“The worst hotel I've ever stayed in”

Hyde Park Court Hotel
Ranked #966 of 1,063 Hotels in London
Manchester, United Kingdom
“The worst hotel I've ever stayed in”
Reviewed December 7, 2011

If I'd paid £20 a night for this I'd have felt robbed. The room was filthy, the furniture damaged, no chair for the 'writing desk', the curtains don't cover the windows and you can't shut the door if you want to use the toilet in the plastic 'en suite'. Breakfast if you are lucky enough to get served consists of 'toast with eggs fried'. Shocking, and an embarrasment to London ahead of the Olympics. Unfortunately Trip Adviser won't let me score it as zero, otherwise I would.

Room Tip: Avoid at all costs
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Dave W

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
  • Arabic first
Llandudno, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 27, 2011

Very dirty room and the worst breakfast in my life.I was there first and last time.Photos in internet are diferent than I saw in "hotel".I"ll never back there!!!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these London hotels

Reviewed October 14, 2011

We had booked and paid for 2 rooms at this hotel on wotif.com.au The reception was good however just looking at the run down stairs should have told us what this would be like. I don't know how u can get your luggage up the stairs for one. One room was in lvl 1 (twin). It was scary with the door not shutting, beds that are not at any standard and the bathroom was like the worst cabin bathroom on a cruiseboot. There was essentially no showerstall and a toilet. There is no way somebody could even get dressed in here and for us the room was for two girls. We then ventured to the other room on the fourth floor on narrow steep staircases. The fourth staircase was in the dark and the rooms in like an attic. Pictures of this hotel are misleading and it's disgusting that they are charging 20 pounds less than a 4 star hotel 3 blocks away. Can't even begin to say how disappointing this was. Should be more than 50 pounds a night!!

• Stayed October 2011
Scarborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 29, 2011

We travel a lot and have stayed in our fair share of budget hotels, this one is our 2nd worst ever. We booked through booking.com and there are some good reviews on there, these are not to be believed and I would question if they were written by genuine travelers.
The communal area outside our room smelt of urine, thankfully our room had a window which was open as it was warm during our stay so the air was better in there. We left the window open to keep the air fresh and also because we scared of closing it, the pane of glass was cracked and the rotten sashes looked like if you tried to move it the whole thing might just fall out.
The bed was not a full size double (I doubt the room would fit one) and as it was pushed up to the window with no room at the bottom it meant that my partner had to climb over me if he needed the loo in the middle of the night, not good for me or him.
The bathroom was tiny, it was not possible to close the door whilst on the toilet and you literally had one foot in the shower, it was so small that you couldn't re-dress in there and had to negotiate the step from the cubicle with your trousers around your ankles and re-dress in the room, the basin was very old and surrounding areas were dirty.
Don't be deceived by the pictures, it does look very nice from the outside but the inside is another world altogether, that's said the location was fantastic, I would stay in this area again but NOT AT THIS HOTEL!!!

Room Tip: Stay in a different hotel!!
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Worcester, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 21, 2011

I'm like a lot of people and I only review when I have something bad to say about a place, but if you do contemplate staying here please believe these reviews.The place is a complete cesspit!

I stayed one night and believe me it was one night too long. I'm also a student so I am used to staying in some pretty grim places.

The reception looked clean and was a nice area to be in, then as soon as you crossed through the door leading to the rooms it was like crossing into the land that time and cleanliness forgot. Luckily I had a cold and therefore no sense of smell but I was informed by my sister that it did in fact smell

When we got to our room we were speechless, it was dark, tiny and disgusting. The carpet had some interesting grime piles and the walls had black marks or possibly holes in (to be honest I didnt fancy taking a loser look I felt ignorance was bliss). The bathroom was so small that you couldn't shut the door when you sat down to do your buisness,and you had to check no one could see you as you did a lovely little jig whilst trying to wipe and maintain some dignity,

The shower was a bit of a let down. It was lukewarm, about as powerful as being dribbled on, and for some reason I couldnt coax the shower head into pointing towards me I did try to fiddle with it but it looked close to falling out the wall so I felt it best to leave it alone.

The bed's were nicely made but I was only brave enough to peel back one the throw when I spotted something that looked disturbingly like nibble marks on my blanket. I presume that one of the guests had already experienced the taste sensation that was the "breakfast" and felt it was wise to fill upon the bedding before tackling that mornings brekkie. I refer to breakfast as a taste sensation because my egg did have taste but left me with a nauseous sensation. But the young lady who served us was lovely and smiley.

If your thinking of staying please just take my advice and dont.

Room Tip: Dont bother with the whole place
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank Keefe F
Fakenham, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 12, 2011

I got bedroom B03 with my boyfriend. Someone already write sth about it. I paid 100 pounds for not comfortable bed, blocked sink and noise from underground... I know that London is not cheap but for 100 £ i will get sth lots better. What i can say- if you have any other choise dont go in there....

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ruda55
Istanbul
Reviewed September 6, 2011

Because of my job, I travel a lot. This is the worst hotel that I ve ever stayed!!!
Not clean, small rooms, prefabric wc, unfriendly reception-management, uncomfortable beds, dirty bed covers, mouldy breads at breakfast, etc...It is at nortfolk square, there are many other nice places to stay. But not this one!!!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple