Lincoln House Hotel
galahotels.com
$288
$279
  • Restaurant
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed December 4, 2011

Based on very good reviews on Tripadvisor, we really looked forward to visit this hotel. I knew there were small bathrooms etc.... But the bathrooms are VERY small, and I was very disappointed that it was not as clean as I expected (based on the reviews) The boy in the reception was very sweet, but he did not know the way to Madam Tussauds, which is right round the corner! Our luggage was delayed and arrived at the hotel 24 hours later than us, but we did not get a message from the reception. After calling the airport they told us where it was. Reception told us they had called our room, but I do not think that is enough. We are not in London to sit in our room waiting for our luggage! We both had cellphones and a note on our door would be better. Telling the reception this was just waste of time, he did not want to understand.Also the breakfast is much better around the corner. When all this is said I must say that the location is very good, but I will not stay here again because of that since there are plenty of other hotels around.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed December 1, 2011

Very welcoming. Very Very Clean . In a excellent location just five min walk from Hyde Park< Oxford St and Madame Tussards. Rooms comfortable with air con tv phone and mini fridge. Shower room small but ok for 1 night stay, Near to Marble Arch Tube or Baker Street. Would recommended.

Room Tip: rooms 4 & 5 on ground floor at back of hotel very quiet, room 31 at front of hotel with window but on road traffic noise
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 29, 2011

A lovely old building, down side is that there is no lift but not surprising in a building of this age. Beds very comfortable, bathroom very small but adequate. My only dislike was that the carpet was very dirty and worn, it was hoovered and the rest of the room was very clean.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 28, 2011

Even though we only stayed for one night this hotel was exactly what we were looking for. Yes, the room was small, the bathroom one of the smallest I have seen, but the standards of cleanliness were excellent. Fresh towels, clean sheets and a very comfortable mattress were all there. The only recommendation I can think of is if you are handicapped or not in very good shape then ask for a room on one of the lower floors. Our room was on the fourth floor and the stairs are quite steep so it was a matter of stopping a couple of times to catch our breath. Reception was a pleasant surprise as the girl on the desk was very efficient, friendly and offered us maps and brochures. As we had an early morning start, we could not try the breakfast but the price was right and the dining room looked very inviting. For people on a budget looking for a place to stay near Oxford Street then they need look no further. For a short stay I would come back.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that is not facing Gloucester Place as it is a very busy road. Our room was at the back and we had complete silence.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank WayneCambridgeUK
Reviewed November 27, 2011

Just returned from a one night solo stay. All in all, Lincoln house served its purpose. I wanted a room that was reasonable, clean, safe and close as possible to Oxford st shopping. Lincoln house provided ALL of this. No, Its not fancy, spacious, modern or hip. Its a basic, worn, clean hotel and thats all I needed for my one night stay. I stayed in the Caption's Quarters (the smallest room available and truly only big enough for one person...one small/average size person at that) and it suited me just fine. It was so small it was comical how I kept bumping into everything. It was cozy, clean and very functional. I will definitely stay here again (as long as I get a great low rate). Now, if I wanted a spacious, modern, functional room for me and my friend(s), I think I would pay a few more $$ try somewhere else.

Room Tip: There is no elevator at this hotel so better be in shape for the steep stairs.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo