“Easy transportation, clean, satisfactory breakfast, fair balance of cost-benefit”

Lord Kensington Hotel
Ranked #727 of 1,073 Hotels in London
Reviewed January 21, 2014

I stayed for 3 nights, it a long weekend holiday with a friend. Our room was a teeny-tiny room, but it was not a big problem.
Overall, i got what I expected: Cleanliness, Good breakfast, Good location, Good price

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank AkisOzlem
There are newer reviews for Lord Kensington Hotel

Reviewed January 19, 2014

The hotel is located close to the tube station (1st zone) and offers good value for a reasonable price. The staff were friendly and helpful. Although I booked a standard double room we were given a room with an extra bed so it was more spacious than I expected.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lana A
Reviewed January 17, 2014

The hotel offers good value for a very reasonable price in a good neighbourhood with convenient underground connections from Heathrow airport and St Pancras International for Eurostar, as well as all points of interest in London.

I arrived early from an overseas flight, but the check in staff were happy to keep the bags until 1400. The room was small but well organized. I was able to open the window for fresh air which I like. There was a facility for making tea and coffee, the TV had a good selection of channels and the bed was very comfortable. Housekeeping was carried out daily.

The breakfast was more than adequate and was always being freshly supplied. Ham, cheese, cereal, boiled eggs, yoghurt, a selection of rolls, toast and Danish pastry were available.

The hotel website advises guests to use the Exhibition exit at Earl's Court. This way has long corridors and several flights of stairs to climb. Use the exit to Earl's Court Road which has an elevator and a ramp if coming from Heathrow or St Pancras on the Piccadilly Line. The exit the station to the left and immediately left into Trebovir Road where the hotel is located.

I will definitely stay here again in London.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank wiederaufachse
Reviewed January 16, 2014

I recently stayed here alone for one night, the hotel is pretty good, it's clean and comfortable, the breakfast was good as well. The only downfall is the size of the room and corridors, it was a bit difficult moving inside with my luggage, but I guess this is expected in London. Overall, I would definitely recommend this hotel for a short stay,

Room Tip: I was on the last floor, so the WiFi was very weak.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Wael M
Reviewed January 10, 2014

We were a large group of University students and absolutely loved this hotel! It met our needs more than adequately and provided a great experience and great place to come back to after a long day of seeing London. Its location is perfect, near great restaurants and still in zone 1, while still allowing us to stay well within budget! The breakfast was great and the staff was always more than willing to help us with any issues that we had. They did all this with a smile on their face! THANK YOU Lord Kensington for making this a great experience for myself and my students.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Jake M
Reviewed January 8, 2014 via mobile

I recently stayed at lord kensington hotel and was so pleased I booked an extra night in the hotel. The staff were very polite and friendly, breakfast was lovely an the room was very clean - I gave a 4/5 for the room souly based on the size but then in London I guess that's to be expected.

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank Sarah91uk
Reviewed January 7, 2014

We have stayed here once for seven nights on the 4th floor - essentially you indeed get what you pay for. Rooms are clean and neat, however quite small as for me. If you've got a lot of luggage, as it was the case with me, hardly will you be able to fit in all the stuff, so better to pay attention to the room size before booking. Service staff is very lovely and supportive - reception is functional for 24 hours and the breakfast is quite adequate.
Among the bad features is a poor noise isolation. If you are a sensitive sleeper you may be bothered by trains of Earls Court and police cars' sirens running regularly. Also, If you are unlucky to get "loud" neighbors, that also might bring some troubles.
I general I would recommend the hotel to others (especially tourists as for business/work purposes I would prefer something quieter) and probably I would stay there again next time.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends