“Excellent value, convenient location.”

The Villa Kensington
Ranked #503 of 1,075 Hotels in London
Reviewed June 17, 2014

Has recently been refurbished and had air con in each room. Compared very favorably with a luxury chain I stayed at the week before.

Wifi was a little unreliable in the room and continental breakfast was not great but pay an extra £5.50 for a full English and you can't go wrong!

However, the hotel is clean, staff are very good and it is in a fantastic location - great value for money

• Stayed: June 2014
Ferdinand P, General Manager at The Villa Kensington, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2014

Dear Guest, I would like to thank you for taking the time to write this review. I am just glad that overall you had a nice stay with us. Take care and we hope to see you soon. Ferdinand. GM

Reviewed June 11, 2014

I stayed in twin room and it was actually bigger than a twin of a more expensive hotel just nearby. I enjoyed the cleanliness of the room and the amenities and breakfast were good as well.
The location is excellent, very close to the underground and still on a quiet street, and our room had a nice view, too.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Mirv4

Dear Guest, thank you so much for your review. We look forward to welcoming you back. Best regards. Ferdinand. GM

Reviewed June 5, 2014

What I liked: fantastic and very helpful staff, location = three minutes to the tube! two supermarkets, a drug store, three pubs and a ton of restaurants, best continental breakfast I have had for a while, good wifi in the room and lots of outlets, modern bathroom with a great shower and the room was spotless.

Did not like: tiny bathroom, no face cloth or hand towels just bath towels, no Kleenex, no clock or clock radio and a tiny wall mounted TV difficult to see from the bed and you cannot make outgoing calls on your phone even if you have a phone card.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for staying with us and for taking the time to write this review. We really appreciate your feedback and we are already looking at options/solutions for the shortfalls. Best regards. Ferdinand. GM

Reviewed May 31, 2014

I stayed for 3 nights in the end of May, and I couldn't have been happier with my decision to book here. It's reasonably priced, and it was definitely one of the better priced ones I could find in the area. I came to London to attend two concerts at Royal Albert Hall, and it was a short ten-fifteen minute walk from the hotel. Gloucster Road tube station is just a couple of minutes walk away. You're really close to everything when staying here.

My single room was actually more spacious than I expected, thinking in London-standards. It's an expensive city; and this hotel was clean, neat and had every amenities you'd need for a short stay. I love the style of the building it's located in, with the high ceilings. Also loved that I could open my window properly, because I can't sleep properly unless I do that! Friendly staff, too. And I talked a bit with one of the cleaning ladies when I'd de-magnitized my key card, and she was the sweetest, most helpful lady. Shout out to whomever you are, kind woman! :-)

Love the Kensington area as it's in the middle of the city, but still a bit calmer and nicer than many other places. Will stay at The Villa Kensington again, I'm sure.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
Ferdinand P, General Manager at The Villa Kensington, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2014

Dear Guest, I would like to sincerely thank you for taking the time to write this review. We look forward to welcoming you back. Best regards. Ferdinand. GM

Reviewed May 29, 2014

We chose to stay here because we wanted a triple room with three single beds. The room was bigger than we had hoped for, clean and comfy with a great walk in shower in the bathroom. Free WIFI was much appreciated and well used.
The location was very convenient, only a short walk from the tube with plenty of places nearby to eat and drink if needed.
The staff were really friendly and helpful and after checking out we were able to leave our luggage so we could make the most of our last day and collect it whenever we were ready. I would definitely recommend this hotel and will stay again

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Guest, I cannot thank you enough for taking the time to leave such nice comments. My very best regards. Ferdinand. GM

Reviewed May 28, 2014

I stayed at the Villa in Kensington on the Bank holiday in May and found it a really great place to stay. The staff were super helpful and nothing was too much bother. My sister and I were leaving early in the morning and they provided us with breakfast to take away which was great and really appreciated.
The hotel is spotless! and although compact it was great value in a really central location.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Guest, thank you very much for staying with us and for your review. Take care and we hope to see you soon. Best regards. Ferdinand. GM

Reviewed May 27, 2014

we stayed at the villa kensington last week as we were visiting the chelsea flower show, because of this the price more of less doubled to £174 for one night, The room was very small a large ugly side table and wardrobe taking up most of the space, there was about 6/7 inch foot space to walk around base of bed, The shower was crap no water pressure, tiles loose on wall, two tiny bottles of shower gel/shampoo
Breafast was nothing special cheap coissant with a builders mug of coffee i asked for a cup but the waitress didnt understand
i know only three stars it was the thought of being riped off

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank clarkey2014
Ferdinand P, General Manager at The Villa Kensington, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2014

Dear Guest, I am really sorry you did not enjoyed your stay with us. I understand you expected so much more. I respect your opinion if you believe that the rate you paid to stay in London south Kensington, during Chelsea Flower Show, one of the busiest period of the calendar, was too high. I am particularly disappointed you only awarded us one star for cleanliness...this is an area where we normally excel. I also find it hard to believe that you could not get a cup of tea.....really..? Thank you for staying with us. Regards. Ferdinand. GM