“Basic but clean and neat; excellent location and nice staff”

Lord Kensington Hotel
Ranked #713 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed January 7, 2014

We have stayed here once for seven nights on the 4th floor - essentially you indeed get what you pay for. Rooms are clean and neat, however quite small as for me. If you've got a lot of luggage, as it was the case with me, hardly will you be able to fit in all the stuff, so better to pay attention to the room size before booking. Service staff is very lovely and supportive - reception is functional for 24 hours and the breakfast is quite adequate.
Among the bad features is a poor noise isolation. If you are a sensitive sleeper you may be bothered by trains of Earls Court and police cars' sirens running regularly. Also, If you are unlucky to get "loud" neighbors, that also might bring some troubles.
I general I would recommend the hotel to others (especially tourists as for business/work purposes I would prefer something quieter) and probably I would stay there again next time.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Antonina2014

Reviewed December 21, 2013

I stayed here for three nights whilst returning to London primarily for my ex works Christmas lunch and drinks. I needed only a clean, single room with en-suite shower and TV. I also wanted reasonable prices from a hotel somewhere along the west side of the Piccadilly Line for easy access to Heathrow. As I do not have roaming on my 3G, Wi-Fi was also a requirement.
I chose The Lord Kensington as it seemed to have all of my requisites. My first impression of the room was how very clean it was and then how small it was. I then thought "compact" a better word to describe the room as everything I needed was to hand and cleverly fitted into the room. The very comfortable bed was either a small double or a large single, I couldn't make up my mind; if my wife had been with me we would have found it a tight squeeze. I was amused by the fact that the bedside table was a dining trolley on wheels to assist access to the door and en-suite shower room / toilet. There was always plenty of hot water for showering, something that does not always happen in a hotel of this class. The TV had plenty of freeview channels and the Wi-Fi was reasonable at £5 per day. I was there during a mild spell and found the room too hot for my taste, even though I turned the radiator down as far as I could; As I am a sound sleeper who could sleep through a rock concert in an echo chamber, opening the windows solved this for me but if the noise of embassy staff racing their Lambourghinis on the road outside or passing groups of loud drunks would keep you awake, then this may not work for you.
I would not hesitate to stay here again should the same reasons bring me back next year. My only real criticism is the breakfast. Cornflakes or rice crispies, ham, cheese, toast, yoghurts, pastries,fruit, orange juice, tea and coffee was the choice. That's fine if continental breakfast is your thing but when I am staying in a hotel I like to have to choice of cooked items as well. But hey, Earls Court Road is just a two minute walk away with all of its cafes and pubs offering traditional breakfasts.

Room Tip: Although it didn't bother me, from the front you will get the noise of passers by and sporadic c...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank straggler-steve
Reviewed December 18, 2013

everything you need at a very reasonable price for london. clean room (although a bit small - but adequate) comfy bed, clean en-suite, buffet breakfast - tea coffee, juice, bread, toast, croissants, pain au chocolate, cereals, yoghurt, fruit, cheese, meat, jam, eggs. friendly staff. didn't get troubled by the train noise. would definitely stay here again for a trip to london - only a few stops from earls court into city centre-

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 10, 2013

The hotel and staff are all lovely & Great location as Earl's court underground station is right around the corner! Although our room was a bit small, it was very clean and equipped with everything you need! Would definetly recommend and will certainly be back!

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed November 27, 2013

I have stayed here several times - essentially you get what you pay for. Rooms are clean and comfortable - reception is functional and the breakfast is adequate. Close to Earls Court Station so train noise is a feature. I will stay again as the location suits my business appointments.

Room Tip: Rooms at the front are quieter due to proximity to station at the rear
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 10, 2013

Stayed at this hotel this weekend to visit the London golf show and have a night in London as you do,one group was put in basement room we had room 205 with the noisy pipes which kept me awake. We stated before we travelled there would be 3 men in 1 room so to our horror when we entered room 205 we were greeted to the site of a double and single bed er hello 3 men,men don't do doubles was ready to check out when they told us they would stick an extra bed in our room erm didn't think it would fit but did so if you book a room for 3 make sure you ask for a bigger room with 3 beds in it,Didn't try breakfast so can't comment.

Room Tip: Basement has bigger rooms
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 10, 2013

Conveniently located next to Earl's court underground. We could look out on the train platforms and also hear the noise.
Bed comfortable but no bedside lamp to read. The TV too small.
Reasonably priced but they charge too much for internet access.
The continental breakfast was boring.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple