“Lovely gem of a hotel”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Greenbrier, Tennessee
“Lovely gem of a hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2013

We stayed at the Park Plaza Victoria since it was the location of a conference my husband was attending. Wonderful experience...all the staff we came in contact will were polite and attentive to our requests...our room and bath were generous in size...room was extreme quiet. The breakfast is served buffet style and has a wide variety of selection. In room there is a hot water heater with instant coffees and tea bags and an espresso maker (with k-cup type pods) and a fridge with a filled mini bar (items available at an fee). The hotel is located just a couple of blocks from Victoria Station, Westminster cathedral, theaters, shopping and lots of restaurants. Free wifi in the room a huge plus so we could stay in contact. We are staying on here after a brief trip north to Scotland for the weekend and the Park Plaza will hold our excess bags until we return. PPV will definitely be our choice for future visits to London!

Room Tip: We noted in our reservation, that a handicapped room would be helpful, since currently my husband ha...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank TNarmybear
ramesh04, General Manager at Park Plaza Victoria London, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful comments regarding your recent stay with us. I will surely be sharing them with our team.

Ramesh

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (314)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2013

Stayed at the Park Plaza Victoria for the night of my work's Christmas party in December.

The room was a really good size, especially for getting ready and had plenty of mirrors and good lighting which is something I find alot of hotels have problems with. The bathroom was also a very good size and the bed very comfy, quiet room too. Breakfast was included in my rate which I wouldn’t normally go for, but this time I’m pleased I did, its one of the nicest hotel breakfast’s I’ve had, so top marks for that and really sets you up for a good day of shopping!

Check in was smooth and really easy, although I did have problems with duplicate card payments on check out because the pre authorisation funds were not released. Due to it being so close to Christmas it took until the new year to sort out and get the money back into my account after seeking help with my bank because after calling the hotel a couple of times I was getting nowhere at getting my money back. However this would not stop me from staying at this wonderful hotel again

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience at the hotel. I am delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay with us.

Please be assured of my commitment to investigate the issue regarding your payment and ensure it does not happen again.

Nordeste
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2013

Me and my girlfriend stayed for 4 days last december in the Park Plaza Victoria hotel in London. It was just great. The room was very spacious, with a good hot shower on the bathroom. The breakfast was very good, specially considering the average breakfast on the UK. There was free wifi conection to the guests, also. The location is unmatchable. Just a few steps from the Victoria Station, where there is a tube station and buses all around. There are also lots of fast food and classic restaurants nearby. Definetely recommended.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Maximus80

yorkshire, uk
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2013

Booked to stay here for 3 nights. Wanted to stay in a convenient modern hotel with easy access to central London & this was perfect. Victoria train & tube station is literally 2 minutes walk away. The hotel is surrounded by several coffee shops and restaurants and a large supermarket is 4 minutes walk away so everything is close to hand.
Check-in was quick & efficient. Rooms very spacious - unusual for London so a lovely surprise. Spotlessly clean, comfortable bed, lots of storage space and great bathrooms. We had upgraded to an executive room which included free wifi and a brilliant cooked breakfast each morning. It also included access to the exec lounge which provided complimentary food and drinks between 6 & 8pm each evening.
All staff were so friendly, very efficient and professional so a big thanks to all who made our trip to London fantastic. We'll definitely be back & would certainly recommend this hotel to others

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jasu
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your positive comments about your recent stay at the hotel. It is comments like these that enable us to motivate our team to achieve greater heights.

Thank you once again, and I look forward to welcoming you back.

Best wishes

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2013

I was in London last December 2012 for a holiday...I was so impress with their service provided...Yes it's a 5 star service.. I have stayed on many 5 star hotels all around the world but was shocked to see their staffs was trained to provide such a excellent service.. My first holiday was in Paris then to London, in fact we reached much early in the hotel.. I was travelling with my husband, 3 year old daughter and 7 year old boy..We all were so tired..My kids were given kids arrival gifts and also staffs were dress in cristmas etire and were distributing cristmas candy.. My children's was so excited..moreover they managed to give us a room much, much more earlier.. We were so happy cos my kids were so tired..Rooms were excellent. Excellent breakfast...good location for transport and closer to Big Ben and also Eye of London. You will never regret your stay...

• Stayed December 2012
ramesh04, General Manager at Park Plaza Victoria London, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Dear Guest,

Rest assured I will share your positive comments with the rest of the team, I am sure they will be thrilled to hear the fantastic feedback.

I am looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Best Wishes

Hoddesdon, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2013

Stayed at the Park Plaza for a birthday treat. A lovely hotel which I fould very comfortable, well equipped and staff very friendly and helpful. An excellent location to explore the West End. We were not booked in for breakfast as we decided to go out and eat.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank KJTD123

Perth, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2013

The hotel has an excellent location near the Victoria Station and Gatwick Express. Opposite the hotel is a French bakery which is a cheaper alternative to the breakfast offered at the hotel. The lobby is modern, presentable and so are the rooms. However, nothing was particularly memorable for this hotel, everything was what you would expect for a comfortable stay but no wow factor. The location is definitely the drawcard here, we watched a musical at a nearby theatre, there are restaurants/pubs around, the tube is nearby, Gatwick Express is nearby, so I'd recommend the hotel based on this.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Teddybear00
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments; I am delighted that you found the hotel suited to your needs.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Best Wishes,