Ramada London Finchley
  • Restaurant
La Gaffe(London)
  • Breakfast included
Very Good 4/5
    All reviewsvue cinemaleisure complexally pallynorth circularhospitality traytube stationnorthern linegood sizeroom was clean and comfortablebus stopbasic hoteltea coffeestayed nightsflat screen tvbreakfast was includedthe ritzbooked this hotel
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed March 2, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for a business meeting I had in this area of London the following morning. The hotel staff were very polite, the room was clean, the bar was adequate & the parking was free. Overall for the price it was good value for money. The hotel is located on a leisure park with a cinema, swimming pool & various restaurants.

2  Thank jelena1958
    Gman103, Manager at Ramada London Finchley, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2014

Thanks for the review

Reviewed February 28, 2013

I have been staying in this hotel for many years but will not be returning after my latest stay.

We stayed from thursday until tuesday, the first room we were placed in could not be locked. We reported this to reception and were moved to another room. The second room had a tv which didnt work and heating which could not be adjusted. We were offerred a new room, the room offerred was our initial hotel room! We were told we had to move as they could not provide a replacement tv. Our third room was fine however in the middle of all the moving my dad left some items in one of the rooms which were never found. I reported them missing to hotel staff and were told to check back the next morning, the new staff member knew nothing about this and told us to come back that evening. The next staff member also knew nothing of this despite previous promises that housekeeping would be contacted.

The worst part of this service was in the restaurant. My brother went up to get his breakfast and there was only 1 sausage,the server advised him to come back in a few minutes. When I went up the sausages had arrived so I asked the server if I could have an extra sausage to save my brother going up again. She said no as each person could only have 2 of each item, I again explained that they were not for me, she said ok and then handed me my plate, I asked for some bacon and she put one slice on,I asked for 2 and she again said that each person could only have 2 of each item. I yet again said that the extra sausage was for my brother and she said that it didn't matter as the items were on my plate. I was aware of a queue forming behind me so I said fine don't worry and she then threw on another piece of bacon and went to hand me my plate and I had to ask her to put the rest of my breakfast on the plate first. I said thank you and as I walked away she muttered something under her breath which was heard by the next person who replied " some people are never happy". If these staff had concentrated on replacing empty food trays instead of being awkward then we wouldn't have any problem. When I reported this to the hotel reception I was told that the restaurant has a differant owner and I should make a complaint about it.

On the Friday night II went to the bar to get some extra milk for our room and was given some without any problem. On the saturday night I went to do the same and was told I would have to buy some,I pointed out that I had been given some without question last night and at that point a gentleman stepped in who I assume was restaurant manager and asked who told me that I could have some. I stated that the staff member on reception last night had directed me to the bar and he then went in the direction of the staff member who was working tonight. I stated that it wasn't her who had told me to go to the bar, I went to the bar to ought as I'd we t there last night and wasn't aware there was a problem. He then told her to get me some milk and again I stated that she had not told me to go there,he said "I know, I know" and asked if it was "a pakistani man" i stated i couldn't remember and he stormed back in to the restaurant.

I forwarded my concerns to the hotel manager who advised me that the restaurant manager wanted to address me directly, I am yet to receive any contact from him nearly 6 weeks later. My dads items were also never found despite me being informed by the manager that the hotel had a policy of logging all lost items for 3 months when discovered by housekeeping.

The hotel manager did offer me 50% off the standard rate if I wanted to stay at this hotel again however I pointed out to him that even with his offer I would still be paying more than the rates offerred by other websites.

The hotel manager has been helpful however I maintain that I will not be returning to this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
    LHMS, CEO of Lester Hotels at Ramada London Finchley, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2013

Thank you for filing a review and I know Ian Faithfull who was the GM at the hotel has been in touch with you and I was advised that as part of his investigation into your stay, the restaurant operator has agreed to contct you personally and I am sorry to hear this did not happen.

Whether the restaurant is outsourced or not is of little matter as it is our name above the door and we take responsibility for the hotel in its entirety hence my unreserved apology.

We now have a new General Manager at the hotel, Arshad Mahmood and I will ask him to contact you personally so that he can discuss the points you raise so that he may more clearly ensure they are ALL resolved and also to "entice" you back to the hotel so that we may restore your confidence.

So sorry.

Reviewed February 28, 2013

Whilst the location is excellent - short bus ride to East Finchley Tube and the hotel is directly next to the Leisure Park and it's restaurants, cinema and gym - it's all looking very tired now. Still very clean though.
    For us though, I think the biggest let down is the breakfast. Very poor quality foodstuff, very little choice, surly service and I found several hairs in my scrambled egg. Worryingly the restaurant has only 3 stars out of 5 for its Scores on The Doors. Although we paid for breakfast for all 3 days of our stay, we chose not to eat there after day 1.
    And whilst the car park is free, there were 2 vehicles broken into during our stay.
    It's cheap (for London) just not very cheerful.

Room Tip: Higher floors are quieter.
    • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
    LHMS, CEO of Lester Hotels at Ramada London Finchley, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2013

Thank you for your review and I am disappointed that you found the breakfast had deteriorated since your last stay. Whilst we outsource the food and beverage at the hotel that does not mean that we arent responsible as it is our name above the door and this reflects badly on us.

Our new GM at the hotel Arshad Mahmood is working with the breakfast team to ensure that the offering and service is more in line which you have associated with us in the past and I am sorry for this "hiccup".

Regarding break in to vehicles, we have been "lucky" in the past, but there has been a spate affecting many hotels in north London over the past month. As a result we have now added on site overnight security footpatrol just to our area for added reassurance and continue to work closely with the police

Thanks and look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Excellent value for money easy parking comfortable beds clean rooms with a bath Greek Resteraunt on site . It is also on 2 bus routes if you don't want to bother trying to park the car situated on a leisure park with a Cinema multiplex

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

Thanks for the review

Reviewed February 20, 2013

The hotel is average room average breakfast average,, staff very pleasant. Van broken into parked right outside front door. when i reported to reception the was no surprise !!!! I would not stay here again

1  Thank mlsouthport

Thank you for your review and whilst I am pleased you like the hotel we will work harder to get your view of us up from "average".
    Regarding van break ins, we have owned the hotel for over 13 years and like most hotels we have had the occassional incident. As this has now become more frequent [as other hotels in our area are finding] we have now introduced our own on foot security patrol overnight, exclusively to our site for added reassurance. Without wishing to tempt fate this seems to have done the trick and we continue to work closely with the police

Hope we see you again.