We stayed 2 nights at the Bedfort Hotel and left it with mixed feelings. We aren’t inclined to promote this hotel to any friends going on vacation to London due to several reasons:
- The floor of our room was covered in carpet. When entering the room you could ‘smell’ the scent from an old carpet that isn’t vacuumed enough.
- Our bath still contained some hair from the previous guests.
- The windows of the hotel are made of single-glass. This way the wind made our room ‘very chilly’. Furthermore, you could still hear all the cars (especially ambulances, police sirens,…) speeding by the hotel.
- The ‘Contintental Breakfast’ was a joke. We could chose between some toast and cornflakes. However, you could chose to have an ‘English Breakfast’ for £ 5/pp.
Though the breakfast was the same every day.
- The restaurant staff wasn’t really friendly. They were ‘patrolling’ all the time through the restaurant, making it very unpleasant to have a quiet breakfast.
- We were charged for leaving our luggage at the hotel on the last day of our trip.
But I don’t want to be all negative about this hotel, some advantages of the hotel are:
- The location of the Hotel is very good for tourists. Very near the St. Pancras / King Cross station and near a metro-stop.
- The staff at the reception was very friendly and always willing to help and assist you.
- The interior of the rooms are modern.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At the Bedford Hotel, peace and quiet is our priority. With the elegant bustle of Bloomsbury on every side, that might sound like an impossible task. Covent Garden and the West End are just a short walk away, and the British Museum is on our doorstep. But at the Bedford, we can promise you a good night's sleep too. How do we do it? Well, many of the rooms overlook our picturesque private garden. The Bedford is small and intimate, offering a warm welcome with a personal touch. And it's a great place to relax with company too, with a charming guest lounge and laid back café occupying the ground floor. Meanwhile, the Bedford Garden restaurant serves home-made British specialities, with a modern twist, overlooking our secret garden. We're able to offer a little corner of traditional English tranquility, here, in a bustling, international city. It's made us a firm favourite with returning guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Bedford Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bedford Hotel London, England