“Quiet, in a good way.....a repeat London stop”

Threadneedles, Autograph Collection
Ranked #225 of 1,090 Hotels in London
tsgbhalf
“Quiet, in a good way.....a repeat London stop”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 24, 2012

A great city location. Helpful staff. The hotel has a beautiful lobby. The bar is convenient and well fitted.

I would like it better if the workout facility was in the hotel. As it is, you must make a short (less than five minutes) walk to the facility. The downside is not the walk, but the fact that you must re-register at the fitness center. Minor drag.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
AndreasStys, General Manager at Threadneedles, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
We are sorry that we do not have a gym facility on site and appreciate and understand your comments. We are happy that you otherwise enjoyed your stay. Thank you for writing a review and we hope to welcome you back again in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2012 via mobile

It's all in the detail, but I wish someone would tell that to the Threadneedles. Great location, which is its biggest draw. However... so many niggly things about it. And I list: tv (very small) didn't work; armchair was so big I practically had to climb over it to get round the bed; only one peg in the bathroom so nowhere to hang towels, bathrobes etc; only one small soap provided which you were, I suppose, meant to take around with you from hand basin, bath and separate shower; at check-in we were told we'd be provided with 'complimentary' water. Once in the room we couldn't see any so took the one from the mini bar which, of course, they charged us for. The 'complimentary' water comes in large in-house bottle (from their tap?) on their early evening rounds. If you don't finish it it's whipped away the next morning and you don't get any more until the next evening. We stayed three nights and left Monday morning but our swipe key cards were de-programmed early so we couldn't get into our room on Sunday night. We received no apology from reception when we pointed this out to them. Finally, our complimentary newspaper was provided for just two days, nothing for Monday morning. By the day of our departure we felt like we were already history to them. Which is exactly how we feel about this hotel. Next time it's a return to the Andaz, Liverpool Street. A much friendlier, efficient hotel. Pity, because the Threadneedles could have been fabulous.

Stayed December 2012
3 Thank realgreek
Thank you for staying and for reviewing your experience.

We are truly sorry that we have let you down and for the lack of attention to detail we showed during your visit.

I have been in touch with you separately and hope that we can restore your faith in Threadneedles.
Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2012

Rated with five stars, this hotel delivers the perks of a five star hotel with out having an overwhelming number of staff members for every function. I am talking about the lack of Valet or no doorman or other superfluous things that I can do without. I got the service and comfort I wanted and expected of such rating. I did not require to be walked to my room, or perhaps be greeted with a beverage but everything else was there. Thats why I know that whomever runs that property comes from a five star mainstream training. I got a beautifully appointed room, elegant, clean and fully fitted with all the amenities one expects from the top hotels. Classical Music playing greets you as you explore the room, you will find oversized bathroom toiletries, large bath towels, bathrobes and slippers, umbrella and full minibar, free internet and ipod docking, large bath tub and separate shower, fresh free sparkling water and news papers, very affordable parking, I even got complementary late checkout. All that at an entry level room, I have paid more at a budget hotel thats why it was so impressive. While the location is not ideal if you are going for tourism, It is well worth the extra five minutes travel time to the best attractions. I fully recommend it.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Anthony2013
Thank you for staying with us at Threadneedles. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay as well as the hotel. We hope to welcome you back again in the near future.
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2012

I have stayed at Threadneedles a few times over the years and it remains very consistent and a top choice in the City of London. A great location if working in the City within walking distance of the Bank tube station. The rooms are comfortable and elegant - quite reasonable size by London standards with comfortable beds and well appointed bathrooms with nice toiletries. The restaurant serves a great english breakfast and seems like a popular venue. Highly recommended as a convenient and high quality business hotel if staying in London City.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for returning as often as you do. We are delighted that you still enjoy Threadneedles. We hope to welcome you back again soon.
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2012

Staying here for one Saturday night in early December has become our favourite pre-Christmas / hubby's birthday treat even though we live in London. I love the City at the weekend when there is hardly anyone about. The bus that stops outside the hotel takes you to the West End and there are places to eat in nearby One New Change, so you are spoilt for choice.

The hotel is lovely, I can't recommend it highly enough. The lobby is beautiful (good pink star-burst decorations this year) and the rooms stylish. We had room 410 which was spacious and completely peaceful with a huge bed. You get no sense of how many other people are staying here as the walls and doors are so thick, it's only at breakfast that you realise there are other guests.

We hope to make it 7 years in a row in 2013.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JulieB_9
We love having you stay as often as you do. Thank you for your kind review. On your next visit, we should have completed a soft refurb to our rooms and so you have something to look forward to.
hampshire. england
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2012

The hotel is very convenient, just a couple of minutes walk from Bank station which is served by various lines including DLR although some are a fair walk from the entrance. The central line would do as a starting point and is the easiest and quickest to get on to from Bank.
We arrived very early and were able to check-in immediately. Very attentive front desk staff. Our room was a basic double but had everything we could want. Check the hotel web-site for full descriptions of rooms. Good water pressure, great toiletries, sorry, but I didn't leave any of them behind as I would normally. Very comfy bed, great night's sleep. I expect like everything, it depends on the price you pay and I never felt short-changed in any way. I will look for deals at this hotel first whenever I visit London.
I didn't use any other hotel facilities apart from storing my luggage after checking out which was done willingly. There was nothing more I could have asked for.

Room Tip: I was happy with the room I was allocated
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back again very soon. Thank you for your review.
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2012

Stayed here this weekend for my partner's 30th. The city is a little quiet on the weekend but that's no bad thing. A minute's walk from Bank underground which is on the Central and northern lines.
The hotel is really lovely - many other reviewers pick on silly little details which wouldn't bother anyone with anything better to do.
We had breakfast in our room - it was very nice indeed, and having forgotten a few items the staff were happy to provide combs and toothpaste.
Our room was large and light and the bathroom a highlight for pampering.
We would definitely return.

• Stayed December 2012
Thank you for choosing Threadneedles and a very Happy Birthday to your partner for his 30th Birthday! We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope that we can welcome you back again soon. Thank you for your kind comments.