See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed September 19, 2017 via mobile

After reading some bad reviews I was a little apprehensive on arrival, but although the rooms are very small, the bed was clean and towels fresh and the breakfast was adequate. Only downside was the stairs, our rooms were right at the top and no lift.

Stayed: September 2017, traveled with friends
1  Thank Cath J
Reviewed September 11, 2017

The location was great. Round the corner from the tube station, plenty of cafes, restaurants and shops. But out the way enough to be quiet at night.
Room was very small. Normally that wouldn't bother me as i was only staying for one night and checking out in the early morning. But also the bed was quite small (im 6'4"), the shower only gave cold water and leaked all of the water onto the floor. After flushing the toilet, the contents of the toilet would bubble out from the shower plug-hole!
No wifi (that i knew of).

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled solo
3  Thank Mistermark_21
Reviewed August 30, 2017 via mobile

Myself and 3 of my friends stayed here for 2 nights over August bank holiday weekend. The first night we stayed in a beautiful hotel then the next 2 nights we stayed at palace court hotel. At £256 for 4 people I was not expecting 5* by any means but I was at least expecting a standard room. Well from the minute we got there, the woman at the front desk was so rude, asked for more money. Continued to laugh throughout our check in for no obvious reason. We booked for bed and breakfast, she then told us we had to book a slot for breakfast and could not just turn up. (Time slots available were 7:30am-8:00am).
I informed her that there was no information about this on the website and we really did not want to get up that early, she told us that basically we had no choice and while trying to discuss this with her she decided instead to ignore us and answer the phone. Customer service was disgusting. We ended up getting up early, we should not have bothered, the breakfast was beyond basic, and the breakfast room was like a prison cell.
We went up to our room, which was gross. The room was like a furnace, and the noise outside was ridiculous. The shower was hanging off which meant holding it over your head while you showered, I say 'showered' I mean while the water dribbled over you.
The next morning myself and my friend woke up with bites all over our bodies from sleeping in the beds, to be honest this was not a surprise as the beds did not look like they had been changed since 1934.
The hotel was a hell hole. Please do not stay here!

Stayed: August 2017, traveled with friends
3  Thank Quest729214
Reviewed August 14, 2017

wow where to start....
the mrs decided to book this place blind, we had no idea of the bad reviews so had no idea what to expect, when we walked in the reception staff wanted more money even though we had paid online, that went on for a while eventually we were allowed to our room, as we walked up the stairs we came across random debris strewn all over the place, apple cores happily rotting away paint chipped away on bannisters and A LOT of dirt everywhere, so we thought lets not judge from this, the rooms may be better.........we were wrong, the room was slightly larger than a double bed, and was absolutely filthy, the remote was completely engrained with dirt, the headboard for the bed was actually a table with the legs cut off??, two of the power outlets didn't work and moved when you tried to plug anything in, there was an extension lead however it only worked if you prodded it a few times, we tried to turn on the lamp provided but that just fizzed and then died, when we turned on the main room light it was full of the corpses of bugs that had found their way in to die!!, if that wasn't bad enough we then found blood on the curtains!!!
when we went down for breakfast we were first greeted by a man on a ladder looking at a light fitting full of water, instead of fixing the leak he just happily covered the hole with masking tape and ambled off.....I was speechless, however it was time for the "continental breakfast"....that consisted of toast....cheese slices and tomato....that was it, not one to complain I thought that's fine we can have some toast so proceed to grill some only to discover there's only one knife, and its been used! and to top it all off we have been bitten by fleas from there!!!

the mrs will never be allowed to book a hotel again, avoid at all costs!!!

Room Tip: save yourself some pain and book elsewhere!!
  • Stayed: August 2017, traveled as a couple
2  Thank sion m
Reviewed May 21, 2017 via mobile

I booked the room via booking.com a few months ago and read their reviews at the time. It wasn't until the day before I was due to check in that I read the reviews on here. You can imagine my horror. I really wasn't sure that I was going to check in at all. I'm glad I did. This hotel is in a great location, you really can't fault that. The hotel is 2 star and as long as your expectations are realistic you won't be disappointed. The room was clean. It was small and a little tatty but cleanliness is really all I'm expecting for a budget hotel. The only thing I would say is that the water didn't drain away in the shower very well so I could only have a one minute shower or it would have overflowed. If there are two of you sharing a room you would have to wait 10 mins or so for the shower tray to drain before the next person can have their 1 minute shower.

Stayed: May 2017, traveled solo