“Ripped off!”

Holiday Inn London - Regent's Park
Ranked #387 of 1,076 Hotels in London
Reviewed December 9, 2012

We bought this hotel through Expedia, secret Hotels.. I worked out the Location, and narrowed it down by price and Amenities, and when I worked out the hotel, I booked it.. only to find it was a completely different hotel that wasn't even in the options, It wasn't in the Location with hardly any of the amenities described...then it dawned on me that I did secret Hotel with Expedia in Paris earlier this year, and that ended up being a Holiday Inn.. i'm thinking secret partnership!
Anyway! Really disppointed with this hotel, Location Ok, but not brilliant! the Bathroom was the smallest I have ever seen, and the bath was not full length,
The hair dryer was intermittent, and the chair my partner sat on, had a screw spiking up through the upholstery..ripping her trousers and drawing blood.
it is clean, but at 9am the maid decided to let herself into our room while we still in bed..
The room itself was so small, so not very nice... I assume that the four stars are purely for the amount of rooms it has, and not for the quality..the bed was horrendous, and noise from other rooms constant.. it felt at best a glorified YMCA, and that is being generous.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Simon H, General Manager at Holiday Inn London - Regent's Park, responded to this reviewResponded December 15, 2012

Dear magoo29272,

I am really sorry to hear that you were so disappointed by the Hotel and by the booking agent. I think it is important to point out that the Expedia are associated with many hotel companies and the secret Hotels is not in any way exclusive to Holiday Inn.

I appreciate your positive comments about the cleanliness but also take on board all of the other feedback. I was very concerned to read that you had encountered issues with the staff and the rooms and naturally have been working with my Team to understand more. However, I could not find any complaint or report made to us during your stay?

Please be assured that we take all of your feedback very seriously and with that in mind, please feel free to contact either myself or Edward, my Hotel Manager ,directly at the Hotel.

Kind regards

Reviewed December 9, 2012

In London over the weekend with friends & stayed here due it's great location. Tube station, Great Portland Street, is less than 2 minutes walk away and being on the Circle Line means that most places of interest are literally within easy reach.

Rooms are clean and tidy, bed comfortable. Only criticism would be that the rooms are on the small side. We were in an Executive room.

Another bonus is the breakfast. £13 each is a little expensive but food was hot and very tasty.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Steve D
Simon H, General Manager at Holiday Inn London - Regent's Park, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2012

Dear Kellyjjj,

I am really sorry to hear that you had such a negative experience and that you were disturbed by other travellers in the Hotel.

I would like to learn more about how you were disturbed and also if we had the opportunity to do anything when it was reported to us. Please feel free to contact either Myself or Edward, my Hotel Manager and we would be happy to listen.

Speak to you soon

Reviewed December 9, 2012

Whether my stay was ruined by being surrounded by noisy disrespectful guests I don't know?? Surely their rooms were the same as mine...people would walk down corridors on a Sunday morning chatting at 7.30 wheeling their cases. All heard. The door has a gap under it. The toilet doors are fire doors, if the person next to me shut the door it would have been better but they left it to slam...overall I'm tired and grumpy and need to go home to bed! Had a great night out in London for my 30th birthday but hotel ruined my shopping trip the Sunday as I just went home to peace! I have a better lie in at home with two children than this noisy hotel.

• Stayed: December 2012
Simon H, General Manager at Holiday Inn London - Regent's Park, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2012

Dear Kellyjjj,

Speak to you soon

Reviewed December 5, 2012

Great Holiday Inn. Upon arrival we were greated by Dana who was extremely friendly and helpful. We were also extremely happy that we had been upgraded to an executive suite free of charge. In terms of the room, it was spotless, provided good tea making facilities and even had a variety of magazines, a dressing gown and slippers which we thought was a very nice touch. The bar staff were also very friendly and even changed the tv channel in the bar area for us as we didn't want to watch the news. Nothing seemed like too much bother for the staff and they were all so friendly. In terms of location the hotel was great as it was just near Great Portland Street Station. We had a great stay and will definitely be recommending the hotel to others. Thank you for a wonderful stay and keep up the good work!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ClaireJayneJ

What a great review! It certainly sounds like we did all the right things to make your City visit a success.

I am always really pleased to hear such positive things about the Team and how they were able to help you and make you feel welcome.

I know I speak on behalf of all the Team to wish you a Merry Christmas and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Warmest Winter wishes

Simon & the Team

Reviewed December 4, 2012

Everything in this place is cheap, except the price.

GBP 150 per night, excluding breakfast, excluding wifi. Need to buy vouchers for breakfast like in a youth hostel. Sound concrete decor. Complete rip-off.

Room Tip: Stay away from this hotel
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Robbert B

Robbert B,

I am really disappointed to read that you feel so negatively about our Hotel. We have a variety of rates available, some that include breakfast and some that don't. My Front Office team offer the breakfast vouchers to anyone who has booked on a "Room only" basis at a discounted rate to add a little more value to their stay. It's a shame that you think this has cheapens your experience, as we have received loads of great comments about the vouchers since implementing the scheme.

We are constantly reviewing our rates to ensure that we are in line with our surrounding area and our neighbouring Hotel partners. To learn more about this policy, you can visit our website and look at our "best flex rate" for more details.

Regards

Reviewed December 2, 2012

Was very surprised with this hotel 15minute walk to Oxford street also in walking distance to theatres etc Faults for us was that the mattress was extremely hard but that is only what we are used too. Bathroom very small could do with updating.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ali0763

Hi Ali0763,

Thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel. It sounds like you had a great stay and I am sure that the Team will be really pleased to read your review, as I know they are all avid followers of Tripadvisor here at Regent's Park.

As you could tell from the rest of the Hotel, we have been busy ploughing investment into the building over the last 24 months. The bedrooms are our very next focus and I look forward to confirming our plans with travellers in early 2013. I appreciate your feedback about the bathroom and will be sure to pass this on.

Have a great Christmas!

Simon & the Team

Reviewed December 1, 2012

The hotel is set back behind Great Portland Street tube station and 10-15 mins from Euston station. There are some small quiet reasonably (for London) priced restaurants in streets just around the corner and proper English pubs too. The breakfast certainly isn't worth the price and there are cafes serving English breakfast or a pret a manger within 2 mins walk so no point paying to eat in the hotel. Regents park 2 min walk and there were people jogging there in the morning

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank Manc_Mummy
Simon H, General Manager at Holiday Inn London - Regent's Park, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2012

Hi Manc_Mummy and thank you for your review.

It's great to read that you found our Hotel to be so central and well located. It does sound like it was a good base for you to get around the City and experience our great neighbourhood that you mentioned.

I notice that you gave us 5 stars for cleanliness and location, thank you! I know that Kelly and her Team will be pleased to hear that their hard work is not going unnoticed. However, It's a pity that you feel that we didn't represent value for money with our Breakfast. We feel that it isn't just your average Breakfast and we have some nice little extras like freshly made pancakes and eggs cooked just the way you like them. Maybe next time you can give it a try?

We hope to see you soon.

Best wishes