Well that is the big question. I stayed in PI on Monday and HI on Tuesday
Simple answer is if this is same price stay here.
There are 150 rooms on 3 floors but in a very odd U shape with the most vile grey wallpapered pillars in the way . They really are awful.
The rooms are nicer than P I. Better TVs. The beds are smaller and lower and thats suited me. I dont like the very high beds in the PI rooms. The decor is nicer and best of all the bathroom knocks spots of the PI. I especially liked the blue low level lights. No being blinded in middle of the night.
Simple one touch locks to get in the room.
Bonus - Breakfast is included so that saves £6 on PI. Its nothing special but coffee toast and scrammbled eggs was fine for me. PI breakfasts seemed to be ignored due to cost.
Downside. NO FREE WIFI not even in the bar. no stupid is that and its £7 for 24 hors whereas PI is free 30 minutes then £3 for 24 hours. For most people the 30 mins is enough to check your email or facebook. upside £g coverage was good so I just used my phone. I could have used the free wifi in the pub next door.
Overall HI is much nicer than PI. I would always prefer HI but company pays so its all down to price. Prem INN prices vary wildly depending how far in advance you book. HI seems to be £99 as standard but cheaper vai Hot deals hotel .com etc
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whether your journey to London is for business or pleasure, Express by Holiday Inn London Wimbledon South is the ideal base.A modern hotel conversion with 83 air-conditioned, non smoking, stylish, modern bedrooms all with TV, tea/coffee making facilities, power shower. Situated opposite Colliers Wood underground station on the Northern Line, journeys to Waterloo are only 20 minutes away and to Leicester Square 30 minutes. For guests travelling from Heathrow or Gatwick by car, the A3 link to the M25 makes the journey from the Airport 40 minutes. The hotel has a secured underground car park, the charge per night is 7.00Our hotel bar is open seven days a week. We offer takeaway services from the local restaurants and you can dine within the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ctrip TA, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, IHG, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, getaroom.com, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Holiday Inn Express London-Wimbledon-South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express London-Wimbledon-South Hotel London
- Holiday Inn London
- Holiday Inn Express London-Wimbledon-South England