“Very pleased with everything”

Lord Kensington Hotel
Ranked #713 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed January 17, 2014

The hotel offers good value for a very reasonable price in a good neighbourhood with convenient underground connections from Heathrow airport and St Pancras International for Eurostar, as well as all points of interest in London.

I arrived early from an overseas flight, but the check in staff were happy to keep the bags until 1400. The room was small but well organized. I was able to open the window for fresh air which I like. There was a facility for making tea and coffee, the TV had a good selection of channels and the bed was very comfortable. Housekeeping was carried out daily.

The breakfast was more than adequate and was always being freshly supplied. Ham, cheese, cereal, boiled eggs, yoghurt, a selection of rolls, toast and Danish pastry were available.

The hotel website advises guests to use the Exhibition exit at Earl's Court. This way has long corridors and several flights of stairs to climb. Use the exit to Earl's Court Road which has an elevator and a ramp if coming from Heathrow or St Pancras on the Piccadilly Line. The exit the station to the left and immediately left into Trebovir Road where the hotel is located.

I will definitely stay here again in London.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank wiederaufachse

Reviewed January 16, 2014

I recently stayed here alone for one night, the hotel is pretty good, it's clean and comfortable, the breakfast was good as well. The only downfall is the size of the room and corridors, it was a bit difficult moving inside with my luggage, but I guess this is expected in London. Overall, I would definitely recommend this hotel for a short stay,

Room Tip: I was on the last floor, so the WiFi was very weak.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Wael M
Reviewed January 10, 2014

We were a large group of University students and absolutely loved this hotel! It met our needs more than adequately and provided a great experience and great place to come back to after a long day of seeing London. Its location is perfect, near great restaurants and still in zone 1, while still allowing us to stay well within budget! The breakfast was great and the staff was always more than willing to help us with any issues that we had. They did all this with a smile on their face! THANK YOU Lord Kensington for making this a great experience for myself and my students.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Jake M
Reviewed January 8, 2014 via mobile

I recently stayed at lord kensington hotel and was so pleased I booked an extra night in the hotel. The staff were very polite and friendly, breakfast was lovely an the room was very clean - I gave a 4/5 for the room souly based on the size but then in London I guess that's to be expected.

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank Sarah91uk
Reviewed January 7, 2014

We have stayed here once for seven nights on the 4th floor - essentially you indeed get what you pay for. Rooms are clean and neat, however quite small as for me. If you've got a lot of luggage, as it was the case with me, hardly will you be able to fit in all the stuff, so better to pay attention to the room size before booking. Service staff is very lovely and supportive - reception is functional for 24 hours and the breakfast is quite adequate.
Among the bad features is a poor noise isolation. If you are a sensitive sleeper you may be bothered by trains of Earls Court and police cars' sirens running regularly. Also, If you are unlucky to get "loud" neighbors, that also might bring some troubles.
I general I would recommend the hotel to others (especially tourists as for business/work purposes I would prefer something quieter) and probably I would stay there again next time.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Antonina2014
Reviewed December 21, 2013

I stayed here for three nights whilst returning to London primarily for my ex works Christmas lunch and drinks. I needed only a clean, single room with en-suite shower and TV. I also wanted reasonable prices from a hotel somewhere along the west side of the Piccadilly Line for easy access to Heathrow. As I do not have roaming on my 3G, Wi-Fi was also a requirement.
I chose The Lord Kensington as it seemed to have all of my requisites. My first impression of the room was how very clean it was and then how small it was. I then thought "compact" a better word to describe the room as everything I needed was to hand and cleverly fitted into the room. The very comfortable bed was either a small double or a large single, I couldn't make up my mind; if my wife had been with me we would have found it a tight squeeze. I was amused by the fact that the bedside table was a dining trolley on wheels to assist access to the door and en-suite shower room / toilet. There was always plenty of hot water for showering, something that does not always happen in a hotel of this class. The TV had plenty of freeview channels and the Wi-Fi was reasonable at £5 per day. I was there during a mild spell and found the room too hot for my taste, even though I turned the radiator down as far as I could; As I am a sound sleeper who could sleep through a rock concert in an echo chamber, opening the windows solved this for me but if the noise of embassy staff racing their Lambourghinis on the road outside or passing groups of loud drunks would keep you awake, then this may not work for you.
I would not hesitate to stay here again should the same reasons bring me back next year. My only real criticism is the breakfast. Cornflakes or rice crispies, ham, cheese, toast, yoghurts, pastries,fruit, orange juice, tea and coffee was the choice. That's fine if continental breakfast is your thing but when I am staying in a hotel I like to have to choice of cooked items as well. But hey, Earls Court Road is just a two minute walk away with all of its cafes and pubs offering traditional breakfasts.

Room Tip: Although it didn't bother me, from the front you will get the noise of passers by and sporadic c...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank straggler-steve
Reviewed December 18, 2013

everything you need at a very reasonable price for london. clean room (although a bit small - but adequate) comfy bed, clean en-suite, buffet breakfast - tea coffee, juice, bread, toast, croissants, pain au chocolate, cereals, yoghurt, fruit, cheese, meat, jam, eggs. friendly staff. didn't get troubled by the train noise. would definitely stay here again for a trip to london - only a few stops from earls court into city centre-

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple