“Gratefully Surprised”

GreenLeadersSilver level
London
“Gratefully Surprised”
Reviewed July 7, 2013

As I had some bad experiences in other hotels in London, specially with (very) small spaces, I was very gratefully surprised with the size of the room, that was in all aspects very comfortable. The Nesspreso machine was very wellcome. The only point that could be improved was the toilet, although it was fully functional. Thanks.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Galahotels.com

ramesh04, General Manager at Park Plaza Victoria London, responded to this review, July 13, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your positive comments about your recent stay at the hotel.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Ramesh

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (316)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Guildford, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 6, 2013

Great location for central London, they have a small basement car park to which you enter via a lift, Its extremely tight to get a big car in but I enjoyed the experience.
All the staff were very helpful, the room was clean and of the standard you would expect for its star rating. They had a nice bar and when we arrived back at 2.30 in the morning they made us some very enjoyable pizzas. Breakfast was good, the only thing being like most hotels these days they keep hot food hot in / on trays i can understand as people want it quick, but in my book there is only 1 way to have a cooked breakfast and thats fresh from the kitchen.
So all in all its a good hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank JAMMY53
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience at the hotel. I am delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay with us.

Malmo, Sweden
Reviewed July 4, 2013

This hotel is perfectly located close to Victoria Station, if you fly to Gatwick it's just a quick stroll to the hotel. The rooms are nice and the breakfast was very good. This hotel is great for a wekeend away and I can also imagine that the business traveller will find the hotel very good.

I can definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank DBorg

Bath, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 4, 2013

I have stayed at a lot of the Park Plaza hotels across the world and was (until recently) a Gold member I used them so much. I haven't in the last year, but had a weekend in London to attend an all day gig at Olympic Park.

I booked on line and was stunned at how expensive it was going to be....£230 for a night. Much more than anticipated, but it seemed all hotels in London were full and charging as much for this specific weekend. I asked for an early check in on my booking as the gig started at 1 and I had to get across London.

I arrived at 11am and went to check in. I was informed that there were no rooms ready and an early check in was not possible. The staff were very courteous and polite about this but it didn't help my situation and I was told to come back at 1pm when a room MAY be available. I eventually got into a room at 1.45pm.

The hotel is very nice, staff polite and welcoming and the rooms comfortable....but £230 was a steep price and sticks in the throat a little for what is an average £130-150 London room and when you are paying that price you expect a bit more....breakfast NOT included btw.

I used to live in Vincent Sq, just 300 yards from the hotel, so know the area. If you do visit make sure you take in the vibrant cafe's, pubs and restaurants just down the road. I can highly recommend the Marquis of Westminster pub on Warwick Way and if its late night food then Cyprus Mangol Kebabs are THE BEST in the world. The hotel itself is located within 5 mins of Victoria station which makes it ideal for travellers.

Overall my stay was comfortable and I like the Park Plaza chain but for the money paid this was just average, I expect a bit more and will think again before staying at them again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Paul R
Dear Guest,

Thank you taking the time to write a review regarding your stay at the hotel. We do try to cater to all our guests requests and unfortunately cannot always guarentee early check in's.

Again allow me to thank you for your feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 4, 2013

Stayed for one night, booked through booking.com. We were in London for the Robbie Williams gig at Wembley, and this was easily accessible on the tube from this hotel. We arrived a few minutes before check in time. Check in smooth and quick. Our room was lovely. The whole hotel smells, looks and is, clean, fresh and modern. Our room was spacious, very comfortable and clean. The air conditioning worked well. We overlooked the side of the hotel on the fifth floor so the room was very quiet. Free wi-fi accessible in the room. The bathroom was good with excellent toiletries. Didn't use the mini-bar and as I didn't authorise it with a credit card I had no access to it. Didn't eat at the hotel so can't comment on food.
The staff were friendly and efficient. If I could give 4.5 stars I would. Minor points letting it down were the cheap hairdryer in the room and the fact that the only mirror in the room was in the doorway, which was dimly lit and in the way of the wardrobe and bathroom. This meant that hairdrying and make-up had to be put on standing up and with insufficient lighting. As I say, a minor point but a little niggle non the less. It certainly wouldn't stop me staying here again though. The location is excellent. A few minutes walk from Victoria train and tube stations. A few more minutes and you can walk to Victoria Coach station. A few of the big theatres also on your doorstep. With lots of cafes and restaurants right outside the door, this really is an excellent place to stay.

1 Thank HelenMR30
Dear Guest,

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel and thank you taking the time to write a review. I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Sorrento
Reviewed July 3, 2013

Nice hotel, good location, nice staff. Only problem was I booked for a twin and a triple, and thought I had paid for these through Easytobook. When I got there, I had to pay for the extra bed in the triple (again?).

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind comments. I am delighted that we were able to cater for your needs during your stay. I will forward your comments regarding easytobook to our Reservation Supervisor.

I look forward to welcoming you back.

Gateshead, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 3, 2013

Stayed at the hotel for one night, really impressed, lovely staff, very clean, room service great and beds very comfortable. The only downside was the Air conditioning in the room didnt give out enough cool air, it was a warm weekend so the room was so hot and at some points become a little uncomfortable! The staff were lovely when we explained the problem and sent someone to look at the problem but there was nothing they could do!
I would definately stay at this hotel again as I am planning to see Wicked and its just round the corner.
Overall a great hotel!!!!

1 Thank gateshead o
Dear Guest,

Thank you taking the time to write a review regarding your stay at the hotel, and I am glad that you enjoyed it.

Please be assured that your comments regarding the A/C have been noted and action has been taken to resolve this by our Chief Engineer.

Thank you once again and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Best Wishes,