Threadneedles, Autograph Collection
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
The Ned(London)
  • Pool
1,235 results
All reviewsbank tube stationroyal exchangethreadneedle streetthe marco pierre white restaurantbanking hallfinancial districtsquare milerose petalsbeautiful hotelupgraded to a suiteboutique hotelwest endseparate showerhuge bathroomnespresso machinepaul's cathedralweekend break
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 14, 2012

From the Fedora-clad doorman to the stunning dome, I immediately felt I was going to like Threadneedles.

I was assigned a large room down a side corridor with only one room opposite (I’d requested a quiet one), with a very comfortable bed (only one demonic scatter cushion), proper usable desk, lots of power points including a European one, and a big armchair with footstool. The room itself was quiet and I didn’t hear much apart from occasional distant door slamming, and the person in the room opposite (more below…). There was a massive bathroom - one of the nicest I’ve seen in hotels, with a separate rainhead shower to the bath (which also had a handheld shower) and generous amounts of gorgeous Korres toiletries. Some additional nice touches: magazines in the bathroom (Instyle, FHM, not boring tourist ones), a choice of free still or sparkling water for the night, curtains properly shut during turndown so that no light peeped through, and some small suggestions around the room of room service offers and treats, which were subtly done.

Two irritants that can be addressed:
1) The bathroom has large opaque windows with no blinds and an opaque glass door. As a result, light streams through from very early in the morning. Easily solved by blind on the door. I gather they’re doing a soft refurb, so hopefully they’ll address this.
2) A nutty person in the room opposite having a screaming one-sided row until about 1am. It wasn’t as loud once I was round the corner in bed, but still irritatingly and definitely audible. Not the hotel’s fault, but I’d so love a door/double door to the room that blocks out corridor noise… Having said that, if there’d been someone vaguely considerate opposite, then it would’ve been more than ok.

I’ve stayed in quite a few hotels in London, and this was also close as it’s got to being spot on for me. I think I may have found a home from home…

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
9  Thank Member100
Threadneedles, Assistant General Manager at Threadneedles, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2012

Thank you very much for staying at Threadneedles. We are so happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you liked the little touches in your room.
Thank you for your feedback, which is important to us. We are in the process of exploring ways to keep out the light from the bathroom window which is in the room you stayed in.
We very much look forward to your return. Please do contact me at that time so that I can personally oversee your stay.

Reviewed February 12, 2012

We stayed here on the 10th February 2012. I booked into an Executive Room and ordered a romantic package as it was my husband's birthday. The package was lovely - champagne, chocolates, bubble bath and rose petals. We ordered room service, very nice and very efficient. Room was a good size and ensuite had a bath and shower. Bed and pillows very comfortable. Staff were very friendly and attentive and breakfast was fantastic! The only complaint I have would a bit of honesty when booking. There is currently a lot of building work going on adjacent to the hotel hence our view was nothing but scaffolding which was obviously why our curtains were drawn when we arrived despite it being about 3.30 in the afternoon! We were awoke at 8am on Saturday morning to drilling and banging from the workman. It would have been nice if we'd have been told when booking that this work was going on. When reported in the morning they took my number and said a Manager would be in touch - nothing yet.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank CheshireFieldings28

Thank you for booking the romance package to celebrate your special occassion. We are delighted that you enjoyed the experience.
As a standard, we do draw the curtains on arrival for our Romance package. However we would like to sincerely apologise for the noise disruption caused so early in the morning.
We had come to an agreement with the contract company over the road and no works are supposed to commence before 09:00am on a Saturday morning. Since your visit, we have flagged this up with them. I know that our Front Office manager was in touch with you on Monday and we hope that you will return. Please do contact me on your next visit so that I can personally oversee your stay.

Reviewed February 7, 2012

I have reviewed Threadneedles before.

Any hotel that can deliver great service stay after stay is a rare commodity.

The Shackleton Suite is great if you can swing it.

Bonds is the best breakfast in the Square Mile still.

Keep it up team!

• Stayed: January 2012
1  Thank HughK1

We were delighted to have you stay again. So glad that you enjoyed The Shackleton Suite as well as your breakfast in Bonds! We very much look forward to your next visit. Please contact me at that time so that I can oversee your stay. Thank you for reviewing your experience.

Reviewed February 6, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel before so I thought that I would have just as good a service this time.
I work in London and stay here from time to time as it takes too long to travel home late at night.
For this stay I booked the room through Hotels.com staying from Friday night to Sunday morning. As it was over the weekend my wife came to stay too although I had to work all of Friday night.
The check in was good and as requested they selected a room in the part of the hotel that was quiet as I needed to sleep the next day.
Unfortunately on the Friday night/Saturday morning they had problems with their TV systems. We had a note slipped through the door to advise they were working on it. This was not a problem but the TV problem lasted all weekend and I thibnk they should have raised the awareness of this issue and made some kind of apology at any opportunity they found. This is after all a 5 star hotel and should excell with its service and interface with its customers.
What really frustrated me was a request I made for an extended check out. I called to reception as asked if I could have a couple of extra hours before I checked out the following day. The answer was an immediate no, we are busy tomorrow. I reminded the lady that she did not even know which room I was in and it may not even be allocated for someone else. I was asked to come back and they would check. I had to have this conversation with the desk 3 times and did manage to get 1 extra hour. My wife sat in the main reception on the day of our check out waiting for me to return from work expecting to see swathes of visitors all waiting to check in but alas there was not. Not even a bit of a flurry.
I am not impressed with the service and for me that is what sets hotels a part from their competitors. I do happen to be staying London for the next 2 nights but not at threadneedles.
I have scored the hotel as average because it was not all bad and the rooms were well appointed.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Jamesthefirst

We are truly sorry that we let you down this time round. I have been in touch with you separately and we hope that you will return soon. We did have TV and internet issues during your stay and although we were doing the best we could to restore service to the building, we should have been in constant touch with you, updating you of the situation. We sincerely apologise for the poor service you experienced and assure you that we have taken necessary action to ensure this is never repeated.

Reviewed February 6, 2012

Having seen this hotel on a recent documentary we decided to give it a go for a weekend break. We were not disappointed. Our 2012 deal gave us a beautiful suite and a glass of champagne. Just a short walk from the tube and we thought easy to find. The room was lovely- 3TV's (and only 2 of us) a seperate shower and bath. Lovely warm towels, great toiletries. A 6 foot bed. We had a lovely dinner on the Friday in the restaurant (Bonds) and bar meals on the Saturday (the restaurant is closed over the weekend). The cocktails are many and varied. This area of London shuts down at weekends so its beautifully quiet. Shops, bars, restaurants are only a short bus/tube ride away. We walked to the Guildhall to see the Roman amphitheatre and the art gallery, to St Paul's (and a nice lunch) followed by the excellent Museum of London. All walkable. And for us the magic continued with snow. Breakfast (included on our deal) was very good. If you are on a deal you have a choice of continental or cooked. I was slightly disappointed that i couldn't have my usual cereal followed by poached egg- but never mind. All in all an excellent weekend destination. I do think that during the week this would be a very busy place so perhaps not such good value.

Room Tip: All rooms are nice but if you can go for a weekend deal then this will give you a larger room for a very reasonable price.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Millarmaid

We are delighted that you chose us and that you enjoyed our Celebrate 2012 offer. Thank you for your kind review. We hope to welcome you back again soon to experience more of our cocktails. We look forward to that time and please contact me directly on your next visit, so that I can oversee your stay.