-known gems such as chic Spitalfields market, foodie Borough market, The Monument to the Great Fire of London and The Charles Dickens Museum. For weekend visitors, Shoreditch or Borough Market provide some of London's trendiest restaurants and bars just a 5 minute taxi ride away. The hotel is just a 20-minute car ride from London's City Airport, 3 minutes walk from Bank underground station and 5 minutes walk from Liverpool Street mainline station, with connections to Stansted Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Priceline, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your Threadneedles, Autograph Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Threadneedles Hotel London
- Threadneedles, Autograph Collection London, England