The Royal Cambridge Hotel
galahotels.com
$288
$279
  • Restaurant
All reviewspaddington stationhyde parktheatre packagetheatre breakgreat showerhotel staffexcellent locationone night stayclean hotelshort stayoxford streetmin walklondon hotelyogurtradiatorpubs
Reviewed June 21, 2012

Excellent location and value for money. Staff were very courteous and rooms were very clean.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
9  Thank CameliaGomez
Reviewed June 18, 2012

Single room small but expected. Shower/toilet small and leaking water. TV not even receiving noise! let alone a picture. Breakfast very basic. Overpriced for even London.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
RoyalCambridge, Guest Relations Manager at The Royal Cambridge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,
I am sorry to hear you were dissapointed with your stay and that we were unable to resolve your issues on site. We take all feedback seriously as we strive to improve our services all round and appreciate you took the time to offer your valuable feedback.
We have resolved the television signal issues and our onsite maintenance engineer has been advised to fix issues as soon as they are found.
I hope you will visit us again so we can correct any impressions you may have had

Reviewed June 11, 2012

Very convenient, super close to underground, restaurants, pubs and shops. Fairly clean. I got a very small room, but furnished with all the basics you need. Staff very polite and nice. Wifi did not work, they said there was a temporary problem with the router. I checked out at 6.30am, so I missed breakfast, served between 7.30 and 9.30am.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank BradleyHeathcote
Management response:Responded June 26, 2012

Dear Sir/Madam,
Thank you for your recent feedack. We strive to offer the best possible service and any feedback encourages our team to ensure our guests are feel comfortable and enjoy their stay.

Reviewed June 7, 2012

I stayed for 3 weeks on a family visit from Australia. Staff were very welcoming and helpful. Location was very safe. I will be coming back again next year for my visit.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank rachelturneruk
RoyalCambridge, Guest Relations Manager at The Royal Cambridge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2012

Thank you for your recent review. We strive to offer an excellent stay to all our guests, and any feedback encourages us and helps us understand our guests needs.

Reviewed June 3, 2012

Booked this hotel on a deal and it cost me £50 and believe me it wasn't even worth that. I would have probably paid £20 as a gesture. Our room was in the basement and next to a generator room. I asked to be moved to another room and I was told that there was not another spare room in the basement so I asked if I could be moved to another floor. That was no problem but at a cost of another £45. Me and my wife both had to purchase some ear plugs to get a bit of sleep but it was not easy with the noise of the generator. Bathroom was very tiny and if you want a shower probably best if you are stick thin and about 5'8", any bigger and you are going to struggle in the shower. I am 6'4" and average build and every time to get anything to show with I was banging my arms on the walls of the shower. Shower is not very powerful either. I had to climb over my partner to get out bed and the room was very hot and had poor air conditioning. As for the breakfast, very, very poor. D.I.Y breakfast and very limited chose and no hot option. As we left I complained and was told as a gesture of will £10 would be refunded to my card "STILL WAITING". Don't wish to be rude or offensive but the staff we dealt had a poor command of the English language so it was difficult to communicate effectively. DON'T BE FOOLED BY THE ROYAL in the name, it is far from it.

WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS HOTEL TO ANYONE!!!

It spoilt my wife's birthday.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple