The Villa Kensington
Saint Simeon(London)
  • Breakfast included
  • Room Service
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewstriple roomgloucester roadcontinental breakfastthree single bedsthe natural history museumgreat locationtube stationyogurtroyal albert hallthe holiday innpiccadilly linefree wifiquiet streetchoice of cerealsfull englishbeds were comfortablehyde park
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 16, 2012

There were some problems to begin with,but hotel crews tried to fix them as much as they could.
Location is excellent because it is very easy to come from Heathrow by Piccadilly line. What they couldn´t provide was a triple room which I reserved, adapter for charging for two days.Room door didn´t get locked which they couldn´t fix,but nothing was stolen. Carpeted room is not the easy thing to clean,shower was very poor. I don´t want to complain because I had a great time in London anyway. Must go to the breakfast on time because they really took everything away at 9.30!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Ferdinand P, General Manager at The Villa Kensington, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2012

Dear Nichihas,
we really appreciate you have taken the time to leave these comments. Please do not be afraid to let us know when something is not right (the shower....) Thanks again and we hope to see you soon. Kind regards. Ferdinand. GM

Reviewed October 6, 2012

I arrived yesterday in the afternoon. Reception is kind, they new my name. My room is a little tiny room, on the last flor, lift has a problem but I had not to carry my bags up. Clean room, great for a night stay, with view, just don't expect luxury, for the price is good.
Location is the big point about this hotel, I know very well the area, tube about 4 minutes walking and also bus stop. Shops, supermarket, pharmacy and restaurants.
If you want a peaceful place just to sleep while you are visiting London I truly recommend this place and for sure I will come back next month.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Ticha34
Ferdinand P, General Manager at The Villa Kensington, responded to this reviewResponded December 14, 2012

Dear Guest,
Looks like you really enjoyed your stay with us. We are looking forward to welcoming you back. Take care. Ferdinand. GM

Reviewed October 3, 2012

We thought this a very good 3 star hotel for this part of London; after a wobbly start - we were allocated a tiny double room (404 - be Warned!) where the double bed just fitted lengthways between the two side walls and the long side of the bed was up against the window wall, so that whoever slept on that side had to clamber in and out. Also, there was no hanging rail in the wardrobe, although plenty of hangers on the shelf. We were moved very promptly, so have no complaints there. The (twin bedded) room we were moved to was perfectly adequate space-wise and overlooked the square which was very pleasant. There are no bath mats for the floor which could be dangerous when stepping out of the shower with wet feet, and no hand towels - just very small bath towels. Everything very clean - except top of wardrobe very dusty (I am not anal - just put the bag up there and it was dusty when I pulled it off to pack when leaving!!). Breakfast was adequate, but one guest complained about lack of croissants! There was no fruit salad when we were there, just bananas.
The central air conditioning was very noisy so we requested it was turned off in our room for the second night which they did. Much better.
On the plus side the staff were very helpful and pleasant throughout. The location is excellent for museums, Royal Albert Hall, Parks and underground. Easy to get tube or bus to West End etc. We would definitely stay there again (avoiding Room 404 of course!)

Room Tip: Avoid room 404 as a double unless you are happy to clamber over the other person!! Room 402 is a good sized twin bedded room where they will push the beds together - which gives you more space.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Cookie W
Ferdinand P, General Manager at The Villa Kensington, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2012

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your detailed feedback. Rom 404 is a Double room for Single occupancy...(or Single) I am not quite sure why you were allocated that room in the first place if there were two of you. I understand you were offered another room immediately, so no damage done then........We have improved our breakfast a lot since you stayed with us, prove we listen to our customers......We hope to see you back soon. Take care. Ferdinand. GM

Reviewed September 29, 2012

For a 3 star hotel in central London I thought this was better than average. The bathroom was tiny but clean. The air conditioning was fixed centrally but the hotel was clean, bright, fairly friendly and the breakfast was OK although the fruit salad was tinned. For GBP85 including breakfast & free wifi I thought the price was very reasonable and the location is very convenient. I didn't get the feeling they were just trying to make money out of me. I was happy with it and would stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Lemmus

Dear Guest,
We really appreciate your honest feedback. Please come back soon.
Kind regards. Ferdinand. GM

Reviewed September 9, 2012

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com