“OUR STAY”

Ranked #487 of 1,069 Hotels in London
Brisbane, Australia
“OUR STAY”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

The Grange is a great hotel. Staff, food and service are all excellent. The only problem we had was in relation to our bed. It was only about 12 inches/300 mm off the floor which made it very hard to get out.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (197)
Salisbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 15, 2013

This hotel's location is very good - less than 15 minutes walk from Victoria Station and facing a quiet square. The hotel staff were very pleasant and the room was comfortable. However, the rooms are quite small and there is no air conditioning - even though I was there on a comparatively cool June night, the room was much too warm. As another reviewer has pointed out, breakfast does not begin until 7.00 am which is late if you are there on business and have to leave to get to a meeting. This would be bad enough, but the restaurant was not open when I arrived at 7.00 am and I had to wait for several minutes. That said, the breakfast itself was very good. However, the night before we left, a colleague and I had asked the hotel if they could order a taxi for us for the following morning. The receptionist assured us they would do so and went through a charade of taking outr details on the computer at the reception desk. However, when we came to leave we discovered that no taxi had been ordered.

Overall, a comfortable enough hotel but woefully lacking in some aspects.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank steveR11_11
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 12, 2013

Nice location, but awfully dated hotel. They didn't even have basic TV. Decor is shabby and facilities average. Room was hot and airless. Breakfast doesn't start until 7AM, which is late for business people, and upon arrival at 7:02 they were still setting up! Despite this the staff are very accommodating and outgoing, except at the front desk where it seemed they were compelled to be there.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Staten Island, New York
Reviewed June 5, 2013

I stayed here for a week while in London for business. The hotel was booked by my London office so I didn't have much choice in where I stayed but once there I was very happy with the hotel. This was not a huge hotel but it was a good size and more high end than some. The room was a nice size, nice bathroom and cleaned well every day. I ate at the breakfast buffet every morning and they had very nice service with the standard "English breakfast" along several breads, cereals, fruits, cold cuts. There's also a bar inside the lobby which is open until 3am with food and after 3am they do 24hr room service for drinks and food. There's a full pub also attached which you access via the sidewalk. There are many pubs and restaurants within walking distance and there's a park directly across the street, Vincent Square Park. There's also a rack of rental bikes just outside the hotel which might be convenient for those looking to ride around London and leave the bike at another rental location.
The Hotel is also walking distance to Victoria Station, 10 minute or less walk. Hotel has wifi available for an extra fee which worked well for me in my room. Front desk was always helpful and they have a concierge desk to assist with getting around and what to see. I would consider staying here again.

Room Tip: My room had two single beds which seems to be the main option. fine for me alone but not good for a...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Wicklow, Wicklow, Ireland
Reviewed June 4, 2013

Well where do I start
Booked it through last minute .com
In the mystery hotel thing
Worst decision ever
Booked a single room
It was tiny
Mouldy roof in the shower
No room to iron
No mini bar
No cold drinking water
No water to shower on my last day
Horrible staff on the desk who did not care
They even said its not America it's London
They were sleeping on the night shift
Don't go there ever that's the best advise

Room Tip: Book any other hotel
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Worcester, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

Situated on a small road away from major traffic, but a bit of a walk from the nearest station (Victoria) but is very simple to find. As you walk into the hotel it looks lovely, I was greeted by staff in a warm manor and was even shown to my room. The staff carried my bags, showed me how to turn everything on, gave me all the information about their food service etc they even brought up wine glasses seeing I had a bottle with me. The bathroom was big for the size of the bedroom, fitted with a great shower, nicely decorated, the bedroom was small but it had everything I needed. In the morning I was running late checking out and they gave me a call to let me know I could have another half hour which was lovely of them. My boyfriend is normally very critical, but he didn't have any bad word to say. Defintly stay again, worth every penny for the service received by staff.

Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Jennifer E
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

Overall a good, central spot with clean rooms and facilities. However the front line staff have English language skills that range from so-so to poor and this impacted various aspects of my stay. Examples include room service orders taken down incorrectly, laundry instructions getting confused, taxi orders messed up and no wake up call. I complained to the night manager and they could not understand what I was saying. A great hotel but management needs to realize the long term value erosion by saving on cheap staff with bad English skills over the short term.

• Stayed May 2013