“Great Location and good overall experience”

Holiday Inn London - Regent's Park
Ranked #390 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed September 23, 2013

Having read some of the TA reviews, I had decided not to book this hotel, however, I booked a top secret hotel with Last Minute and after booking was advised this was the hotel which I was not best pleased about. Two reasons, one I had already decided not to use it because of the reviews and two the cost was £140 per night from Last Minute, when I could purchase direct from the hotel for £137. However, Last Minute did honour their price guarantee and refunded me the difference, but this did not really make me feel good about Last Minute stating that hotels are up to 35% reduced. HOWEVER, after this disconcerting start, I can say that the stay at the HI went without hitch, we rolled up at 11 am and were allowed to check in early rather than just leave bags. We left bags after checkout and collected later with no problems. The room was as expected, bathroom a little small, but clean tidy and very little wear, coffee and tea provided. All the staff we dealt with were very helpful and pleasant. The location was superb with GT Portland Street under 5 minutes walk away (and I am over 60) and Regents Park under 10 minutes. We used both depending on which suited the tube we started from. There were enough restaurants in the locality and as I don't really eat big breakfast we did not book it at the hotel but just a short way away there is a lovely cafe called Kiko which provided excellent full english for my husband £5.50 and I could have poached egg on toast for £3.50 and the coffee was really good (unfortunately not open on Sundays). Used the Istanbul cafe near the station for breakfast on the Sunday and this was also good.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 22, 2013

At first I though this hotel is located a bit out of the way but it turned out to be a good location.

Check in was a bit awkward as I had made a reservation and then had to make an earlier arrival which had to be done as a separate reservation. When I arrived, they said I would have to change rooms after the second night to get the original room I wanted. I was OK with that and accepted a two twin bed room to start but when entered the room, it was not properly made up. After calling to advise them of the issue, they came and said that they now made a room available for me to my original booking requirement and I would not need to change rooms. Why couldn't they have done that from the start then? One might ask.

The new room was a bit worn (as was the first room). The wood work was bang up and the desk surfaces were scratched up. Bathroom was a bit dated. The bed and pillows were not very comfortable but bearable for the stay.

Tube stations were a bit of a walk from the hotel and being that the hotel is not on a main road, you can wait a while before a taxi shows up.

The upside is that the area is nice. You can walk to some good low key restaurants and pubs.

I would stay here again but would look elsewhere for options.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn London - Regent's Park, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2013

Dear SteviusNY,

We appreciate you taking the time to make us aware of your experience during your recent stay. It is pleasing to know you like our hotel location. Kindly accept our sincere apologies for the areas where we have fallen short of your expectations particularly with room accommodations and staff service. Please rest assured that appropriate steps are being taken to avoid any recurrence.

Thanks again for your comments. We hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you should your travels bring you back our way.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for 2 nights in sept 2013, the hotel is in a good location 2 mins walk to nearest tube with regents park 5 mins walk away. The room was clean and modern and an adequate size the bathroom was small but adequate for a short break, the food was very good, had dinner on first night and breakfast which had plenty of good food to choice from. The staff at this hotel are excellent, always happy to help with anything, would defiantly stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank lindachurms
Reviewed September 21, 2013

Stayedd here a couple of nights on a part business / part break basis. Room was entirely practical, and location pretty good for Oxford Street. Breakfast was functional, food good with a fairly god choice, but don't expect this to be anything more than it is. This is a functional chain hotel with standard service and breakfast. Good for business, families on a budget, but don't take your partner here on a honeymoon or romantic break!

Room Tip: Go for higher floors to avoid street noise
1  Thank Jeztwyning
Reviewed September 16, 2013

Booked this hotel for a concert in Wembley.ideal location only 3 tube stops with no changes. Pub with good food nearby too, the green man. No complaints really except the price of the breakfasts, although it was very nice never worth £14.staff we're very helpful ans beds very comfortable. Would definitely stay again

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed September 16, 2013

Good location, clean comfortable rooms. Disappointed on arriving 45 mins after our given check in time to find our rooms weren't yet ready for us, not a great start but we were given drinks vouchers to compensate which were appreciated. All in all, a nice hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 15, 2013

I am really struggling to find more than a single positive feature about this hotel. I found its location quite convenient for my business event organised in September 2013.
My pre-booked room (which was executive) was very small and the bathroom tiny but that was just a beginning of my disappointment and frustration.
Less than a week after my stay I contacted the hotel regarding my lost property (a phone charger). The staff were struggling to communicate in sensible English, failed to take my address and refused to confirm the CC charge for the P&P. Obviously, I denied to supply my CC details and wrote an online request to the hotel manager - so far this has been completely ignored. I would never stay there again.

1  Thank S K
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn London - Regent's Park, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2013

Dear S K,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay at the Holiday Inn London Regents Park, England. I would like to address this with you further. I have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Dhan M