“Always good”

An Agoda Traveler
Reviewed December 16, 2009

• Stayed: December 2009

Reviewed December 14, 2009

This hotel was probably fine about ten years ago, but now it is tired and grim. The fittings in the bathroom were particularly grungy and old looking. Location wise it is only OK if you have a car. The nearest tube station is not near. The breakfast at Macdonalds over on the other side of the industrial park was more appetising than what was on offer at the Comfort Inn. I had no problems with service during my stay, but feel sorry for the staff who have to work at such a depressing venue. I will never choose to stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled on business
LHMS, CEO of LHMS at Ramada London Finchley, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2009

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to post a review and I am disappointed you did not enjoy your stay. Whilst we continually do works on the hotel and are currently installing new bath panels in the bathrooms, and new larger beds and duvets in every bedroom we have not received any comments about scruffy bathrooms. We have however discussed your comments with the company that are responsible for housekeeping, so thank you for keeping us [and them] on our [their] toes!.

A full cooked breakfast is complimentary and is well received by over 25,000 guests at the hotel each year, but again we will revisit this area.

Many of our guests do not have cars, but use public transport and their is a bus stop only a 100m from the hotel.

Thanks and kind regards

David

Reviewed October 13, 2009

I stayed here once a week for about three months on business and got to know the place and staff quite well. The rooms are spacious, clean and comfortable. The 'all you can eat' breakfast buffet is great if you like a cooked breakfast (which I do). It's generally quiet at night but some rooms are more prone to noise from plumbing/corridor. My only grumble is that although the staff are incredibly helpful, professional and friendly, the computer booking system isn't reliable - I had a favourite room that I'd pre book and confirm in advance every week only to find when I checked in the that computer had randomly allocated me another one. Other than that, great.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business
LHMS, CEO of LHMS at Ramada London Finchley, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2009

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to post a review and I am glad that you enjoyed the hotel.

Your kind comments will be shared with all the team as it is a team effort and we will look into that computer glitch....sorry about that.

Hope to welcome you back soon.

Kind regards

david

Reviewed September 4, 2008

Stayed here in May 2008; and to be quite honest I am staggered by the number of positive reviews on this site.

Sadly, I rate this place as one of the worst hotels I've ever had to stay in and struggle to find anything positive to say about the place. The whole place is shabby and tired and I agree with the comments regarding the single very slow lift and the distance to walk to some rooms.

On the nights I stayed there the number of vans in the car park outnumbered the cars by about ten to one which says it all in my book. Perhaps I just caught it on a bad week though.

My first room smelt as though someone had chain smoked all night on the previous day and after complaining I was moved to another room. Although the air was fresher the room was tired, the bathroom grubby and the bed hard and uncomfortable.

The peeling formica on the sticky breakfast table was probably the final straw; my colleague and I both complained to our company and will not be staying here again.

Enough said.

• Stayed: May 2008
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
LHMS, CEO of LHMS at Ramada London Finchley, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2008

Thank you for your review and I am sorry you did not enjoy your stay. As you state in your review there are loads of good reviews for the hotel on this site and our biggest area of complaint seems to be the selfishness of guests who still smoke in bedrooms. Despite the notices advising them they cant this selfish act creates a nightmare for our team who have to try and then get rid of the smell.
The breakfast area is extremely busy with basically all guests taking advantage ouf our free cooked breakfast which amongst "limited service" hotels is rather unusual as most just offer cold "continental" breakfast. As a result we try and clean tables between guests but cant always get to them in time to do so.

Not sure about your comment about vans which seems to imply that their presence means we are a bit rough!! Perhaps the jags, merc, bmws owners had already left!!!

Over the course of a year in excess of 30,000 guests stay at the Comfort Hotel Finchley. We try and get it right every time for everyone, and I am sorry that on the occassion of your visit we failed.

We will try harder and thank you for your feedback.

Kind regards

David
Regards

Reviewed August 26, 2008

Loved our stay at the comfort, location/parking was excellent, the staff were polite/helpfull, (especially christian) rooms were clean, breakfast was great with a good choice, deffinately use this hotel again.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed August 17, 2008