“Nice welcome, small rooms, good breakfast.”

Holiday Inn London - Regent's Park
Ranked #388 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed October 29, 2012

Just spent 3 nights at this hotel on a leisure trip.
First impressions were very good as the front desk team were very welcoming and friendly and gave us an upgrade to an executive room.
On arriving at the room I was very pleased with this upgrade as even this room was very small, anything else would be minimal in the extreme ! My guess is that the main difference is probably just down to the exec rooms having mini bars.
Didn't use the restaurant other than for breakfast as we ate out every day but the breakfasts were very good and unusually for many hotels the quantity of food on offer remained good right up to the closure of service.
Picking up on a few points from other reviewers I would say that the hotel rooms do not particularly suffer from noise from the street but the reception area is very bland and clinical and suffers from having the bar one floor up. We struggled a little with room heater settings but overall the hotel delivers decent value when taking it's London location into account.

Room Tip: The hotel recognises it's loyalty members very well.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank 18SCFC83
Simon H, General Manager at Holiday Inn London - Regent's Park, responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2012

Thank you for sharing your feedback Gary K. Its is really important for us to understand what it is that our guests enjoy and indeed what they don't.

I am pleased that you were able to get an upgrade at check-in and would like to take this opportunity to clarify about the room size. All of our bedrooms share the same the footprint and as such, the executive rooms can be distinguished by their larger flat screen TV, upgraded toiletries and other complimentary items including, bathrobes, magazines, water and confectionery to name but a few. All of our 332 bedrooms have a fully stocked mini bar for our guest's enjoyment and convenience.

We are really fortunate to be so centrally located yet just far enough away from the "hustle and bustle" of the busy nearby main roads. We are mainly surrounded by residential property and a proportion of our rooms face inwards into the centre of the building which illimitable a lot of ambient noise. I am glad that you found this to be a positive feature as have a lot of travellers already this year.

Our breakfast buffet is prepared throughout the morning by our team of Chef's and displayed in deliberately smaller containers to ensure that all of the food is at it's best for all of our guest's. Thank you for noticing, I know Stewart and his team will be pleased to hear this.

Thank you for your feedback about the bar location and Lobby décor, I will be sure to share this with the team

We hope to see you again soon

Simon

Write a ReviewReviews (2,368)

Reviewed October 28, 2012

Good clean hotel with spacious rooms and great breakfasts. We were fortunate to have an inside room and heard no traffic noise whatsoever, only from other guests arriving back and chatting loudly outside out room at 3am and also other guests either arriving or leaving, but this only lasted a short time, so we were able to get back off to sleep easily. I would recommend this hotel and would stay here again, as it is literally 2-3 minutes from Great Portland Street tube station.

Room Tip: 5th floor is away from the A/C units and also an internal room that faces the atrium are the quieter...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Chelly0412

Dear Chelly0412.

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay with us here at Regent's Park. I am very happy to hear that you had such a good stay and that you were able to take advantage of our great location!

I am glad to hear that you would recommend the Hotel to others and that you enjoyed the breakfast so much, as this has been a real focus for us recently.

We hope to see you again very soon!

Warm regards

Reviewed October 28, 2012

When I was booking a hotel for our trip I had to rely on the reviews as it was our first time to London. Since the reviews I read for this hotel were mixed, I was a bit concerned. The location and price were ideal so I thought I'd take a chance. The staff was friendly and our room was clean. The bar/restaurant was also a plus. My husband and I would stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank liketotravl

Hi liketotravl, thank you for sharing your feedback here on trip advisor.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay so much and even more so that you would think about staying with us again. We have received lots of really positive comments about our great location and I am pleased that you also found this to be a bonus when choosing a Hotel in London.

I will be sure to pass on your comments about the staff and I know that they will be happy to have been of service to you and your Husband.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Simon.

Reviewed October 25, 2012

We booked this 4 star hotel because it was close to Regent's Park tube station but also because it is only a short stroll down Great Portland Street to Oxford Street. We flew from Sydney and it is a 22 hour flight so I rang the hotel before we left to see if they could allow us into our room about 9am as we had arrived at Heathrow at 7am and would be dog tired. Normally the rooms are available at 2pm but it was no trouble for them and they had a quiet rear room ready for us.
This is a good hotel well situated and quiet with a good staff and nice,clean modern rooms even though the building may be some 30 years old. The breakfasts were enormous and filling with quality food so we would recommend this hotel also- try the great italian restaurant Delmartinos nearby but book in as it is very popular and the food is great quality

Room Tip: ask for a room towards the rear
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank maxpress1

Thank you so much for your review maxpress1. I was really pleased to hear that my Team were so accomodating and that you found the Hotel and our facilities to your liking.

Here at Regent's Park, we realise the importance of a great start to any day. So I am particularly pleased that you enjoyed your breakfast as we have been working really hard to get this "just right" for our guests.

We hope to see you again very soon

“Excelle

Reviewed October 17, 2012

Walking distance to everything!
Very nice, clean and relatively new.
room size good for London too.
Breakfast surprisingly good (and Starbucks across the street).
I have a priority club membership and got upgraded to an executive room.
Late check out rate was reasonable

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank AviD42

Dear AviD42,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with other would be travellers and also for your continued loyalty as a Priority Club member.

We have received loads of great comments about our location and breakfast from other customers, so it is good to hear that you felt the same way.

Hope to see you again soon.

Warmest regards

Reviewed October 16, 2012

I returned to stay here for the 3rd time when visiting London with family. The hotel doesn't look very exciting from the outside as its an older London building, the lobby is just your bog standard hotel entrance and the check in service we got each time was quick and efficient.
This hotel is a bit overly priced, however the location of it and the closeness to the tube lines make it convenient for visiting London.
We've never had any problems with staying here and will no doubt return time and time again due to location :)

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank Scottishlass19

Thank you Scottishlass19 for your review and for choosing our Hotel again for your return visit to London.

I am pleased that you were able to check in so smoothly and I know that Anil and his team will be pleased to have been of service to you. We constantly review our rates to ensure that they are both competitive and comparable within our market, however, please be assured that I will escalate your feedback. For our best deals and most current offers, please visit our hotel website for further details.

We hope to see you again for next visit and please feel free to ask for me if you require any assistance.

Reviewed October 14, 2012

So...

It takes 20 mins to check into this Holiday Inn Regents Park for my prepaid and confirmed booked double no smoking room at nearly midnight - lots of 'we are full, sorry.' Then, 'We might have a single, but no double.' Lots of 'Wait there' leaving me hanging around. Eventually the duty manager thrusts a complimentary drinks voucher across the desk and tells (not asks, tells) me to go to the bar and have a drink. I reply 'I don't want a drink because I'm not thirsty - I want the double bed I pre-booked and paid for because it's midnight and I'm really tired!'

Eventually I'm offered a room. I go up. I swear it's a smoking room - smells that way anyway. The smell is not terrible so I think 'sod it I'm tired.' I wonder why the windows are open but think 'hey I like a cold room.' I go to the bathroom, notice some water on the floor but mop it up with a towel and return to the bedroom. I sit on the bed and take my shoes off. Walk back to the door and suddenly notice my feet are very, VERY wet! I look at the carpet and realise it is sopping, completely soaked - splashing wet! Now I realise why the window was open - they've been trying to dry the room! ie they knew about this! Another 20 mins and several difficult discussions, including one with the duty manager who is clearly lying that she knew nothing of the water sodden floor even though she entered the room and immediately glanced nervously at the carpet.

I'm eventually moved to a double no smoking room - amazing that they miraculously found one - with dry carpet (although me still very wet feet). Pissed off and v tired - wishing I'd left my dinner meeting before pudding and trained it home! The duty manager said she was stressed - I sort of sympathised but hey, her role related anxiety isn't really my responsibility is it? She asked for my card with my email address on and promised to email me the next day with a written apology and a free 2 night stay (even though I'm unlikely to return to this particular hotel ever!).

Three days later and guess what? No email apology. No offer of a 2 night stay. And you know what else...

...no repeat business either!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank ChrisLake
Simon H, General Manager at Holiday Inn London - Regent's Park, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2012

Dear ChrisLake

I am very sorry to learn about your experience and would like to assure you that it was bought to my attention prior to reading your online review. I am aware that my Guest Relations Manager, Laura, has already sent a communication to you and at this stage is awaiting a response.

Please feel free to contact my Hotel Manager, Edward Adshead, whom I know will be happy to discuss your issues with you directly.