“Best hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #409 of 1,089 Hotels in London
League City, Texas
“Best hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013

We have been staying here for years. the staff is great!! It is so close to everything. A subway is right across the street.
The staff is very friendly. the breakfast is good and hot. They serve coffee and hot tea all day. the bar has a great selection of drinks!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ExHiWimbledonSouth, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express London-Wimbledon-South, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
I was delighted to read your recent review and have shared your kind comments with my team. It is always very satisfying to read a 5 star review ! I do hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel soon.
Seyda Akbas

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
  • Arabic first
Berkhamsted, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2013

Great service The Manager came down to the carpark to free up a space...drinks served at your table in the bar... Restaurant recommendations. Clean newly furnished rooms. Pleased I decided to come into town rather than tube in on an early start!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for your 4 star review and your kind words. My team and I were delighted to read your comments and were so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us .I do hope you will stay with us again next time you are in Wimbledon area.

Nottingham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2013 via mobile

Reviewing this for the second time out of sheer frustration as standards seem to have slipped even further!

This Holiday Inn isn't a bad hotel, but I had previously thought that all HI Expresses were equal - I now know that is not the case.

Parking, as ever, is a nightmare here - made worse by the fact that the car park is undergoing renovation- cue a tight reverse out of the car park, under the instruction to park in the Carphone Warehouse across the road because that's 'what we do'.

I checked in at 8.30pm, expecting to go to my room, dump my gear and head down for some food. I went for food at 9.15pm only to be told that I'd missed it by 15 minutes! Ridiculous! What sort of crummy restaurant only serves until 9? This was made worse by the fact that I hadn't been told this when I checked in, or I'd have gone down earlier!

Anyway, in short - not terrible, but still a bit of a failure in some respects.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank matteh-2006
Thank you for taking the time and trouble to write a review further to your recent stay. and I am so sorry to hear that your experience could have been better. Must apologise for the problem you encountered at dinner. Your feedback has been shared with the departmental managers for their review and action. I do hope you will give us another try and please do contact me directly on s.akbas@exhiwimbledon.co.uk

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

Close to tube station
Clean rooms and facilities
Quiet area
Nice staff at reception and breakfast are
I will definitely sleep here in the future.
I certify that this review is based on my own experience and is my genuine opinion of this hotel, and that I have no personal or business relationship with this establishment,

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank CosminGliga
Thank you for your recent review and I was delighted to learn you had an enjoyable stay with us. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Wembury
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013

This is a very clean efficient hotel with friendly staff; ideal for a short stay. There is a large car park which is relatively cheap. The Underground Station is on the other side of the road and it takes about thirty minutes to central London.

The room was modern and the bathroom excellent.

I did not like the waterproof cover on the mattress.

The food was expensive and not very good.

Room Tip: 3rd Floor rooms are newly built
1 Thank Seascape20
ExHiWimbledonSouth, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express London-Wimbledon-South, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your stay at Holiday Inn Express Wimbledon South.I am delighted that you found all our team friendly and efficient.I was however concerned to read your comments about the food. I have shared your feedback with my team and thank you once again for your review. We do hope to see you again soon.

Rawtenstall, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013

We stayed here for a weekend to visit London we chose it from its positive reviews and found the hotel and its staff fantastic. When we arrived we were greeted by an extremely cheerful man on reception and guided to the secure parking under the hotel. I didn't have an issue paying the £10 a night for the parking as it was so secure, the cars being kept in a shuttered car park you can only access by buzzing reception. We then checked in very efficiently and directed to our room, it was a really good size and very clean. The bed is very comfortable and we slept well both nights. The hotel is next door to a lovely pub with a great beer garden. The proximity of the tube station is a huge bonus but colliers wood itself is a lovely area with lots of families. There is also a few local restaurants that looked nice and a big sainsburys and M and S within a short stroll. The breakfast is ok but for the price you pay per night you don't expect haute cuisine. If we come back down to London again we will certainly look at staying here again.

1 Thank carriefi
Thank you much for lovely review about the hotel and the team.It is always motivating for all of us to receive positive feedback about the level of service that have been delivered.I have taken the opportunity of reading your kind comments in our morning meeting. Thank you once again and I do hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel at some point in the future.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2013

Stayed here for one night ,excellent hotel clean staff friendly,its in a great location if you want to tour London right opposite the tube station that will get you into the heart of London.The only thing is it costs you £10 a day to park in car park which I think is a bit much.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
ExHiWimbledonSouth, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express London-Wimbledon-South, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Dear Loly4

I was delighted to read your recent review and so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for your constructive feedback. As you are aware it is a very secure car park and can only be accessed by hotel guests.I do hope we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back very soon. Kind regards, Seyda Akbas General Manager