Recently refurbished, very clean and swish inside. Fast pleasant check in. We were given what appears to be a disabled room, 237, which is larger than most it seems, from the plan on the back of the door anyway.
Only gripe with the room was noise from service lift next to the room, which was noisy until early evening and again at 7am onwards. A lot of creaking and juddering noises from this. I was awake at 7 anyway, but could disturb someone wanting a lie in. But that was just this particular room and I am sure if we had asked we could have moved.
Breakfast choice is limited as per all HI Express, but perfectly adequate for a budget hotel. I don't understand why they have beans, sausages and scrambled egg but not bacon at HI Expresses, a bit bizarre, but not just this hotel but all in the chain. Shortage of glasses and forks a little silly thing that could easily be rectified, shouldn't be having to wait for such things to come from the dishwasher. However I have refrained from marking it down for this, but 4.5 would be a fair score. Also 10am seems early for breakfast finish time on a Sunday. There were lots of people still queuing up at this time. 1030 would seem better.
The decor and interior though is better than most budget hotels. Location is excellent, there are plenty of shops and restaurants within a mile or so, including a massive Sainsbury's and M&S just over the road. Position to Colliers Wood underground is also excellent. 30 mins into Waterloo.
Really pleased with our choice, excellent value for money and exceeded our expectations. Just some attention to the little silly things like forks and glasses at breakfast would improve matters!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whether your journey to London is for business or pleasure, Express by Holiday Inn London Wimbledon South is the ideal base.A modern hotel conversion with 83 air-conditioned, non smoking, stylish, modern bedrooms all with TV, tea/coffee making facilities, power shower. Situated opposite Colliers Wood underground station on the Northern Line, journeys to Waterloo are only 20 minutes away and to Leicester Square 30 minutes. For guests travelling from Heathrow or Gatwick by car, the A3 link to the M25 makes the journey from the Airport 40 minutes. The hotel has a secured underground car park, the charge per night is 7.00Our hotel bar is open seven days a week. We offer takeaway services from the local restaurants and you can dine within the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, HotelTravel.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Holiday Inn Express London-Wimbledon-South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express London-Wimbledon-South Hotel London
- Holiday Inn London
- Holiday Inn Express London-Wimbledon-South England