“Best view in London !”

Ranked #485 of 1,068 Hotels in London
Cheshire,UK
“Best view in London !”
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Just a 10 min walk from Victoria (if you know where you are going and roadworks aren't in the way) this hotel is nicely tucked away and overlooks Vincent Square.
Biggest highlight for me was that my room (301 i think) overlooked the square and a cricket match was in progress so opened the french doors, stepped out onto the small balcony and watched the game ! bliss !
Room was the usual London-compact style i.e. small , but enough room for just 1 night. In fact everything was rather compact, the bar, the reception and breakfast room were all quite small.
The hotel does have a certain luxury level, staff were very helpful throughout.
At about £250 a night there are cheaper chain hotels within 10 mins but for location alone this is heard to beat,

Room Tip: Ask for one overlooking the square.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Zoom6562

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (196)
Edinburgh, Scotland
Reviewed April 30, 2013 via mobile

We booked this hotel as it is only a 10 min walk from Victoria station where we were arriving into from Gatwick. It is located in a lovely square hidden off the main road with a cricket green in the middle, very quiet and picturesque. The hotel itself is very nice, the rooms are small and slightly old-fashioned but clean and comfortable with a good shower. The staff are friendly and the breakfast was good, both continental and cooked. It is a 10 min walk to the river and Pimlico tube is a similar distance. If you are looking for a quiet, comfortable and convenient hotel, this is a good choice.

• Stayed April 2013
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed April 28, 2013

My Mom and I stayed here for our second day in London after staying at their sister property near St. Pacreas. We were upgraded for free to a larger room with two double beds, it was comfortable and gorgeous. The staff was very friendly and ensured we had a wonderful stay. The concierge went out of his way to help us find our way to Leicester by calling the station, getting prices and times and making sure we knew where we were going. I have to disagree with the other reviews on here, this hotel is definitely a 4 star property, it was clean, beautiful and very comfortable. My only complaint is the price of the Wifi is astronomical, 24 hours will cost you 10 pounds. Other than the wifi, I have nothing but positive things to say about this place. Would definitely recommend it to anyone staying in London.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
HUDDERSFIELD
Reviewed April 27, 2013

My wife and I booked this '4 star' hotel last year as we were coming to London for the marathon. I used a credit card at the time of booking to confirm the reservation. However, it was only when we were already on the train on our way down to London, that I received an email advising the room was not confirmed as there had been a problem with authorising the card. I rang the hotel to advise not to cancel the room as we were on our way (the credit card company advised there was not an issue with the card) I was asked to arrive by 1pm or the booking would be cancelled. When we did arrive before this time, the room wasn't even ready anyway.

We therefore had a drink in the bar, a little on the small size. Some would say cozy, but no real complaint there. However, when we were shown our room, this was when my real complaint starts....

The bathroom was the smallest bathroom I have seen in my life, an absolute joke. The room also had two double beds? Why!! The reservation was booked last year, so I would have thought we would receive a double room.

We started to unpack. The electrics in the room were colour coded for some strange reason, three colours in total, so we had a game of light switching on and off for 15 minutes, trying to find out what switch works where. Quite comical. I then decided to have a wash.

As soon as I turned on the taps, there was an awful stench of drains, it was so bad we had to open the windows and report it to reception. Really, the smell turned your stomach. We were then allocated a different room. Again, a very small bathroom and two double beds. The bathroom bin was broken and rusty. The overall conclusion of the room would be it required a refit as it looked quite dated and shabby. This is not a 4 star hotel.

Both on the Saturday and Sunday night we had little sleep due to the noise outside. The temperature of the room was also too high even though the radiators were turned off. Not ideal preparation for a marathon the next day.

Breakfast...my interpretation of toast is I think slices of bread..toasted. Well the kitchen staff couldn't even get this right. On both mornings, we were given warm bread at best. I returned it, only to be given..warm bread again..oh dear...a joke.

On check out, I complained to 'Meena' about our experiences and whilst she apologised in broken English, offered us no gesture of goodwill. We will not return to this hotel again.

On return back to Yorkshire, I sent an email complaining about our visit. The GM, Fazaal offered us a meal for two at the hotel restaurant with cocktails when we returned to the hotel?...I politely advised we would not be returning. Oh well come for a meal anyway, he said....

Picture the scene after arriving home from work one evening. Darling, what's for tea? Well do you fancy a 2 hour train journey to London for a meal?..I think not.

I have asked for the complaint to be taken further, but I don't expect a call back. To conclude this review, the hotel could be so much better, but it falls way short of our expectations. Very disappointing

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JonnyCHuddersfield
Windsor, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 21, 2013

I recently stayed here on business for one night. Location was very convenient as I could walk to Westminster in 10 minutes. Reception staff were very welcoming on arrival. The room was clean and a good size for London, although the bathroom was small and slightly outdated. Breakfast was great, with attentive waiting staff. Good choice of buffet items to choose from . I specially like the bar with the cozy atmosphere,the perfect place to have a drink with friends or family.
The only downside was the noise. I was on the second floor and there was a constant noise of drilling! Otherwise I was really satisfied with my stay and I would return one day.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed April 14, 2013

Like everyone else, I stayed here because of the close proximity to Victoria station,This is not a boutique-styled anything; it’s a D-U-M-P! Old, dirty, and mismanaged!!!
Very run down in every aspect. Sleeping in cramped car would be an improvement and far more sanitary.Breakfast was poor as the restaurant, no hot milk, the coffee was s... and the waitress have forgotten to take shower at least 2 days. Wine bar - dirty and the staff - rude. There was only one helpful girl on reception, this is not a 4* hotel, DONT GO THERE!!! Avoid this hotel if you want to have a great time in London!!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank John n
London
Reviewed April 12, 2013

We spent three nights and found the hotel rather run down with small bedrooms. Breakfast was extremely expensive so we skipped it and went to StarBucks a few minutes walk away. The staff tried but no one seemed to be in charge. The food in the bar was terrible as was the service. It was a pity and the final insult when we were charged for Internet. A rip off!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family