“Excellent location for shopping!”

Grange Fitzrovia Hotel
Ranked #493 of 1,088 Hotels in London
Greater Manchester, United Kingdom
“Excellent location for shopping!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2013

My friend and I (we're both female and in our late twenties) stayed at the Grange Fitzrovia Hotel in London for 3 days (2 nights) in October 2013. I was very impressed by my experience there and definitely hope to stay there again. It's within walking distance of Regent's Street, along with close access to many Tube stations. Euston Railway Station is only a 20 minute walk from this hotel. Our purpose for our stay at this hotel was as a base for shopping/ theatre visits/ and sightseeing in general. The staff on reception were efficient, and even through my friend and I ended up being allocated a double-bed by mistake instead of two single beds, we were upgraded to an executive room located at the back of the hotel, along with a free English breakfast, for our trouble. Rooms were clean and well stocked with toilet rolls, tea/coffee making facilities, and bathroom paraphanalia. As the weather was a bit muggy we slept with all the windows open and were not disturbed by noise at all. Yes you can hear the Tube trains rumbling underground but i found this soothing and not intrusive to my stay at all. The breakfast room was very well run and the food was tasty. The lovely ladies re-filling our drinks were attentive but not intrusive, and you were not hurried up to make room for other hotel guests. The only negative to my stay was that I could not get cold water from the taps, even from the bath taps. Also our TV didn't work, but we didn't really mind this because we were so tired from all the walking we'd done (and we didn't ask the staff to do anything about it or i'm sure they would have rectified the situation straight away!) Hope to stay there again next year!

Room Tip: I think rooms at the back of the hotel may be quieter than at the front.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank Elahandro

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
Gloucester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2013

My wife was in town on business I joined her at this hotel for one night great location 2 mins from tube very central close to pubs bars restaurants room was small as all central london hotels are but well equiped and recently re furbished to a high standard high end toiletries in bathroom rooms very hot that said a very comfortable night bar very pleasant

Room Tip: Rrequest room at back main road is noisy all night with delivery lorries
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2013

Stayed here for a week for work and really enjoyed the hotel. It is in an amazing location as you can walk to most places in central London from here and is in a quiet street. Nice clean hotel and a comfortable room, the staff were helpful and we enjoyed the breakfast.
We enjoyed the stay, and the only negative was on check out. I asked reception to call a taxi as I needed to go to Paddington station. When they told me it had arrived, I went out to find no taxi, but a 'taxi' service they had arranged, a mercedes. They said it was the same as a taxi, but when I enquired the price to get to Paddington I was told £18. I walked away, annoyed, and flagged a taxi off the street and went to Paddington for £9. I don't understand why the hotel would do this.

Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank BritAus
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2013

Great location great rooms. Super hotel in the heart of the west end. Easy check in. 10 min walk to Oxford street. See Chris Martin from Cold Play entering radio 1 on route to shopping spree. Didn't eat or drink at the hotel but all looked superb.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Dg41dag
Oswestry, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2013

Got to check into this hotel, late in the evening. Reception staff were very pleasant and attentive and processed us quickly. Our room was number 215 and tucked away behind a lift shaft. Upon opening the bedroom door, two things hit us. Firstly how small the room was and secondly, how hot it was, considering that the bedroom window was wide open. The fittings appeared to be of a high quality and fairly new, but it was just too small for a double bed.
Alright, a room in central London is just somewhere to crash - isn't it? Yes, if I was on my own, but when there, with ones partner, simple things like taking a shower became as intense as a game of chess. I'm average height and weight and my wife is short/petite - how would anyone fatter cope?
The Hotel appears to have been built on a long, thin strip of land (in a high value part of London, granted), and perhaps all bedrooms here are like the one I had. Scattered around outside the hotel, are numerous, pleasant restaurants. The better ones, being family run.
Would I go back to this hotel- not really. All staff encountered were very good, its clearly not their fault that I became grumpy through two nights of bashing my toes and head in a "broom cupboard" of a bedroom. Oh yes, the bathroom. Same old story, I'm afraid. Tough to understand shower, with no instructions, but plenty of hot water. Just too many functions crammed into tiny area! Why is it that when you book a cruise, the room size is clearly displayed before taking the plunge. With hotels, its just "pot luck"!

Room Tip: As all bedrooms seem to be small, ask reception staff for the "least small". Also, ones at...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Willywill
Buenos Aires, Argentina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2013 via mobile

We stayed for one week and the hotel proved to be an excellent decision. Location is perfect, quiet area, with fine places to dine and drink, close to Regent St and underground station and five minutes from Oxford Circle. The hotel is clean, breakfast is complete and very well served and the staff is polite. The room size was OK for two but a more comfortable bed would be nice. We would repeat the place in a future visit to the city.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Essex, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2013

Just stayed one night. Room was fairly small, but lovely decoration. Had to have window open as it a warm night and there was quite a lot of noise from street outside. Staff very helpful. Good location have also stayed in the sister hotel, Grange Langham Place and preferred the Fitzrovia as the room was bigger and had a better outlook.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo