“Get a good room and never ask for advice.”

Lord Kensington Hotel
Ranked #731 of 1,078 Hotels in London
Reviewed July 13, 2012

The front desk gave me the wrong directions or advice for transport during two days, they first put me in a windowless cleaning closet in the basement and the wifi doesn't work during the day. However, there's wifi in the night, the location might be good (earls court tube) and the bed was great.

Room Tip: Ask for a window.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Trankkis

Reviewed July 9, 2012

This hotel is clean and quiet. We had a tiny room on the first floor behind the reception desk that was charming! We have paid more for other hotels in Earl's Court and gotten much worse. The staff was kind, breakfast was good, and the shower in our room was fantastic! Plenty of hot water. I will likely stay here again.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 7, 2012

I stayed in London for a weekend, and being on a budget, looked for the cheapest available accommodation close to the centre. This is it. Situated on a street full of hotels that looked exactly the same, it is perfect for getting into the city quickly on the tube.

Even though it was a budget hotel, I still found this more expensive than I expected to pay, but I suppose that is more of a comment on the price of visiting London. For the same price I could have stayed in a 4-star hotel in many cities that I have visited across Europe.

The rooms were extremely small, but the bed comfortable. The rooms seemed clean enough until you moved anything that wasn't nailed down - where you could find chewing gum, paper and god knows what else dating back what looked like years!

The staff were reasonably courteous, certainly not rude but neither were they the friendliest people - I did not see one of them smile, and the kitchen staff looked as miserable as if they were forced to work there. None of the staff seemed to speak great English, and they did not think that it was in the slightest bit rude to speak in their native tongue (Indian or Bangladesh I think) in front of their guests.

All in all, it did not disappoint me too much, I got almost what I expected, but I won't be going back there. I will splash out a little extra on my next visit to London for a bit more comfort and courtesy.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Jackie O
Reviewed July 1, 2012

Great location, clean and very good price!
I have booked here a double room for a friend of mine and everything was perfect !!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 27, 2012

Great location, nice rooms, very kind a staff. I recommend it to everybody who dosen't want to overpay.
Pawel

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Pawel M
Reviewed June 20, 2012

Stayed for a Night. Like the Area. Ideal for Business Customers, for the Earls Court Conference Centre. Nice Room, comfortable. TV, Shower, Coffee,Tea. Special Mention to Kitchen Staff. Breakfast Spread, very Good. Staff worked very Hard and Quick. Forever bringing out New Food, like Toast. Cleared things away quick too. Enjoyed Stay. Will be Back.

Room Tip: Maybe a Lower Floor Room. I was on 5 th Floor.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank DOMYNO
Reviewed June 14, 2012

Basic hotel but very clean and tidy. Small room, no room for a further small table and chair other than small desk that's available.
Staff were all very helpful including a cleaning staff member who went out of her way to help us with some shops we were looking for.
Buffet breakfast is complimentary, basic but very pleasing. Again at £102/night it was a good value hotel. Also its a 2 minute walk to Earls Court underground station and to the main road with it's associated shops.
Only negative, was that the WiFi offered as part of the room rate was totally useless. I ended up using 3G from my mobile phone and tethered to my laptop. Do not rely on any meaningful internet access. I did make a comment about this and the person at reception reset his modem in case it helped. It did for about 5 minutes then went back to no or limited service.
Other than the WiFi issue this is a very pleasing hotel and I'd go again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple