“Another fantastic stay!”

Ranked #206 of 1,069 Hotels in London
Leeds UK
“Another fantastic stay!”
Reviewed June 14, 2012 via mobile

I love this hotel and everything about it. I stayed with my daughter when we went to see mamma Mia and horrible histories the weekend of the London marathon.

I booked the 2012 package and reception swapped a glass of champagne for coke for my daughter. I thought the room we had on a previous visit was great, but this one was exceptional.

I would heartily recommend the threadneedles to anyone who is staying in London on a weekend. The tate modern is a 10 min walk from the hotel, and central London is a 10/15 min tube ride away.

• Stayed April 2012
1 Thank Grunge_Spice
Threadneedles, Interim General Manager at Threadneedles, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, June 15, 2012
So happy to read that you had another fantastic stay at Threadneedles. Thank you for recommending our hotel to other travelers. We look forward to welcoming you back again. Please contact me directly on that occasion.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (144)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed June 11, 2012

I'm currently (11th June 2012) staying at Threadneedles and unfortunately have found it to be very noisy from the services doors in the hallways across from the rooms and even more disappointing is the lack of privacy as the rooms face building works where builders on 3 floors look directly into your room and this affects all floors of the Hotel.
When you close the curtains it means you're staying in darkness (the rooms are naturally dark).
What was a test run for a stay during the Olympics has unfortunately changed my mind.
An expensive test for what I knew to be a peaceful hotel in the past unfortunately.

Room Tip: Ask if the building work next door has completed and whether your room is near the floor entry to yo...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Threadneedles, Manager at Threadneedles, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, June 13, 2012
Thank you for staying with us. We are truly sorry that you have left with such a bad impression this time. The last of the works to the building accross the way in Finch Lane are coming to an end. We will definitely not have this problem of builders accross the way during the Olympic period. We would have loved to have found an alternative room for you had we known your Privacy was being affected at the time. I would also like to personally apologise for the noise from the service door accross the hall way. This should not have been the case and I am personally dealing with the staff concerned. I do hope that we can restore your faith in Threadneedles and have been in touch with you personally regarding the issues you experienced.
Weston-super-Mare
Reviewed June 11, 2012

We stayed here on a Saturday night. Though the location is in the middle of the financial district it is well served by public transport. We used Boris's bikes to get around and would recommend them.

The room was lovely. Comfortable bed - excellent bathroom.

All the staff were warm and welcoming. We didn't have the budget to have breakfast which is about £23+ but had a morning trip to Sainsburys 2 minutes away for some pain au chocolate to go with our morning coffee.

We stay in London quite often and this was one of the best hotels we have stayed in.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your kind feedback. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and the location of the hotel. The Boris bikes are great fun and a good way to get around London! Sorry that you found our breakfast to be a little pricy. We do have specials on, and if you book directly with us and order a breakfast inclusive rate in advance, breakfast is discounted. We do pride ourselves in offering a good quality breakfast and have won awards for offering the best breakfasts in the City of London. We hope that you will stay again soon and please do contact me on your next visit.
Reviewed June 10, 2012 via mobile

Nice quiet location, good service, great food breakfast. Small room, tucked away, no view.

• Stayed June 2012
Threadneedles, Interim General Manager at Threadneedles, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, June 19, 2012
Thank you so much for staying and for your review. We are so happy that you liked our location, good service and our breakfast. So sorry that you room had no view. Unfortunately, being right in the City, our rooms are limited in terms of view. We do have a Penthouse Deluxe room in the hotel, so perhaps on your next visit, this may be an option for you. We look forward to welcoming you back again.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 6, 2012

Great location right in the City. Two minutes walk from Bank Station.

Hotel is brilliant. Room was very comfortable, well decorated, amazing huge bed, great bathroom, excellent shower.

Service was great. I would highly recommend breakfast in bed. Their Eggs Benedict are one of the best I have ever tasted!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Izzysea
Thank you so much for your positive feedback. We are delighted that we met your expectations and that you loved the hotel and our service. We look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.
Red Deer, Canada
Reviewed June 3, 2012

We stayed at the Threadneedles hotel for 3 nights recently. The area is very quiet on the weekend and although very close to Bank Tube station first time visitors to London may prefer a location more conveniently located to more London attractions. It would be a great place to stay if you had business in the City. Our room was comfortable but quite dark and oddly designed (very narrow with unusually high ceiling). The furniture was jammed in and I couldn't turn on the lamp because the TV and coffee table prevented me from getting to it. The wallpaper was peeling a little and there were other signs of wear and tear around the room. Bathroom was fine and well-equipped. The lobby area is attractive but I found the way the reception staff stood up from their desk everytime we entered the hotel a little disconcerting. Really you don't have to do that and for me it doesn't add value to my stay at all. With a little updating this could be a very nice hotel but for the premium price we paid I was a little disappointed.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank rdabca
Threadneedles, Interim General Manager at Threadneedles, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, June 7, 2012
Thank you for sharing your feedback following your recent stay with us.

We fully take on board your comments about your room needing an upgrade. We are actually in the process of arranging for our rooms to have a soft refurbishment later in the year.

I am sorry to hear that you were disappointed and felt that you did not get good value for money during your stay with us. I do hope that you will return and ask you to contact me directly on your next visit so that I can personally oversee your stay.
St Albans
Reviewed May 31, 2012

We stayed at the Threadneedles Hotel over a weekend as we were at a wedding in the City. We had a great experience and were sorry that we didn't have the time to fully appreciate the hotel. We had a very comfortable quiet room with excellent facilities. The hotel is right in the City, near to Bank tube and close to the Bank of England as the name suggests! Breakfast was very good and it made a pleasant change to be served to your table rather than having a buffet style breakfast. The staff were very friendly and service was good, I loved being able to leave my shoes outside our room for the shoe shine service, particularly as it was a very wet London day. When we got back home we received a bill for the use of the mini bar, which we hadn't had chance to use! I rang the hotel and the Manager was extremely helpful and the problem was rectified straight away. I would highly recommend a stay in this hotel in such a beautiful part of London and at the weekend it is so quiet and reasonable for the quality and comfort of your stay.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Threadneedles, Interim General Manager at Threadneedles, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, June 12, 2012
Thank you for choosing Threadneedles and for taking the time to share your experience. It was a real pleasure to read your kind comments and we are delighted that you enjoyed staying with us. We look forward to your next visit! Please do not hesitate to contact me directly on that occasion.