Our family stayed here for two nights on a short holiday in London. It was a bit out of the central London area (about a half hour's train ride from the theater district). One thing to note - the hotel is actually near the Collier's Wood tube station, not Wimbledon as we had thought from its name. The room had decent space for the four of us (2 adults, 1 teenager, 1 younger) and was clean. When we checked in, we had to wait for at least 10 minutes while the only clerk was on the phone handling a reservation problem. That was annoying, but finally a manager came over to check us in. The rooms were alright, although strangely our bedsheets were not fitted and kept coming off the bed. Otherwise the beds were pretty comfortable. We had a small problem opening the safe int he room, but the manager came up quickly to resolve it (oddly, he could have told us what to do over the phone, but came up instead.) The breakfast buffet was standard and included cereals, breads, and a little fruit. Overall it was a decent place to stay out of the main central area, for less than the exorbitant prices you pay closer to the center of London.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whether your journey to London is for business or pleasure, Express by Holiday Inn London Wimbledon South is the ideal base.A modern hotel conversion with 83 air-conditioned, non smoking, stylish, modern bedrooms all with TV, tea/coffee making facilities, power shower. Situated opposite Colliers Wood underground station on the Northern Line, journeys to Waterloo are only 20 minutes away and to Leicester Square 30 minutes. For guests travelling from Heathrow or Gatwick by car, the A3 link to the M25 makes the journey from the Airport 40 minutes. The hotel has a secured underground car park, the charge per night is 7.00Our hotel bar is open seven days a week. We offer takeaway services from the local restaurants and you can dine within the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Holiday Inn Express London-Wimbledon-South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express London-Wimbledon-South Hotel London
- Holiday Inn London
- Holiday Inn Express London-Wimbledon-South England